What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Oh hell titties... if you manage to setup a close to ground slow rifle you can far heat vision them x) Can imagine this in the corner lol

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
What's everyone's main strategy and setups with Zod? I find myself just throwing the trait out there but now people are blocking the grab. How is everyone approaching after the trait is up?

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
I forget if it was in this topic that had the discussion about his trait glitch, but I found a way around it, use the MB phantom zone punch.

no, because that's stupid. the point is to actually not have one of those stupid quotes and have a discussion thread. so discuss.
So a game that's about comic books (which is the definition of cheesy lines) can't have a cheesy Zod line as a thread title? Any way I believe that Zod is really good as it seems like his iakr (slow version) should be used in setups. The ground version of Kryptonite Rifle isn't great versus Deathstroke because he can punish it with guns from full screen.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Too lazy to check if this was posted

If trait is active Zod can do an instant jump 1 into MB rifle and get a combo. After you input the rifle (db1) immediately press 4 and you'll launch them with the rifle shots.

Trait is so good for everything lol
Hopefully someone saw this... :/

Anyway it doesn't seem consistent, or at least it's hard to pull off right. It seems to be a 50/50 with b.1 though. Gonna try to check again if I can get good damage off the j.1.

EDIT: Strange. It doesn't work on low hitbox characters :( Damn. Stranger is that deep jump 1 doesn't combo into trait. (J.1 4.)

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
Question.
How do I do instant air projectiles in this game? Not used to instant airing a projectile with such an odd motion.

Question.
How do I do instant air projectiles in this game? Not used to instant airing a projectile with such an odd motion.
Depends on what controls you use. Since this game doesn't allow you to tiger knee I use the normal controls and press down-back as soon as I jump

no, because that's stupid. the point is to actually not have one of those stupid quotes and have a discussion thread. so discuss.
In that case, can you make the title just "Zod General Discussion" or something? If there ain't no quote, take out the "<Insert dumb quote here>"

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So how exactly are you guys zoning with him?
I'm probably bad but I use instant air rifles with the occasional MB, use the knockdowns to set up trait and ground blasts, check them with charge for trying to jump on me, and I don't really use pistols unless I'm reading a dash/projectile.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Was there one of those ALL DAY ZOD STREAMS OMG somewhere or have the DLC hype levels died too much?

So how exactly are you guys zoning with him?
By putting fireballs on the screen and checking them with trait/dat 1 frame air rush.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
You can charge Zod's low laser for potential resets, a fully charged low laser will launch the opponent in the air and you can follow up with b3 into combo if you're close enough. You can also dash cancel it, and cancel the Laser charge into a MB.

insignis

Noob
I think the frame data for 11D2 and 112 were switched.
Superman can punish 11D2 with Super, but not 112.
11d2 is definately minus on block. 112 is about +7 or +8 cuz I'm able to do 112, then Lex dumme starts reversal Corpse charge,I hit him with d1. So we can do block strings like 112, d12~bf3. Works as Black Adam's one but ours first hit is high :(