What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Ok I got 2 more Trait recovery combos.

Midscreen 2 bars: Enkidu Grab, JI2 x 22 x SlowBall MB , Dash , B3 , JI2 , 1 x Close Lazer MB , Dash , 123 x Zod Charge MB. - Enkidu is fully ready by the time the opponent gets up.

Corner Carry: Enkidu Grab, Lazer Full Charge, B3, JI2 x Slowball, JI2 x NormBall, JI2 x FastBall, F213 x Zod Charge MB. - Last Shard recharges after Zod's 1 liner ("THERE'S NOWHERE TO HIDE" or "SWALLOW YOUR SHAME")

Will upload videos later but I g2g now.

EDIT: Here are the videos.

As I suspected, both of these combos give false advertisement since they show that the trait icon has recovered, but the trait isn't actually ready to be used, and even when it is ready to be used, there is still recovery after trait is on the screen. Still I encourage further exploration of this, and here is a video of the combo I posted in the combo section:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
As I suspected, both of these combos give false advertisement since they show that the trait icon has recovered, but the trait isn't actually ready to be used, and even when it is ready to be used, there is still recovery after trait is on the screen. Still I encourage further exploration of this, and here is a video of the combo I posted in the combo section:

NICE! Would it be possible after the 3rd Zodball instead of 12 x Phantom Strike MB you do 1 x Lazer MB , Dash , 123 x Zod Charge/Phantom Strike MB?

SimSim

NICE! Would it be possible after the 3rd Zodball instead of 12 x Phantom Strike MB you do 1 x Lazer MB , Dash , 123 x Zod Charge/Phantom Strike MB?

No I tested this, and after a mb laser at the end (I did it raw without a dash in to 1 xx mb laser) the opponent barely explodes off the ground because of the juggle scaling:/

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
No I tested this, and after a mb laser at the end (I did it raw without a dash in to 1 xx mb laser) the opponent barely explodes off the ground because of the juggle scaling:/

Aww shame, so even my 3 Zodball + Lazer MB theory is scratched. But this interactable thing gives me soo much ideas. I have to go to school now but later I'll be labbing again.

SimSim

A lot of people disconnect against me when I play Zod (I have stopped doing infinites and stuff, so they are just disconnecting because they are getting zoned or think trait is annoying). Anyway, I usually just leave when I get paired up with someone that disconnected against me a second time, but just now I took another approach.

I chose Atlantis as stage, the proceeded to do the eternity knock down on him, went to the toilet, then came back and put him in an infinite for the win. Was satisfying!

NHDR

Noob
How in the hell do you do the instant-air krypton rifle on a 360 d-pad? This is infuriating. Is it THAT essential to Zod that I should just drop him if I can't do it?

How in the hell do you do the instant-air krypton rifle on a 360 d-pad? This is infuriating. Is it THAT essential to Zod that I should just drop him if I can't do it?

Some of it is understanding the IGAU buffer system. You can essentially do the input as up, db+button. So it really is essentially 2 distinct inputs. This works because of that nonsense input bug for the DB+button inputs that treats them as d,b+button.

NHDR

Noob
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can do the motion easily in Street Fighter, for example. What makes the two motions different? Many thanks.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can do the motion easily in Street Fighter, for example. What makes the two motions different? Many thanks.

The capcom buffer system allows you to end in up-back, up or up-forward and still have the move come out. The injustice system outright requires you to jump before executing the command.

IA in Capcom games = d,df,f,uf+button (so instead of a quarter circle forward, you go past that into the up position)
IA in NRS games = u, d, df+ button (up and then quarter circle forward)

This makes the capcom input easier because you can simply "roll" past the forward input and into the up input. Where in IGAU you have to start with the up, and then execute the move as quickly as possible.

SimSim

A new tactic I have been using to some effect (It's hard to know if it will be more or less potent offline since I haven't experienced it outside of a laggy environment) is this:

After hitting someone with a full screen mb laser (and if trait is not out or has run out before you can grab), I do a grounded slow rifle shot as fast as possible, and dash after it. After only 1 dash you are in range to cross up with an instant air zod charge, and they will need to block the fireball the opposite way. You can land a full combo if they get hit, and I think you are safe if they block it.

By doing this you are giving up some damage in dash, zod charge as a combo, and you are putting yourself close to the opponent, so you need to be sure that's where you want to be.

I tried to find other ways to set up a cross up zod charge with a grounded fireball backing me up like this, but to no luck. With the set up I described they recover from their knock down way before you do the air charge, but it's pretty safe since they will get hit if they try to jump out.

Edit: I posted this in the MU thread by mistake!

SimSim

Sorry for the double post, but here is a video showing the cross up zod charge I explained above on demand from Pig:

It is a little weird since they bounce different if they get hit crouching, and also, holding down will eliminate the cross up(since you block both ways and there is no overhead in the mix up), but will also leave you at a distance that makes you mostly safe with the fireball backing you up.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Sorry for the double post, but here is video showing the cross up zod charge I explained above on demand from Pig:

It is a little weird since they bounce different if they get hit crouching, and also, holding right down will eliminate the cross up, but will also leave you at a distance that makes you mostly safe with the fireball backing you up.

@Marcus

I kind of hoped you could attack before the other ball hits but this is awesome too.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Sorry for the double post, but here is a video showing the cross up zod charge I explained above on demand from Pig:

It is a little weird since they bounce different if they get hit crouching, and also, holding down will eliminate the cross up(since you block both ways and there is no overhead in the mix up), but will also leave you at a distance that makes you mostly safe with the fireball backing you up.

@Marcus

yo this is some good stuff! they most likely to get hit by the ball if they wake up right?

SimSim

yo this is some good stuff! they most likely to get hit by the ball if they wake up right?
I haven't tested it against insane wake ups like killer frost slide and hawk girl dive, but the distance the grounded fireball is at the time they wake up, should make 90% wake up moves get hit due to their invincibility running out.

SimSim

Optimized damage off of starters I often see my Zod brothers do (You can do more, but it's not consistent enough):

f21 xx close mb laser: j3 (Make it hit late), f2, 123 xx ender (Adds 2% to PS ender and 1% to charge ender from the j3 straight in to f213 xx ender)*

b12 xx close mb laser: dash, b23, f2, 123 xx ender*

d12 xx close mb laser: dash, b23, f2, 123 xx ender*

213 xx delayed mb laser: dash, f2, 123 xx ender

*On these 3 strings you can do j2 (make sure it hits as late as possible) xx fast air rifle, 123 xx ender in stead if you like that better

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Optimized damage off of starters I often see my Zod brothers do (You can do more, but it's not consistent enough):

f21 xx close mb laser: j3 (Make it hit late), f2, 123 xx ender (Adds 2% to PS ender and 1% to charge ender from the j3 straight in to f213 xx ender)*

*On these 3 strings you can do j2 (make sure it hits as late as possible) xx fast air rifle, 123 xx ender in stead if you like that better

Never knew u could f2 then 123

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Very very cool stuff

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

@Marcus
You can do 1,1,2 as well in place of 1,2,3 for slightly more damage in certain combos.