What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
To anyone watching the patch stream

They just did notes on Zod a bit ago and I missed it. How bad was the damage normalization?
I watched the archive, and the only post trait grab combo I saw was:
Trait grab (6 hits), fully charged ground blast, b3, j2, 112 xx Zod Charge for 35%

Can anyone check what this did before real quick?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Trait grab (5 hits), fully charged ground blast, b3, j2, 112 xx Zod Charge for 35%

How much does that combo do now?

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Trait grab (5 hits), fully charged ground blast, b3, j2, 112 xx Zod Charge for 35%

It does 34% lol.

Did we just get a damage buff?

SimSim

It does 34% lol.

Did we just get a damage buff?
errr whaaat? Proper damage scaling = It was too hard ? I doubt it.. Now I have to re check
I saw wrong on the stream! sorry, it was 6 hits from the trait grab, so just no scaling haha:p

SimSim

My guess is the damage scaling will be for trait slashes mid combo.
That was already a guess of mine, but I thought it would apply to grab too.. Well I am happy (Even though all the flame carpet stuff is out:p)

I double checked and I missed 1 hit from the grab. It was trait grab with 6 hits then the combo, so I guess just no damage scaling on his trait grab, only slashes.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
That was already a guess of mine, but I thought it would apply to grab too.. Well I am happy (Even though all the flame carpet stuff is out:p)

I double checked and I missed 1 hit from the grab. It was trait grab with 6 hits then the combo, so I guess just no damage scaling on his trait grab, only slashes.

Mid-combo, right? What about Slashes during Lazer MB?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Yeah, I think everyone is in agreement that so long as combos starting from trait grab can hover around and above the 40% mark, we'd be fine

No

You dont play this character

You dont play the game

You cant edit OPs

Its a dumb name

the zod community voted and we changed it
you whining to blake doesnt count as "the zod community" (since when are people that use a character in a game subdivided into communities?) voting, it counts as you whining. My alternative of just leaving off the stupid quote altogether should be fine. Sorry if it doesnt meet your standards, but it's not your decision to make. i just find it pathetic that even after multiple other mods and admins respected my wish to leave it as a joke, but still a place for legitimate discussion, you run to blake knowing he'll do it for you. Sorry, but i'm not going to lay down and suck your dick because apparently you're "the zod community."

Also you're not blake, dont respond as if you're him. i was addressing him, not you. you are in no way a decision maker on this issue.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
you whining to blake doesnt count as "the zod community" (since when are people that use a character in a game subdivided into communities?) voting, it counts as you whining. My alternative of just leaving off the stupid quote altogether should be fine. Sorry if it doesnt meet your standards, but it's not your decision to make. i just find it pathetic that even after multiple other mods and admins respected my wish to leave it as a joke, but still a place for legitimate discussion, you run to blake knowing he'll do it for you. Sorry, but i'm not going to lay down and suck your dick because apparently you're "the zod community."

Also you're not blake, dont respond as if you're him. i was addressing him, not you. you are in no way a decision maker on this issue.
There are people here only who make names for themselves being OP of threads people will use

You being the OP does not serve us any purpose making the OP useless to edit

There are people here only who make names for themselves being OP of threads people will use

You being the OP does not serve us any purpose making the OP useless to edit
Yup and we all know that's me. i'm the OP guy. I dont compete or anything. Shit, i dont even play any video games. I played minesweeper once, i suppose.

You do know that even the person who makes a thread cannot edit it right? Or do i have some special TYM power that noone else has?

either way your last post makes you look like an idiot because you clearly dont understand context and/or generally dont know what the fuck you're talking about.

Pig Of The Hut

Yup and we all know that's me. i'm the OP guy. I dont compete or anything. Shit, i dont even play any video games. I played minesweeper once, i suppose.

You do know that even the person who makes a thread cannot edit it right? Or do i have some special TYM power that noone else has?

either way your last post makes you look like an idiot because you clearly dont understand context and/or generally dont know what the fuck you're talking about.
you can edit your posts dummy

also you made yourself look like an idiot at VXG........and by not knowing you can edit post

jesus...........

you can edit your posts dummy

also you made yourself look like an idiot at VXG........and by not knowing you can edit post

jesus...........
1) Interesting that you bring in completely extraneous information to try to elicit a response to something irrelevant. That's called a red herring, look it up. Only thing i'll say about VXG was that it was a fun time and i look forward to going again in the future.
2) only mods can edit titles. make a thread and test it out if you dont believe me. The title is what we're talking about right? or is something in my first post a problem for you?

Pig Of The Hut

1) Interesting that you bring in completely extraneous information to try to elicit a response to something irrelevant. That's called a red herring, look it up. Only thing i'll say about VXG was that it was a fun time and i look forward to going again in the future.
2) only mods can edit titles. make a thread and test it out if you dont believe me.
THE OP = BODY OF POST

Pig Of The Hut

what's wrong with "We got Zod. Discuss"? you some sort of OP elitist? the fuck?
That was my original post. nothing has been changed about that. there's no need to change anything about that.
nevermind

you just arent getting it

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
Jeez guys, it's patch day and we're fighting over the OP for the GD thread? C'mon! If anything, the combo and matchup threads need to be deleted and replaced with a thread by an actual Zod player.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Speaking of patch day, any XBox players got it yet, and is so? How much do Wraith slashes scale now? And is the 5 frames on AZC noticeable?