What's new

I2 Black Adam Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
I think the optimal dive kick combo right now is: MBdf3 f3 j3xxdf3 11xx4 f12 1+3 which does 423.88 on superman.

The only "true" way to setup the bomb is after a mb black magic, so doing something like 22b1 j1xxdf3 13xxMBdb1 db2b
I could not for the life of me get the f3 to connect, I tried that last night and thought the link was impossible haha. Is this height dependent?

Which ones? Theres not a whole lot thats different about him this patch. Still has good metered and meterless dmg, mb black magic is hella awesome now and worth spending bar on. B2 is faster and easier to use. Dive kick is still stupid. I just dont see his mu's being any worse. They nerfed him in some areas then buffed in others enough so to compensate for the nerfs. AND got to keep all his useful tools. So i have to disagree, imo hes still top 5 at least.
Essentially agree 100%. But where did he get a buff at? Also, why is "mb black magic is hella awesome now"? Isn't it the same as before, only now that you have to use meter?

But I am also curious about the other post claiming some mu are now 4-6.

Essentially agree 100%. But where did he get a buff at? Also, why is "mb black magic is hella awesome now"? Isn't it the same as before, only now that you have to use meter?

Mb black magic prepatch didnt scale for dmg anywhere near as well as it does now. And since non metered black magic pre patch had so much hit stun there was no reason for him to spend bar. So they made so you cant launch with it meterlessly anymore (not a big deal cuz trait cancels into 22b1 for meterless combos) but they compinsated by making mb black magic this patch scale WAY better for dmg so its worth spending bar on. Legit you can full screen mb black magic dash up and b3 for a full combo doing between 380 to 400 dmg depending on the match up. Its awesome sauce. They also made b2 (his overhead move) faster at 15 frames down from 19 frames.

In fact mb black magic scales for dmg so well now that it replaced mb lightning cage in all his bnb's

Damn! I got so use to Lightning Cage. Now I haveta learn all over again.....

Thanks for info.
Good news, its easier to combo with mb black magic than mb lightning cage. And the combo is the same as well. Just where you normally us mb lightning cage, use mb black magic instead. Simple.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Mb black magic prepatch didnt scale for dmg anywhere near as well as it does now. And since non metered black magic pre patch had so much hit stun there was no reason for him to spend bar. So they made so you cant launch with it meterlessly anymore (not a big deal cuz trait cancels into 22b1 for meterless combos) but they compinsated by making mb black magic this patch scale WAY better for dmg so its worth spending bar on. Legit you can full screen mb black magic dash up and b3 for a full combo doing between 380 to 400 dmg depending on the match up. Its awesome sauce. They also made b2 (his overhead move) faster at 15 frames down from 19 frames.
lol what are you talking about? b2 wasn't changed, it was never 19 frames.

wsj515

Here's a list of post patch BnBs I + a bunch of people on the discord put together:

(all damage values from superman in comp mode)

Midscreen meterless

F12xx4 b23 1+3 284.72

F12xx4 22b1 f12 f12 1+3 303.15
(note that this combo is extremely tight on robin, fate, beetle, cold, and firestorm)

112xx4 df3 f12 1+3 281.41

b12xx4 f12 b23 1+3 299.94

d1xx4 113xxdf1 227.19

d1xx4 22b1 f12 f12 1+3 272.95

22b1xx4 j3xxdf3 f12 1+3 347.49

Midscreen 1 bar

F12xxMBdb1 b3 j3xxdf3 f12xx4 f12 1+3 426.14

F12xxMBdb1 b3 j3 b23 1+3 400.49

F12xxMBdb1 j3 f3 j2xxdf3 f12 1+3 418.67

F12xxMBdb1 j2 b3 j3 f12 1+3 409.13

113/112xxMBdb1 b3 b23 1+3 393.30/358.24

MBdf3 df3 f12xx4 b23 1+3/f12 1+3 362.92/333.94

D1xx4 f12xxMBdb1 b3 j3xxdf3 f12 1+3 370.77

MBdb1 b3 j3xxdf3 f12xx4 f12 1+3 398.71

Corner
You can pretty much interchange any ender in most of these corner combos. 113xxdf1 for max damage, f12 1+3 for a little bit less/a little more +, 13 for even less (not by much though) but opens up our setups.

F12xx4 22b1 j1xxdf3 j1xxdf3 f12 1+3 347.80

22b1xx4 f3 j3xxdf3 113xxdf1 367.63

22b1xx4 j3xxdf3 j1xxdf3 113xxdf1 364.27

F3 j3xxdf3 113xx4 113xxdf1 432.88

113xx4 113xxdf1 301.20

112 113xx4 113xxdf1 339.29

112xx4 f3 j3xxdf3 113xxdf1 388.91

MBdf3 f3 j3xxdf3 11xx4 f12 1+3 423.88

D1xx4 22b1 j1xxdf3 j1xxdf3 f12 1+3 318.98

F12xx4 22b1 j1xxdf3 13xxMBdb1 db2b 331.84

Conversions

J1 f12xx4 b23 1+3 298.68

D2 f12 f12xx4 b23 1+3 270.02

D2 j3xxdf3 f12xx4 f12 1+3 303.03

D2xx4 j3xxdf3 b23 1+3 281.50

Background bounce can lead to big damage, but I didn't want to go through listing them because there are so many different variations/ways you can use background bounce in combos.

the new f12 4 f12 mb bm close lightning bomb d1 df1 etc combo is hype and big d but the timing is like 4 just frames in a row jesus christ

ive gotten normal lightning bomb into 112 to connect as well but even on large chars not only is it hard to time strike after lightning bomb but even if you do hit the df1 sometimes ends to early to make them hit the bomb

any timing tips people have found are welcome

Hey guys, super noob here looking for some general inj2 + Black Adam tips. Thanks in advance! :)

1. I notice when i play online that everything I try with Black Adam get's blocked. A friend of mine told me it was cause he's a super popular character. However, high level Black Adam players (like Dragon for example) have somehow figured out a way to keep people guessing. What can I do in training to get more tricky? I feel like Adam only has a few options...

2. Last week's Inj tourney mentioned a lot about "reactions" and why they are so important. I scored really well on a online reaction test, but i feel like my reactions in game are weak as hell. Any tips on getting better at reactions?

3. (ok last question lol) I tend to "freak out" when I'm in the middle of a match, and find myself mashing buttons and just doing anything. Then when I notice I'm doing this, I start thinking about the fact that I'm doing it and that throws me off even more. Eventually I get super mopppped lol. Any advice on that?

wsj515

Hey guys, super noob here looking for some general inj2 + Black Adam tips. Thanks in advance! :)

1. I notice when i play online that everything I try with Black Adam get's blocked. A friend of mine told me it was cause he's a super popular character. However, high level Black Adam players (like Dragon for example) have somehow figured out a way to keep people guessing. What can I do in training to get more tricky? I feel like Adam only has a few options...

2. Last week's Inj tourney mentioned a lot about "reactions" and why they are so important. I scored really well on a online reaction test, but i feel like my reactions in game are weak as hell. Any tips on getting better at reactions?

3. (ok last question lol) I tend to "freak out" when I'm in the middle of a match, and find myself mashing buttons and just doing anything. Then when I notice I'm doing this, I start thinking about the fact that I'm doing it and that throws me off even more. Eventually I get super mopppped lol. Any advice on that?
1. We have a lot of ways to score hits despite not really having 50/50s. The main way for us to get a hit and start a combo is through establishing a neutral and punishing them for doing different things. You can catch people pressing buttons when they are negative with our 6f d1 (we can get a combo with trait), you can whiff punish people with our 8f f1, you can catch people jumping with j1. All of these are reactionary or are in anticipation (a read) of the opponent doing something, so you need to establish your neutral game depending on the matchup.

We do have some opportunities to mix, particularly in the corner and after a trait cancel. You can also do mb low lightning in place of the overhead hit of a string, its a bit gimmicky but it works. After f12xx4 grab and f3 are pretty much a 50/50, you can also just continue pressure into plus frames and try to catch them disrespecting. We have plenty of setups in the corner that allow you to mix listed above. Also remember that people will try and crouch block f1, so keep them on their toes by using b2.

2. Reactions in game take a lot more than just reacting. You need to not only react to something, but recognize what it actually is, and then proceed to act accordingly. This all comes from matchup knowledge, knowing your opponent's most used/best tools, their frame data, and how you punish or block it. So it will come as you play more, but going into practice mode and becoming familiar with other characters will help a lot.

3. This is just raw practice. You need to drill all your combos, hit confirms, etc. so that its all muscle memory and its not taking up mental bandwidth and you can actually focus on whats going on. The more you play, the more relaxed and calculated you will get, and you will mash/freak out/do stupid things less often. If you find yourself doing it, try to slow down the game and regain your composure. Instead of continuously getting hit by Deadshot's gun as you try and brute force your way in, you're better off taking a second to slow down and think while eating some chip damage.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I

Plus frame throws, use trait for plus frames and chip.If you're not doing it, you aren't truely playing Black Adam.Also memorize the divekick conversion by heart, it is one his most important tools as a hard to react un-whiff punishable instant-airable overhead launcher.Use back2 at optimal range in order to prevent your opponent from blocking(it hits overhead and is hard to react, also tends to outrange most down pokes)

I
Plus frame throws, use trait for plus frames and chip.If you're not doing it, you aren't truely playing Black Adam.Also memorize the divekick conversion by heart, it is one his most important tools as a hard to react un-whiff punishable instant-airable overhead launcher.Use back2 at optimal range in order to prevent your opponent from blocking(it hits overhead and is hard to react, also tends to outrange most down pokes)
Thanks bro. Man that IA dive kick is killing me. Been in practice for exactly 23 minutes now and still can't hit it consistently.

Thanks for the tip on trait. I didn't know it could decrease the time it takes to throw a move out. Thought it was just for added damage. It's able to make longer moves end super quickly.

I was thinking about picking up Cheetah last night. Played with her for about an hour in training and realized she's probably got the most mixups in the game.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Thanks bro. Man that IA dive kick is killing me. Been in practice for exactly 23 minutes now and still can't hit it consistently.

Thanks for the tip on trait. I didn't know it could decrease the time it takes to throw a move out. Thought it was just for added damage. It's able to make longer moves end super quickly.

I was thinking about picking up Cheetah last night. Played with her for about an hour in training and realized she's probably got the most mixups in the game.
Make sure you lean your thumb in the correct motion for better ia divekicks.
Np man!

1. We have a lot of ways to score hits despite not really having 50/50s. The main way for us to get a hit and start a combo is through establishing a neutral and punishing them for doing different things. You can catch people pressing buttons when they are negative with our 6f d1 (we can get a combo with trait), you can whiff punish people with our 8f f1, you can catch people jumping with j1. All of these are reactionary or are in anticipation (a read) of the opponent doing something, so you need to establish your neutral game depending on the matchup.

We do have some opportunities to mix, particularly in the corner and after a trait cancel. You can also do mb low lightning in place of the overhead hit of a string, its a bit gimmicky but it works. After f12xx4 grab and f3 are pretty much a 50/50, you can also just continue pressure into plus frames and try to catch them disrespecting. We have plenty of setups in the corner that allow you to mix listed above. Also remember that people will try and crouch block f1, so keep them on their toes by using b2.

2. Reactions in game take a lot more than just reacting. You need to not only react to something, but recognize what it actually is, and then proceed to act accordingly. This all comes from matchup knowledge, knowing your opponent's most used/best tools, their frame data, and how you punish or block it. So it will come as you play more, but going into practice mode and becoming familiar with other characters will help a lot.

3. This is just raw practice. You need to drill all your combos, hit confirms, etc. so that its all muscle memory and its not taking up mental bandwidth and you can actually focus on whats going on. The more you play, the more relaxed and calculated you will get, and you will mash/freak out/do stupid things less often. If you find yourself doing it, try to slow down the game and regain your composure. Instead of continuously getting hit by Deadshot's gun as you try and brute force your way in, you're better off taking a second to slow down and think while eating some chip damage.
Whoa that was super solid advice man thanks. Especially that last piece about slowing down a bit. Haven't played many matches online today, but that single addition to my gameplay has already shown results. I normally freak out when I'm being pressured by a character (in the corner or frame traps -- they always make me panic). But using your tactic, just slowing down a bit and thinking instead of freaking out, I came back from 2 very very bad life deficits. Thanks man!

One more question if you guys don't mind (so much talent in this place lol).

I practice a lot....like a lot a lot. Sometimes, I feel like I practice more than I play the game. This leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong. I feel like I have most my BnBs down to muscle memory at this point. And I also feel like I don't try and overcomplicate things while the match is going on. I once read that I should be practicing "situations". Sonic Fox recently said this as well (says he practices every single "scenario").

What scenarios are you guys referring to? Like "full screen, mid, close"? Or does it get more granular than that?

And if I'm watching my replays (which I do constantly), what am I supposed to be looking for? I always get to the end of the footage and feel like I didn't even watch a match only moments ago. I think I suffer from not knowing exactly what to do while in practice in order to perfect what to do in certain situations, so could use some tips there. And I also think there are answers in replays that are beyond my expertise at the moment...so could also use some advice there.

Thanks in advance yall!

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
the new f12 4 f12 mb bm close lightning bomb d1 df1 etc combo is hype and big d but the timing is like 4 just frames in a row jesus christ

ive gotten normal lightning bomb into 112 to connect as well but even on large chars not only is it hard to time strike after lightning bomb but even if you do hit the df1 sometimes ends to early to make them hit the bomb

any timing tips people have found are welcome
I find the hardest part is the d1 df1 sometimes not launching, but I've found it's due to you not getting the bomb out early enough, since you have to do the d1 it seems at the max height.
To do the bomb perfectly I do the db1, wait about a second to MB it, and as soon as you press MB input db2 and just hold back, then d1 df1.
The trickiest part I find is connecting the F3 after the launch from the bomb, since Adam is in this weird recovery animation where he can't move so you have to time it late.

However there is an easier combo, with the mb black magic, do the regular bomb (db2), then very late 112 trait, this will hit them into the bomb and you can walk forward into s f3, into f121+3 or b231+3

wsj515

Whoa that was super solid advice man thanks. Especially that last piece about slowing down a bit. Haven't played many matches online today, but that single addition to my gameplay has already shown results. I normally freak out when I'm being pressured by a character (in the corner or frame traps -- they always make me panic). But using your tactic, just slowing down a bit and thinking instead of freaking out, I came back from 2 very very bad life deficits. Thanks man!

One more question if you guys don't mind (so much talent in this place lol).

I practice a lot....like a lot a lot. Sometimes, I feel like I practice more than I play the game. This leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong. I feel like I have most my BnBs down to muscle memory at this point. And I also feel like I don't try and overcomplicate things while the match is going on. I once read that I should be practicing "situations". Sonic Fox recently said this as well (says he practices every single "scenario").

What scenarios are you guys referring to? Like "full screen, mid, close"? Or does it get more granular than that?

And if I'm watching my replays (which I do constantly), what am I supposed to be looking for? I always get to the end of the footage and feel like I didn't even watch a match only moments ago. I think I suffer from not knowing exactly what to do while in practice in order to perfect what to do in certain situations, so could use some tips there. And I also think there are answers in replays that are beyond my expertise at the moment...so could also use some advice there.

Thanks in advance yall!
For the scenarios thing, I think it comes down again to matchup knowledge and understanding your options vs. your opponent's options in a given situation. I think a good way to learn this stuff would be to simply play, and whenever you recognize a character or tool that gives you trouble, take it to the lab and figure out what you can do about it.

When you say you try not to overcomplicate things - its good to keep things simple and consistent so you don't drop combos etc., but its bad if you fall into the trap of playing flowcharty, because then you become predictable and therefore easy prey. We have such easy access to good plus frames from our trait, its ok to get a little gimmicky. Like you said before, back when Adam was flavor of the month, everyone had a pocket Adam, but 99% had 0 tech and just knew the basic 1 bar bnb, so gimmicks can work a lot of the time.

Also, if you want you could upload matches here, and we could help look at how you are playing different matchups, what tools you use, etc.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
okay i found out my issue was i was pressing d1 too early, it works when i time it accurately
Yeah you have to delay it, if I did it too fast he'd just do df1, once you learn how long to delay it you'll never drop it, just depends on the bomb sometimes not launching them after the df1

Status
Not open for further replies.