What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Another fireball trap set up with Zod! This one is a lot tighter and takes advantage of the recovery the air rifle shot gives Zod. It isn't a mid, but with this set up, the opponent needs to be standing to block the set up anyway. You sacrifice a good amount of guaranteed damage for the opportunity of a reset though, so it might not be that useful in the end, which makes me sad, because it's damn cool:p

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus

Hope I am not going overboard with content guys:p

Yeah. We are all reading, and watching and thinking to ourselves. Man that SimSim is such a prick, how fucking dare he provide us with videos of tech and ideas on how to better utilize the character...

Thanks.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
My only issue with this tech is that crossups don't work on the really smart unless they are overheads.

That being said, still incredibly useful.

At this point, there is no real reason to finish a combo from any of Zod's moves. Too many of them just link back into setups

SimSim

My only issue with this tech is that crossups don't work on the really smart unless they are overheads.

That being said, still incredibly useful.

At this point, there is no real reason to finish a combo from any of Zod's moves. Too many of them just link back into setups
But jump in 2 is an overhead though. I am not sure if that's what you mean or not. The set up I just posted make you hit the opponent almost at the same time as your fireball. This makes the opponent have to block the mix up standing. Also, I am sure you can make tiny adjustments to your timing to not cross up, and also make the fireball hit while you haven't crossed the opponent up in the air yet. To me this seems like a set up that will be very hard to block, and also very hard to backdash or reversal attack out of.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

But jump in 2 is an overhead though. I am not sure if that's what you mean or not. The set up I just posted make you hit the opponent almost at the same time as your fireball. This makes the opponent have to block the mix up standing. Also, I am sure you can make tiny adjustments to your timing to not cross up, and also make the fireball hit while you haven't crossed the opponent up in the air yet. To me this seems like a set up that will be very hard to block, and also very hard to backdash or reversal attack out of.
Naw, I was talking about the IAZC left/right mixup

Colonel-Gilgamesh

By the way, anyone else thing SimSim should make a master video for all the stuff he finds? Like, with good video quality and annotations and all of the glitches and setups back to back? I'm sure someone would be willing to help with the video quality/recording if asked

SimSim

By the way, anyone else thing SimSim should make a master video for all the stuff he finds? Like, with good video quality and annotations and all of the glitches and setups back to back? I'm sure someone would be willing to help with the video quality/recording if asked

I'd be happy to help with the recording and even with the editing if necessary.
I have been thinking about making such a video for some time, and it would probably be in the working hadn't it been for a delay on the capture card I ordered a couple of weeks back. It should have been in my possession already if it was on time, but I have been informed I can expect it somewhere between Sept. 8-11.

As of time being I only have my phone camera to make footage with, and I don't really feel like editing that footage either since it's already so bad:p

If you really feel like going in on all my footage to make something off of it godlessmode, here is the playlist of all my uploaded zod stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi1AfGFUqFgpNgXkADcVJ9zuEQuvPPNAy

But I would have fun with the project myself when I get the capture card. I already have some ideas for it:p

But I would have fun with the project myself when I get the capture card. I already have some ideas for it:p

IMO It's better to do it with higher quality captured video. The offer stands if you decide, if not I absolutely look forward to seeing what you put together.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

I'd be happy to help with the recording and even with the editing if necessary.
I have been thinking about making such a video for some time, and it would probably be in the working hadn't it been for a delay on the capture card I ordered a couple of weeks back. It should have been in my possession already if it was on time, but I have been informed I can expect it somewhere between Sept. 8-11.

As of time being I only have my phone camera to make footage with, and I don't really feel like editing that footage either since it's already so bad:p

If you really feel like going in on all my footage to make something off of it godlessmode, here is the playlist of all my uploaded zod stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi1AfGFUqFgpNgXkADcVJ9zuEQuvPPNAy

Well, if SimSim has that covered, do you want to help me with something godless mode? I need footage for a Zod guide I'm making.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Another fireball trap set up with Zod! This one is a lot tighter and takes advantage of the recovery the air rifle shot gives Zod. It isn't a mid, but with this set up, the opponent needs to be standing to block the set up anyway. You sacrifice a good amount of guaranteed damage for the opportunity of a reset though, so it might not be that useful in the end, which makes me sad, because it's damn cool:p

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus

Marcus

Ok, after a few replays...

its MB laser, 4,4, dash, 4, dash xx trait grab, jump back slow iazb, dash, dash, ji2

good stuff SimSim , Im quite not sure If ill sacrifice the damage for the reset though. but definitely some good stuff.

Zod is so fun to play. Im getting better with him every day. Im getting much more consistent with strings to command grabs and a lot of his set ups with the trait. I forget to do A LOT of stuff in game because he has so many options. I still need a lot of work on hitting strings to trait grab and setups but in game but I am getting better. Such fun character.

Marcus

I forget to do A LOT of stuff in game because he has so many options.
I believe we all share the same problems lol.

I agree, Zod is a very fun character to use which rewards you real good if you put a little more brain in your gameplay.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus

keep going

I love em all

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus

Awesome video :)

I love stuff like this, So let me ask do you have much luck with cross over 2? I noticed you did that one instead of ji3 at the end

SimSim

Awesome video :)

I love stuff like this, So let me ask do you have much luck with cross over 2? I noticed you did that one instead of ji3 at the end
Do you mean with this specific set up or in general? Beacuse I must admit I can't really see why j2 is such a bad air normal that I get the impression most of you guys think. J2 actually extends your jump arc by quite a bit, and I some times use it early in a jump to avoid fireballs etc. as I am sure it grants you at least 10 extra air frames:p

I have a lot of luck with j2 because it crosses up at deceptive ranges. In this video j3 will cross up as well, but as I have mentioned other times, set ups like d1 xx trait or d1 xx counter enders, leaves you at a distance where j2 crosses up but j3 stays on the same side!

Murrcat

Bad online player
Finally decided to make an account on this site, I recently decided I want to main Zod. Thanks to all of you guys for the great tech. But I have one kind of noob question: do you guys have any tips on getting used to the F21U2 Zod ball string? I can usually get it right in practice but in actual matches I struggle sometimes. Maybe I'm rushing it? Any tips on how to get this string to come out consistently? Half the time the U2 part just won't come out.