What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Actually the low lazer might lead to some mixups off his overhead strings, either 12(data says mid, training mode says overhead) or 213 end on overhead. Also the lazer starting that quickly might create a great threat in tandem with trait.

Swoops

Noob
Couple of notes with Zod after playing him for the first couple hours or so:

Phantom Palm is baller. Huuuuge range in front of him and is still safe on block. I almost use this more than Zod charge. Only downside is its recovery on whiff. Really easy to MB confirm.

St.3 is also a really fun move. Super fast, good range, 2 on block and knocks away.

You can combo into a level 2 laser if you cancel from 2,2 xx. Seems pretty useful for maybe trapping into level 3 or dash canceling into a mix up?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
the downplaying needs to stop. hes high tier deal with it

hes already is the best zoner in the game.. has formidable rush down and safe 50/50s

his zoning is a little tricky itll take time to get used to

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
the downplaying needs to stop. hes high tier deal with it

hes already is the best zoner in the game.. has formidable rush down and safe 50/50s

his zoning is a little tricky itll take time to get used to
Can't really downplay/up-play when we don't fully know what the character is capable of. And as for "best zoner in the game" I highly doubt it. In an all out zoning war, I can already see him losing to Deathstroke and Sinestro.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Can't really downplay/up-play when we don't fully know what the character is capable of. And as for "best zoner in the game" I highly doubt it. In an all out zoning war, I can already see him losing to Deathstroke and Sinestro.
he beats deathstroke in zoning i guarantee it and pretty sure sinestro too without trait at least.. he zones like reptile but even better

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
he beats deathstroke in zoning i guarantee it and pretty sure sinestro too without trait at least.. he zones like reptile but even better
Deathstroke's Quick Fire is 11F start up. You won't be able to use Kryptonian Rifle at all against him, he'll be able to react to it every time and beat the start up. I'd like to agree with you about the Reptile zoning, but Kryptonian Rifle has almost no block stun, so locking people down with Rifle isn't going to work.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Deathstroke's Quick Fire is 11F start up. You won't be able to use Kryptonian Rifle at all against him, he'll be able to react to it every time and beat the start up. I'd like to agree with you about the Reptile zoning, but Kryptonian Rifle has almost no block stun, so locking people down with Rifle isn't going to work.
from full screen all of his kryptonian rifles are plus on block even the fastest one.. you can easilly jump and do an ex rifle normal and gain zoning advantage and its over.. or you can trade with our pistol and get a ball out.. once he gets zoning advantae its over..

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
His rifle is actually not a good zoning tool because its too slow.
I completely disagree its only 4 frames slower startup than reptiles and reptile was one of the best zoners in mk.. plus he has much more zoning options than reptile..

point is the the opponent will always have to come to you if played right..
you can also do instant slow fbs ala cyborg..
this characters zoning is amazing

i agree he wont be able to keep people out but they will always have to come to him

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Ah fuck it, still going to buy Zod when my game is done downloading the patch. So about characters with parries against Zod's trait, can they only parry the slash? Or can they also parry the grab?

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I completely disagree its only 4 frames slower startup than reptiles and reptile was one of the best zoners in mk.. plus he has much more zoning options than reptile..

point is the the opponent will always have to come to you if played right..
you can also do instant slow fbs ala cyborg..
this characters zoning is amazing

i agree he wont be able to keep people out but they will always have to come to him
The recovery frames on Rifle are waaaaaaaaaaaay too long to even compare it to Reptile. Reptile's Force Balls had a total animation time of 60 frames. Zod's Rifle recovery time is 100 frames.

I think Zod is a solid zoner, but that's trait coupled with Ground Blast and Pistol, not Rifle. Rifle will have it's uses, but the applications won't be like Reptiles.

This ain't MK.
Also, I'm sure he loses to DS in zoning wars. Just had the experience a couple of times online.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Can someone list the correct frame data for his strings?

and also what's his best wake-up option for when you're getting rushed down?

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
So the Trait Grab can be done with D4 instead of DF4 or DB4. Is this a glitch? I'm getting used to just using it that way lol

Skitzo

Noob
Using 123xxtrait for an ender seems to give a 50/50 since 123 gives a hard knockdown

From there, you're in perfect range to mb lazerz or use trait overhead grab

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Liking what I hear about Zod... I hope I end up using him, not only because he was one of my most wanted characters from the beginning but because I want to send people messages saying, "where did you learn to play fighting games? ON A FARM?!!?"

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
So the Trait Grab can be done with D4 instead of DF4 or DB4. Is this a glitch? I'm getting used to just using it that way lol

I noticed this and am glad it works because:

Seems his trait lets him control the opponent's air options. I had Wonder Woman jump over him and airdash to the original side. 4 works but can miss depending on when it's pressed. d4 seems to catch airdashes no problem. So basically with his trait around the opponent can't jump since 4 is free (unless made to whiff by air movement like Lex corp charge) and he can not be crossed up thanks to d4.

regulas

Your Emporer
His airborn rifle is VERY good jump and than do it as fast as you can Zod goes Kabal mode(well more or less).His charge is soooo good it make me fear they'll nerf him.

IA attacks is a normal thing, and yes the rifle isn't usless but it's not your primary zoning tool unless your opponent has no zoning themselves. Anyone with a basic fireball will be able to outpace Rifle easily.

I suspect they will nerf the charges priority. The main problem with it is that it beats out almost everything even if the other attack hits first.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Too lazy to check if this was posted

If trait is active Zod can do an instant jump 1 into MB rifle and get a combo. After you input the rifle (db1) immediately press 4 and you'll launch them with the rifle shots.

Trait is so good for everything lol