What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Some early Zod play:
The skill level is very low, but it gives a good peek at what to expect. Gotta be honest, my hype level has dropped a bit. While his tools look good, and it seems like he has a decent 50/50 leading to combo up close, his normals (for the most part) look pretty awful. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.
a couple observations:
his b3 looks awesome (both the animation and it looks fast)
the new batman costume looks exactly like all of the others
his ex pistol looks pretty bad (looks like it has a lot of hitstun but no pushback... hmm. also, looks like it takes a while before he can do anything. maybe +5 on hit)
his front dash is extremely fast and goes really far
air projectile at the end of the superman fight
trait looks to be about 15-20 frames startup
backdash looks ok. starts like BA's and then slows at the end.
2:44ish, uses trait to extend combo
hitbox for ground lazer looks very very small.
d2 does not lift the opponent enough to combo (3:28)
10 second cool down on trait
4:15 he has a kick that looks pretty quick?

So how are zod's normals?

What's his game plan supposed to be?
After messing around briefly with the character, he seems like he is going to mainly be a zoner... His normals seem pretty bad and the trait doesn't hit cross up but might be useful for mixups as trait grab is overhead and can be used instead of his f3 overhead which might arguably be the worst in the game (31 frames start up and has a terrible range... almost have to be touching the opponent to hit lol)... I hope I am wrong and he turns out to be a viable character

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
It sure would be nice if I wasn't getting a "NOTHING AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THIS TIME" message whenever I try to download Zod. I could most likely answer that question otherwise.

My best guess is that you're going to be using slowballs and trait to cover your advance with your mediocre normals.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Anyone notice how his walk forward and walk back have start up lol? If you hold forward he takes some slight steps then speeds up. It's a bit less noticeable walking backwards.
Idk if every character has this but it's pretty funny and I don't think it will do too much harm.

TimTim

Don't Hate
He has an ok mixup I guess. He can go overhead with trait or b12 for the low.
Does 40+ damage. Also his damage output is pretty good so he's not all bad.
Check out the combo thread I posted plenty of meterless stuff.
But shit I'm having trouble with his ia fireballs. Coming from marvel and SF and Kabals fireballs for some reason this is giving me trouble.
His trait is still great though.

And scorpion is like impossible to fight against with Zod haha. Holy fucking shit.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm laughing at how everyone freaked out about him being overpowered. His trait doesn't even cross up. Zod is looking to be a balanced character.

His normals seem to need setup with the trait and zoning though, which is fine.

regulas

Your Emporer
He is a Sinestro Variation. Where Sinestro has to charge his trait, Zod's charges automatically, otherwise despite different abilities they seem generally similar. Zod does have better combo damage but worse normals though.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Damn it guys, I was hoping to actually buy a DLC character, and all I'm hearing is how Zod is terrible. :(

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Zod will have hard time upclose , doesnt have any gtfo off me type move . I think his best option to run away will be jump and charge away ( it travels pretty fast and far )

regulas

Your Emporer
Zod will have hard time upclose , doesnt have any gtfo off me type move . I think his best option to run away will be jump and charge away ( it travels pretty fast and far )

Wrong. Every single one of his specials and his Thow and Parry, knocks the opponent half-screen or further. Some notably MB Phatom punch Fullscreen, Phantom punch is also safe on block.

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
Any news on the UK XBL still giving "Content not available to purchase" when trying to buy Zod or the MoS skin?

It's been like this since 11am. It's nearly 5:30pm. This is Chronicles of Riddickulous.

regulas

Your Emporer
Any news on the UK XBL still giving "Content not available to purchase" when trying to buy Zod or the MoS skin?

It's been like this since 11am. It's nearly 5:30pm. This is Chronicles of Riddickulous.

Currently only available if you have season pass. At least on PSN its like that.