What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I'll say this too. Zod's strings can be fuzzy guarded. Normals and lasers canceled into trait grab cannot be fuzzy guarded. You need to read it and that's going to be very very hard with all the other stuff he is throwing at you. I've learned a lot in the lab with zod but being on the receiving side against jailhouse has opened my eyes to the actuall practicality of all the tech. Good shit.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I'll say this too. Zod's strings can be fuzzy guarded. Normals and lasers canceled into trait grab cannot be fuzzy guarded. You need to read it and that's going to be very very hard with all the other stuff he is throwing at you. I've learned a lot in the lab with zod but being on the receiving side against jailhouse has opened my eyes to the actuall practicality of all the tech. Good shit.
Is he using d1 xx trait, dash, neutral jump cross up as well? I am looking forward to seeing pig, chef and absolutely jailhouse using zod better and better!

Is he using d1 xx trait, dash, neutral jump cross up as well? I am looking forward to seeing pig, chef and absolutely jailhouse using zod better and better!
I dont think I've tried neutral jump off of that I usually dash in and start 2413 pressure
Will do tho lol

Thx for the props <3

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
Stupid auto correct! Anyway, I meant when he summons it what options do I have? The annoying fucker grabs me every time and free combo.

Stupid auto correct! Anyway, I meant when he summons it what options do I have? The annoying fucker grabs me every time and free combo.
You really want to focus on keeping him from getting the trait out, and or punishing him for trying to get it out if possible. Some characters excel at this (Batgirl for example). Assuming you are unable to prevent the trait then...

Block High unless you see Zod start to laser your feet (this is a hard to block 50/50)
Predict when Zod will use the grab and use an interactable (or other move with invulnerability) right then to glitch out Zod's lil dude (until the fix comes)

Generally just turtle up and let the time run down.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
You don't have options. That's the entire point of the trait, he almost completely shuts down the opponent's options. If you're having trouble blocking, it's an overhead.

Yes. He's just saying to go for the neutral crossup 2 4, f2 df after the hardknockdown off of d1 into trait summon. It's barely blockable
Ambiguous crossup, low, high 0_0

SimSim

Yes. He's just saying to go for the neutral crossup 2 4, f2 df after the hardknockdown off of d1 into trait summon. It's barely blockable
Ambiguous crossup, low, high 0_0
Yea this is gold! I would describe it as: ambiguous cross up high (j2), low, high though, as the jump makes it even harder to block, and you need the jump to cross up. You can ofc also do j2, slash, f2, slash, f2 xx trait grab in stead to delay the overhead:p

PS: It isn't exactly like the d3, dash Pig, since this will always cross up, while d3, dash, jump is kind of weird, and will only cross up when it feels like it;)

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Question: How long can you extend/swag a combo starting from a Wraith Grab. The reason I ask is that I'd like to see if we can somehow start a combo with a Wraith and end the same combo with a wraith. I highly doubt it, but hey, Zod's combo extenders last forever.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Question: How long can you extend/swag a combo starting from a Wraith Grab. The reason I ask is that I'd like to see if we can somehow start a combo with a Wraith and end the same combo with a wraith. I highly doubt it, but hey, Zod's combo extenders last forever.

I believe(not 100% sure) that: Enkidu Grab, Full Charged lazer, B3, JI3, 123 x Phantom Strike MB gets you Enkidu charged up at like 1 second left or less. I'll actually test that now.

Changed my Trait name from The Dark Passenger to Enkidu.

Ok so nvm that. Here's one that leaves you at 2 shards of glass left 'till ready: Enkidu Grab, Full Charged lazer, B3, JI2 x Zod NormBall, JI2 x Zod FastBall, dash , 123 x Zod Charge MB - 46% for 1 bar.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
If it's likely anywhere, it's likely on Fortress of Solitude laboratory. You can summon wraith mid combo from both the spaceship and the phantom zone bounce.

Also, you can hit full charge ground blast twice in one combo without it dropping like using two of the same air Zodballs. Full charge ground blast, wraith grab full charge ground blast, MB ground blast etc. Not really useful for matches, but still good to know.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

I believe(not 100% sure) that: Enkidu Grab, Full Charged lazer, B3, JI3, 123 x Phantom Strike MB gets you Enkidu charged up at like 1 second left or less. I'll actually test that now.

Changed my Trait name from The Dark Passenger to Enkidu.

Ok so nvm that. Here's one that leaves you at 2 shards of glass left 'till ready: Enkidu Grab, Full Charged lazer, B3, JI2 x Zod NormBall, JI2 x Zod FastBall, dash , 123 x Zod Charge MB - 46% for 1 bar.

Nope. needs to be full, not almost.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Nope. needs to be full, not almost.

I only messed around with it for like 10 min. I'm sure someone will come up with something. I already have ideas for the corner.

Corner carry: Enkidu Grab , Full charged lazer, B3, JI2 x NormBall, JI2 x FastBall , NJ2 x SlowBall, F213/123 x Zod Charge MB/Phantom Strike MB/Enkidu Summon

Something like that. I'll mess around more tomorrow.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I only messed around with it for like 10 min. I'm sure someone will come up with something. I already have ideas for the corner.

Corner carry: Enkidu Grab , Full charged lazer, B3, JI2 x NormBall, JI2 x FastBall , NJ2 x SlowBall, F213/123 x Zod Charge MB/Phantom Strike MB/Enkidu Summon

Something like that. I'll mess around more tomorrow.
Try something MB ZOD balls into a dash b3

SimSim

Try something MB ZOD balls into a dash b3
The closest I got was:
Trait grab: j2, 22 xx mb rifle (slow), mb rifle (normal), dash, dash, close mb laser, dash 123 xx mb ps. Trait would be good to go like 05 sec after the opponent gets up from the ground.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
My Zod will be 100% ready for TFC :) I shouldn't have been so loyal to cyborg at SJ... A fools mistake.
Just working on MUs 1 at a time.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
The funniest thing about Zod right now is all the zods play TOTALLY different. Hell we use totally different strings.

I use a lot of b23 and D12, pig uses a lot of 22 and 213, simsim uses a lot of d1 enders (i assume) it's crazy.

I'm actually going to work on using more 22, more d1 enders, and more 1+2 followups to 22 and 112 to advance on people.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

The funniest thing about Zod right now is all the zods play TOTALLY different. Hell we use totally different strings.

I use a lot of b23 and D12, pig uses a lot of 22 and 213, simsim uses a lot of d1 enders (i assume) it's crazy.

I'm actually going to work on using more 22, more d1 enders, and more 1+2 followups to 22 and 112 to advance on people.
That just goes to show that all his strings have uses. Or that he doesn't have a braindead string he relies on. Right now, I'm focusing on his 112 string. I think it might be the lowest risk option he has up close.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Funny. I'm different as well. I mainly roll with F213 or F21U2 confirm into NormBall or Zod Charge. I use a lot of Enkidu Swipe 123 or Enkidu Swipe 1 x Lazer mix-ups.

Also I'm bored in class so I'll note some of the ideas I'm going to test later for the Trait-to-Trait combos JIC any of you are labbing right now.

Enkidu Grab, Full Charged Lazer, B3, JI2 x NormBall, JI2 x FastBall, Lazer MB, Dash, 123 x Zod Charge MB

Enkidu Grab, JI2~22 x SlowBall MB, Dash, Full Charged Lazer, B3, JI3~12 x Close Lazer MB, Dash, 123 x Zod Charge MB

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I mostly use D12, F12, 112. Trying to incorporate B23 and 22 more.

Shows that Zod doesn't have a single playstyle that nets success. Am I the only one that would be happy if all we got was our trait fixed? (and maybe faster start up standing 1)

Colonel-Gilgamesh

I mostly use D12, F12, 112. Trying to incorporate B23 and 22 more.

Shows that Zod doesn't have a single playstyle that nets success. Am I the only one that would be happy if all we got was our trait fixed? (and maybe faster start up standing 1)
Nope. Need moar broken stuff.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

This 100%

SimSim

Seriously, endind combos with d1 xx trait, and then jumping forward with j2, slash, f2 xx trait grab is like a guaranteed reset in to a 50% combo if they decide to try and block lol! I seem to have problems when they wake up attack or jump themselves though, but I am sure I could learn to react to this and do something different.

PS: I have also started to use b23 more, since I can do b23 (confirm that it hits), b23, 12 xx mb laser, dash, ender.