What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Speaking of patch day, any XBox players got it yet, and is so? How much do Wraith slashes scale now? And is the 5 frames on AZC noticeable?
Trait slashes scale quite a bit. A combo I used to do 50-56% with pre patch with 2 slashes, now does 45~
I would say the frames on air charge are very noticeable yes, but it's still a good tool to react with in the air

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Slashes scale more in combos, so try to avoid using them. We still get 40% for one bar out of trait mixups, Wraith Grab doesn't scale any differently. IAZC is a bit higher and slower, not as godlike to punish blocked projectiles with. We are more or less the same character, but got stronger due to the high tiers who got nerfed. Very good chance we are all playing a top 5 character.

When I say higher, I mean the lowest point you can IAZC.

Right, thats my point. That is not a function of ZC startup frames. That is a function of the jump frames.

It means they either adjusted Zod's jump frames specifically when he can act off of a jump, added a minimum height for ZC or you might be having an input issue.

Edit: Or they broke their own convention and have an exception where ZC maintains character momentum during the start-up frames. However, this seems like the least likely answer as typically that behavior is handled by the engine.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Right, thats my point. That is not a function of ZC startup frames. That is a function of the jump frames.

It means they either adjusted Zod's jump frames specifically when he can act off of a jump, added a minimum height for ZC or you might be having an input issue.

Edit: Or they broke their own convention and have an exception where ZC maintains character momentum during the start-up frames. However, this seems like the least likely answer as typically that behavior is handled by the engine.
I bet his jump frames were fixed to fix the carpet glitch

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Did a quick combo after the download. MB Laser d4 b3 j3 123 bf3 does 38%. Adding two swipes from Wraith makes it 37%. Similarly, doing MB Laser d4 db2 full charge b3 j3 123 bf3 does 2% more than it's counterpart with the wraith slaps.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Did a quick combo after the download. MB Laser d4 b3 j3 123 bf3 does 38%. Adding two swipes from Wraith makes it 37%. Similarly, doing MB Laser d4 db2 full charge b3 j3 123 bf3 does 2% more than it's counterpart with the wraith slaps.

So I was right? No more swipes while lazering? LOL If you think about it though, it's a buff. You no longer have to time your swipes well because you don't do them at all.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Am I the only one who has had their trait glitch out already?

Just end the first round with the ongoing damage from the command grab. The wraith (or whatever his pet name is for you) just stays around in the foreground of your opponent until another round ends. The recharge timer doesn't move and the trait is useless. So good luck if the opponent ended your grey bar first.

I've tested it three or four times offline, haven't had a chance to try online yet. Could anyone let me know if this happens to others as well? I hope I'm not the only one, then again I guess I hope I am.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Am I the only one who has had their trait glitch out already?

Just end the first round with the ongoing damage from the command grab. The wraith (or whatever his pet name is for you) just stays around in the foreground of your opponent until another round ends. The recharge timer doesn't move and the trait is useless. So good luck if the opponent ended your grey bar first.

I've tested it three or four times offline, haven't had a chance to try online yet. Could anyone let me know if this happens to others as well? I hope I'm not the only one, then again I guess I hope I am.
Video?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Ok, so I'm doing testing on Zod at the moment, thought I'd add in some of the frame data changes and a few other things:

Wraith Grab is -20 frames. Zod can punish with Sidearm(19 frames), but Superman can't with Super breath(20).

Zod charge in the air may be 5 frames slower,but Zod Charge on the ground is 6 frames faster. Not bad. Secret buff or was always like that? Also, air Zod charge down to -23 apparently.

d2 comes out in 9 frames down from 11 frames, but has 2 more recovery frames to compensate. Block advantage remains the same

11 d+2 is at -4 where it should be.

112, however, has the frame data wrong. As far as I can tell, it is still +5 or more(I was able to grab Lex out of a reversal Corp charge after he blocked the string)

Kryptonian Rifle(Ground) seems to be -20 instead of -33. It's -30. Was able to be punished by Super Breath and Phase Assault(MMH ground teleport. 28 frames). Was able to block Linking Rings from Zatanna(Startup frames of 30).

Ground Blast fully charged is about +1 or 2 on block. Ground Blast half charged is the same datawise as regular ground blast.

Summoning Wraith is about 35 frames or so before the wraith comes out, maybe a little more. From a -1 frame advantage, I could summon the Wraith sometimes vs reversal Heat Zap(Straight laser, 38 frames), but not vs Walking Corpse(35 frames). I am still getting hit by Ares God Smack (45 frames) without being able to move, and I haven't found anything else that isn't a ridiculous setup option like Gravity mines that I can get out of.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Zod charge in the air may be 5 frames slower,but Zod Charge on the ground is 6 frames faster. Not bad. Secret buff or was always like that? Also, air Zod charge down to -23 apparently.
Pre patch I knew it was faster than the frame data suggested, so it looks like a frame data fix rather than a buff. Good to know , all the same.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The iaZC nerf was worse than I thought. I can no longer YOLO iaZC from the beginning of rounds :(

And I actually DID get a post-patch Trait glitch but it's not the thing where he infinitely grabs you. But instead the shards weren't recovering after he was off the screen for a full round.

Noob
So i think you guys will appreciate the funny sequence of events that just took place in this online match i was having against a batman player...Note the batman player in question wasnt amazing but he wanst half bad either, from his skill set and combos id take he knew his way around the game atleast...

so to the fun part, the guy everytime he landed a jump in with j2 he did 2,2,3 string, now anyone that is just a little bit familiar with this match up knows that you can interrupt that string before the 3 comes out right? all good so far...

since im a good guy and i like to teach ppl the error of their ways instead of just blockin the sttring i started parrying the 3, now i know most ppl dont get to see Zods parry all that often online since its not one of his most used tools but i mean i lost count of how many times in a single match i parried that string, but the guy still wouldnt learn, and im like ok you wanna be stuborn lets go...

After basicly 4 matchs of me winning praticly just out of parrying that string he turns on his mic, and now it gets even funnier.. more than 10 curse words later that i shall not repeat in here, the dude decides its time to zone me out, and then i just start laughting so hard cause really? you want to zone Zod out?! cmonnn!!! and unfortunally after another set of amazing and not so elaborate badly english spoken curse words he left..guys tell me, im i a bad guy for doing this to the poor fella? i was just trying to teach him teh string wasnt safe... oh boy good times good times....

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
So i think you guys will appreciate the funny sequence of events that just took place in this online match i was having against a batman player...Note the batman player in question wasnt amazing but he wanst half bad either, from his skill set and combos id take he knew his way around the game atleast...

so to the fun part, the guy everytime he landed a jump in with j2 he did 2,2,3 string, now anyone that is just a little bit familiar with this match up knows that you can interrupt that string before the 3 comes out right? all good so far...

since im a good guy and i like to teach ppl the error of their ways instead of just blockin the sttring i started parrying the 3, now i know most ppl dont get to see Zods parry all that often online since its not one of his most used tools but i mean i lost count of how many times in a single match i parried that string, but the guy still wouldnt learn, and im like ok you wanna be stuborn lets go...

After basicly 4 matchs of me winning praticly just out of parrying that string he turns on his mic, and now it gets even funnier.. more than 10 curse words later that i shall not repeat in here, the dude decides its time to zone me out, and then i just start laughting so hard cause really? you want to zone Zod out?! cmonnn!!! and unfortunally after another set of amazing and not so elaborate badly english spoken curse words he left..guys tell me, im i a bad guy for doing this to the poor fella? i was just trying to teach him teh string wasnt safe... oh boy good times good times....
Survival of the fittest.
Zod would teach the fool a lesson.
When in doubt, WWGZD = What Would General Zod Do?