What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
1. Don't hold down to block. Wraith will grab you.
2. Get a knockdown on Zod cuz he can't control Wraith when he's being combo'd or knocked down.
3. Bye Bye Trait

If he gets in, it looks like you can fuzzy guard just about any trait overhead/low mixup he can do. Push blocking = Byebye trait as well.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I find it really funny that his string with a low ender happens to end with ice breath, which is more plus on block than Superman's newly normalized ice breath.
We spent so much time trying to get one character nerfed that we've let another with something even dumber slip through the net?

MORE AT 10.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Using 123xxtrait for an ender seems to give a 50/50 since 123 gives a hard knockdown

From there, you're in perfect range to mb lazerz or use trait overhead grab

I didnt get a ton of time to try it, but I believe you can just neutral jump and then hold back once you land and be safe. Maybe.

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
I didnt get a ton of time to try it, but I believe you can just neutral jump and then hold back once you land and be safe. Maybe.
Zod can still use wraith while he has his MB Ground Blast running. Meaning if you Neutral Jump, you'll get slapped out of the sky before you can hit the ground, which leaves Zod at no real disadvantage.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Zod can still use wraith while he has his MB Ground Blast running. Meaning if you Neutral Jump, you'll get slapped out of the sky before you can hit the ground, which leaves Zod at no real disadvantage.

Wait, the wraith can overhead grab you during a MB Ground Blast?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So where is everyone with their instant air fireballs? I'm mediocre at it on the P1 side and a full retard at it on the P2 side.

I don't suppose there's secretly a way to buffer that shit or anything? I've just been going the long way and hitting jump then attempting to db1b before the jump can really register. Am I kneeling before Zod? Because this sucks. Can't wait to get back to grinding this out.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
We spent so much time trying to get one character nerfed that we've let another with something even dumber slip through the net?

MORE AT 10.
11d2 is negative on block, it can be punished and no one is more dumb than Scorpion in this game. I don't even think the inclusion of Super/Power Girl can be more dumb than Scorpion.

I don't suppose there's secretly a way to buffer that shit or anything? I've just been going the long way and hitting jump then attempting to db1b before the jump can really register. Am I kneeling before Zod? Because this sucks. Can't wait to get back to grinding this out.

The secret way to do it is with a hitbox. It's relatively easy to get them very low, very regularly with a hitbox, assuming you are using a stick you need to try and minimize the throw of the stick (try and move it only as far as you need to in order to get it to register) that will help tighten up the IAFB.

Also his b1,2 has incredibly interesting properties. It might be one of the most broken strings in the game.

MORE AT 10.

Other people kind of touched on this, it's a hilarious observation when reading the move list, but in reality it looks like 112 and 11d2 had their frame data swapped. 11d2 is deffinately not positive, although it's not heavily negative either, while 112 appears to be positive on block and hit.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
So where is everyone with their instant air fireballs? I'm mediocre at it on the P1 side and a full retard at it on the P2 side.

IAKR (instant air Kryptonian Rifle) isn't as functionally useful as Cyborg's. The start up is too long, so even on the fastest frame you do it at a height that it passes over the head of every standing character in the game. If I have the space, what I've been doing instead is a VERY late Slow Kryptonian Rifle, which allows me to recover much faster to one of the following:

*Chase the ball for pressure
*Provide cover for a Wraith Summon
*Zone some more

Zod is all about the trait and stalling for time until you have it again, I am more convinced of this now than ever. Every time trait is out, you should be getting the most out of those slashes. They are 1.63% chip each, and can be done while you jump, so using Wraith Slash like Batman uses bats (Summon wraith, slash and approach, slash and attempt cross up) are possible.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yeah but there's no secret way to get a hitbox at a price I can swing right now. haha

IAKR (instant air Kryptonian Rifle) isn't as functionally useful as Cyborg's. The start up is too longs, so even on the fastest fram you do it at a height that it passes over the head of every standing character in the game.

Not going to delve into all of the post, but this part is simply not true. I can hit the "IAKR" or IAFB at about chest height with perfect input, head height as a general input. I also believe it's MORE functional than Cyborgs in part because it hits mid still, and in part because Zod has a stronger game in general.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Not going to delve into all of the post, but this part is simply not true. I can hit the "IAKR" or IAFB at about chest height with perfect input, head height as a general input. I also believe it's MORE functional than Cyborgs in part because it hits mid still, and in part because Zod has a stronger game in general.
True that. I was getting at about 3/10 at such a low height there was barely even a visual register of a jump, then about 2/10 at the max you-can't-just-walk-under-this height. The other five are crap.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
True that. I was getting at about 3/10 at such a low height there was barely even a visual register of a jump, then about 2/10 at the max you-can't-just-walk-under-this height. The other five are crap.
I'm using a Madcatz TE so that may be a part of my problem. I can do Cyborg IAFB pretty consistently at the lowest height so it may be a matter of how fast the inputs can register on an arcade stick. Good to know that it's possible to do it that low as an instant though. Another excuse for me to lab more. Will try with pad and see if I yield different results.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Alright, Zod's has three strings that cannot be punished on block by special and super moves, not even by Superman's Super.
b23

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Other people kind of touched on this, it's a hilarious observation when reading the move list, but in reality it looks like 112 and 11d2 had their frame data swapped. 11d2 is deffinately not positive, although it's not heavily negative either, while 112 appears to be positive on block and hit.
I'd seriously love to know how NRS goes about distributing this information. At least we know it'll be fixed.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Alright, Zod's has three strings that cannot be punished on block by special and super moves, not even by Superman's Super.
b23
112? Really? Frame data says it's -5. Awesome, another string to use on block for free. Maybe the frame data for 11D2 and 112 are reversed?

Error

DF2+R2

MORE AT 10.
Even if 11d2 was +5 like it says he doesn't have anyways of looping it Superman style.

Even if 11d2 was +5 like it says he doesn't have anyways of looping it Superman style.

I think 11d2, b12 would have worked had the data been correct. Zod can still do something similar just using different strings, but as I haven't taken it to the lab yet (only casuals) I want to test it more thoroughly before posting in detail.

Error

DF2+R2
I think 11d2, b12 would have worked had the data been correct. Zod can still do something similar just using different strings, but as I haven't taken it to the lab yet (only casuals) I want to test it more thoroughly before posting in detail.
I mean he wouldn't have been able to loop 11d2 11d2 11d2 like Superman does, his pressure would be more like Black Adam's.

Error

DF2+R2
Just a theory here, but do you guys think that after a 22 1+3/112 1+3 he can start charging a far ground beam and trap certain characters on wake-up?