What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
And done! It said to insert dumb quote so I figured I'd do it. Enjoy Zodders. I gotta say a zoner with a counter scares the hell outta me. So much for Scorpion's port.

Fair enough. Its your thread. I thought it was a request :(
Does Zod make requests?
Nah, the idea was that all the stupid oneliners are stupid, so it's somewhat of a parody. I appreciate the thought though.
And no, Zod just tells you what to do, lol.
And soon Zod will body everybody.

shaowebb

Nah, the idea was that all the stupid oneliners are stupid, so it's somewhat of a parody. I appreciate the thought though.
And no, Zod just tells you what to do, lol.
And soon Zod will body everybody.
Yeah he has more jump fireballs than Akuma on Redbull and he has a counter so that you cant just teleport in on that shit. It'll likely counter Batgirl's port as well as Scorpion's because its not a true grab as it can be just plain old blocked like any other attack. Only ports that'll be worth using on him for punishes with those two will be jumping ones since I doubt he can do air counters so watch out with getting jump fireball happy on them. Stick to IAFB versus them instead of triple shots.

Zod is gonna frustrate some folks. Makes me wish Meter Burn Projectiles could cancel out other projectiles or wish for a meter burn dash that functions like a KoF roll or something. I'm thinking armor dudes will be his counter matchup. Bane and Doomsday mainly.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
When a mod edits your title and / or thread. You're supposed to just bend over and take it like a man,

I didn't cry when my "Deathstroke is the official badass of this game" Turned into a general discussion thread. Your kind will kneel before Zod.

shaowebb

Whats the startup on Zod Counter? Im curious as a Bane player if its possible for him to do a counter as a wakeup to try and escape some stuff Bane uses.

EDIT: NM. Seems folks say 3Frames and its a high only. Bane frame traps on wakeup start low. Bane's gameplan is still on deck.

Best title ever toro. I hate the other ones lol
Thanks, i hate it too, i really dont get why people couldnt just say "general discussion thread" like we did for MK
Yeah he has more jump fireballs than Akuma on Redbull and he has a counter so that you cant just teleport in on that shit. It'll likely counter Batgirl's port as well as Scorpion's because its not a true grab as it can be just plain old blocked like any other attack. Only ports that'll be worth using on him for punishes with those two will be jumping ones since I doubt he can do air counters so watch out with getting jump fireball happy on them. Stick to IAFB versus them instead of triple shots.

Zod is gonna frustrate some folks. Makes me wish Meter Burn Projectiles could cancel out other projectiles or wish for a meter burn dash that functions like a KoF roll or something. I'm thinking armor dudes will be his counter matchup. Bane and Doomsday mainly.
I'd be interested to see how raven and ares do against him. I think they might be the random 6.5-3.5s that might put him in a weird situation, but i guess time will tell.
The thing about punishing scorpion's teleport is that you have to reverse input once he gets to the other side (unless it autocorrects... idk if parries do that in this game). i'll be more interested to see how much he'll be able to shut down jumping with the risk of an AA super.

Well in the movie he did, he had to use some broken shit just to beat Zod.
yeah he had to use... the stage...
maybe superman wins 6-4 in fortress of solitude, but zod needs to win 9-1 in metropolis. Make it happen NRS, lol.
Unless you're referencing the current movie, in which case i havent seen it (probably not gong to).

SZSR

Noob
yeah he had to use... the stage...
maybe superman wins 6-4 in fortress of solitude, but zod needs to win 9-1 in metropolis. Make it happen NRS, lol.
Unless you're referencing the current movie, in which case i havent seen it (probably not gong to).
Nah, i'm talking about the classic one, is the new one out yet?

Nah, i'm talking about the classic one, is the new one out yet?
yeah came out today. IDK what happens, but brady tweeted that an hour in it's terrible. then when hector told him he shouldnt do that he remembered that the same people who made that movie pay him for testing, so he's been d riding it like crazy, lol.

PaintWeed

I'm THAT guy.
is zod's appearance based off of how he looks in man of steel? Is he even in man of steel? i might be making that up...but im just curious as to what inspired his character design.

is zod's appearance based off of how he looks in man of steel? Is he even in man of steel? i might be making that up...but im just curious as to what inspired his character design.

Hes a blend of Terrence Stamp, a horrible accident with a razor, and a traditonal Mad Scientist.

I'm in there though :3

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
This character has close, mid, and far low hitting lasers iirc; forceball-like projectiles (reg, slow, and fast speed); MB forceballs that cover the screen; aerial (forceball-looking) projectiles; regular projectiles; ; a parry; a dash that appears a bit like Black Adam's; and a sick super.

Me want Zod now. My pussy mode playstyle will be amplified.