What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

mfkaoz

Banned
Is there a certain trick that I'm missing out on while doing IAZB's?
I've been trying to land them consistently but I'm having a lot of trouble. Is this something that I just gotta grind out or is there some type of a shortcut?
I'm playing on pad btw.
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@Relaxedstate

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Is there a certain trick that I'm missing out on while doing IAZB's?
I've been trying to land them consistently but I'm having a lot of trouble. Is this something that I just gotta grind out or is there some type of a shortcut?
I'm playing on pad btw.
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@Relaxedstate
You need to buffer the (up) command. This is easy to do if you have just finished another move like a blocked MB laser. You can buffer during the few frames of block stun so you then jump up and shoot the fireball on the first frame possible. Just doing raw iazb is probably the hardest and can take lots of practice, but I find buffering the up while crouching (down-up) makes it easier. Then you can just buffer them as you fall down from the second one, third one ect...

I play on a fight stick (although everyone thinks I use hitbox). However the technique is probably the same.

mfkaoz

Banned
I was just messing with him in practice and I found myself doing them a lot more consistently when I inputted down and back at the same time after jumping instead of trying to roll my thumb down then back.
I'll try buffering the jump though.

How bad do you guys think the Grundy vs Zod matchup is? Feels 8-2 Zod to me.
I've played alot of grundy players and it seems Grundy has no chance unless he gets chip trait early.

No reason to ever get close in the matchup. You can just IAZB/trait to chip him out.
and if he gets you close to the corner you can just IAZC to get out.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
How bad do you guys think the Grundy vs Zod matchup is? Feels 8-2 Zod to me.
I've played alot of grundy players and it seems Grundy has no chance unless he gets chip trait early.

No reason to ever get close in the matchup. You can just IAZB/trait to chip him out.
and if he gets you close to the corner you can just IAZC to get out.
Somewhere in between 6:4 and 7:3 in my opinion. The Grundy player should be very patient and looking to punish zoning mistakes with big damage. The only character who Zod beats 8:2 is probably Lex Luthor.

I also think at the highest level Zod has no bad match ups aside from Martian Manhunter, to whom he loses at least 7:3.

Sorry if this has been done before, but I made a video of all of the thrown interactables zod can combo into trait grab (that I know of)...

Let me know if I missed anything so I can update it.

Last edited: