What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Alright, why is the knock down to Zod not a glitch? I have no problems believing it is intentional, but I can't really see why it would be.
You hit your opponent with Zod Charge while a projectile is still out and behind them, and the projectile hits the opponent, knocking both of you to the ground.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
You hit your opponent with Zod Charge while a projectile is still out and behind them, and the projectile hits the opponent, knocking both of you to the ground.
Yes, I can see that:p I would just think the knock back from the projectile while in the dive might not be intentional. It very well might be though. I was just thinking it should be more like when Black Adam combos with his trait out.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Yes, I can see that:p I would just think the knock back from the projectile while in the dive might not be intentional. It very well might be though. I was just thinking it should be more like when Black Adam combos with his trait out.
Since the KR projectile launches, it wouldn't make sense if it acted like BA's trait on top of it.

His trait doesn't have hit stun, which is why it works that way.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Far as I can tell, people will figure out how unfair he is, but unlike Scorpion, it's gonna take significant work to make him unfair.

EDIT: Big thing about Zod is that no one move is super unfair, and his normals are kinda lame, b2 and f2 being the exception. He also has an absolutely pathetic overhead game, comparable to Doomsday's pathetic low game. So it's gonna be one of those double edged sword characters and I think it'll balance out.

Can anyone help me with some timing?
I'm trying to do the 213 dash 112 combo, but I don't dash over fast enough.
Can I buffer the dash? How do I do this?

Can anyone help me with some timing?
I'm trying to do the 213 dash 112 combo, but I don't dash over fast enough.
Can I buffer the dash? How do I do this?
For me it helps to input the dash right when Zod's overhead starts swinging, but I have problems getting the timing on the 112 out. I generally mash it the whole time he is dashing, and have about 30% success on that end... Any tips for getting the 112 after the dash?

insignis

Noob
For me it helps to input the dash right when Zod's overhead starts swinging, but I have problems getting the timing on the 112 out. I generally mash it the whole time he is dashing, and have about 30% success on that end... Any tips for getting the 112 after the dash?
don't mash :) as far as there is almost no buffering in game the best way is to time 112 as soon as dash ends.Never dropped that one.
22/112 1+3 dash 112 - that's the challenge :D

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's intentional. The same thing occurs when Reptile grabs you and then one of his forceballs hits you in the middle of it in MK9.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
I've practiced the f21u2xxKR and I can input commands a little bit before the move actually comes out, but is it buffering? I ask because I suspect buffering in MK/IGAU terms may not be the same as SF terms.
As for the 112 after dash...
While I haven't labbed it, I theorize you can buffer dash, then after you input the dash, input 112.

Also, is it better to work on combos before set-ups with trait?
Being that Zod isn't a "braindead" character, there is a lot to learn (and more that has yet to be discovered), so I inquire for myself and newer Zod players that have yet to pick him up.
Thanks

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
How is everyone getting in without using the trait? These setups are amazing, but I find myself having to use the trait to get in for a combo.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

How is everyone getting in without using the trait? These setups are amazing, but I find myself having to use the trait to get in for a combo.
Probably with his really good dash and if you really want to be risky, Zod Charge. Or if you want to be expensive, MB Air Slow Kryptonian Rifle or MB Ground Laser for free dash. Or make them get scared to advance with Sidearm and then popping trait. He has a few decent ways of gettin in, but they all come at a price unless it's just dash.

Man, Zod's bf3 is really nice for making strings safe. Have you guys noticed any downsides to using this move? I need to check, but I believe I saw it was only -1 on block.

Too bad it isn't like Superman's Breath HAHA

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I've been using the trait to make people block it. The problem is that when I dash in to start a combo with his low starter I get hit before the F2 can come out.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Downside to that move is that it always knocks opponents far away. But beyond that, great move. Also is a reversal, not sure if we mentioned that already. Due to how it works though, not a universally wanted reversal. Sucks against jumpins

I've been using the trait to make people block it. The problem is that when I dash in to start a combo with his low starter I get hit before the F2 can come out.
You must combine wraith's attacks with your normals and specials to do that since I use a pad I slide my finger to 4 every time I use a string or a special(like BF1 then slide to 4).I think Zod is going to be the hardest character to use properly.