What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

that doesn't sound like a good move...
It's probably situational. if you're playing someone who's full steam ahead at all times it might be smart, other times maybe something else or nothing. This may end up being the weakest part of his game, but he might not need it. Think of it like lao's spin in mk9. it's his only decent wakeup and it's extremely punishable if you bait it, but he's still considered a good character.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
You know, I have every intention of playing this dude, but the more I watch the footage we have of him, the more I think his movelist would've made a lot more on someone like Zatanna.

am i the only one that's reminded of kingdom hearts 1 Ansem by Zod's trait?
You know, I have every intention of playing this dude, but the more I watch the footage we have of him, the more I think his movelist would've made a lot more on someone like Zatanna.
nah, zatanna doesnt have eye lazers or guns. her powers are all based on speech (magic words n stuff (saying words backward, lol))

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I wasn't really talking about the guns. I was talking more about the endless fireballs and demon summoning. I assume she summons shit occasionally or something. Or she would after NRS got a hold of her.

If you get hit with a forceball, you pop up in the air so Zod can dash into combo or he can land that flying attack throw.

Slow fireball>dash looking legit.

3f parry means you can reverse lots of strings in the middle of them.

He's also got a really fast gunshot that's not a forceball that's deathstroke-like.

I also thought during the trailer that it looked weird that he ducked one of supermans lasers early but later he tried to duck it later and blocked it?

I need to look at how long it takes to activate the phantom zone.
Edit* 5 frames to activate. 45 recovery frames. That may be tough to activate.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
So zod release is a week from this tuesday , maybe ppl with season pass will get him week earlier like with scorp ? :D

if he can move during trait and still use it hes going to be broken as shit... seriously im going to crossover people while biting them and setup unblockables... seems like every zoning tool is a combo starter also.... if they are quick enough in terms of recovery or release hes going to be devious with his trait...

dribirut just because he has a slow ball and fastball doesn't make him reptile you weiner

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
if he can move during trait and still use it hes going to be broken as shit... seriously im going to crossover people while biting them and setup unblockables... seems like every zoning tool is a combo starter also.... if they are quick enough in terms of recovery or release hes going to be devious with his trait...

dribirut just because he has a slow ball and fastball doesn't make him reptile you weiner
you spelled wiener wrong. go kill yourself

MashBot

You're over matched.
Hey guys I was planning on do a day one zod run/room. I'm gonna start a Xbl party and be doing online practice and matches all that day. If I can get enough ppl we can do an hr practice/matches and switch with someone else in the party. Sharing tech combos setups and other stuff. Let me know if anyone want in

Zod appears to be able to move only if he's doing the slashes(and can do them midair too.
Everytime he does the overhead Zod is forced to strike a maniacal pose, no doubt to AVOID the whole unblockable thing. Things that will be interesting to discover is if he can cancel strings into said overhead, because if so he gets a fun mixup with 11d2(I think thats the cold breath string) which ends on a 19f low(vs 13f overhead trait). Only downside is ofcourse that it starts with a high and Zod looks like someone you always want to block low at start(12/15 low starter vs 31 Overhead starter unless trait)

Ofcourse having trait out is probably the no1 way to get people to block high :) But without we are reverse Black Adam :3

Zod appears to be able to move only if he's doing the slashes(and can do them midair too.
Everytime he does the overhead Zod is forced to strike a maniacal pose, no doubt to AVOID the whole unblockable thing. Things that will be interesting to discover is if he can cancel strings into said overhead, because if so he gets a fun mixup with 11d2(I think thats the cold breath string) which ends on a 19f low(vs 13f overhead trait). Only downside is ofcourse that it starts with a high and Zod looks like someone you always want to block low at start(12/15 low starter vs 31 Overhead starter unless trait)

Ofcourse having trait out is probably the no1 way to get people to block high :) But without we are reverse Black Adam :3
if he has trait out and he crosses over that could be an unblockable setup

if he has trait out and he crosses over that could be an unblockable setup
You only need to worry about Zods cross up though, his jump seems floaty and untill zod makes contact you can block trait with down. Its not for very long so I'm not sure there would be time for a very well positioned jump while having trait out.

MashBot

You're over matched.
You only need to worry about Zods cross up though, his jump seems floaty and untill zod makes contact you can block trait with down. Its not for very long so I'm not sure thered be time foravery well positio ed jump while having trait out.
Not sure i been in and out the forums but I thought zod trait grab was an overhead?

Some early Zod play:

The skill level is very low, but it gives a good peek at what to expect. Gotta be honest, my hype level has dropped a bit. While his tools look good, and it seems like he has a decent 50/50 leading to combo up close, his normals (for the most part) look pretty awful. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.