What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
-Instant air rifle
-A bnb string that requires a forward and up motion (f21u2) - Get's a little weird if you aren't on point with your buffering, but not a big issue
A corner bnb with strings that end in a direction. (f21u2b / f21u2f). I was really weirded out with the input when I first used Zod.

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
Quick question - the goal of an IAZB is to do it at the first point you can after leaving the ground, correct? I'm seeing a lot of Zods online completing their jump arc and ending it with a AZB.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Quick question - the goal of an IAZB is to do it at the first point you can after leaving the ground, correct? I'm seeing a lot of Zods online completing their jump arc and ending it with a AZB.
That's because they can't IAZB(online or not depends on who it is), but understand the value of it.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
-Instant air rifle
-A bnb string that requires a forward and up motion (f21u2) - Get's a little weird if you aren't on point with your buffering, but not a big issue
-Slash - normal xx trait grab tech (Requires very specific timing that you might find awkward at first. I still can't do it off of d1 for example). Also laser charge dash cancel trait grabs.
-Combos and pressure with his trait slashes (4), that basically needs you to fit the 4's in between your normal attack, so it's like controlling 2 characters at once, but the other character only has 1 button.
-He has to use range spesific lasers (db2+back/neutral/forward/up) and speed specific fireballs (df1+back/neutral/forward)
-He also have a lot of combos that requires dashes to be buffered at the end of juggles to make them come out fast enough

I am sure there is more, and I am sure not all of it is that big of a problem, but when you put it all together, I would say it makes Zod a character that requires decent execution.
I have been working on Zod quite a bit recently. I feel more like Lieutenant Zod rather than General Zod though most of the time.

Which of these tougher skills do you feel are most important?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
was playing Zod online today for the first time in weeks and it was the most fun ive had in a while :)
might be my new main

NHDR

Noob
Is the Instant Air Krypton Rifle motion: D, DB, B, UB? I've done this motion in SF a million times but it won't come out in this!!

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Is the Instant Air Krypton Rifle motion: D, DB, B, UB? I've done this motion in SF a million times but it won't come out in this!!
Buffer system is different. You'd probably do better doing up, down, down-back, back. I can't do it, but the point stands

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Oh god... I am going to post a few pictures in a while that will blow your mind:p White shark zod is all I am going to say for now!

Colonel-Gilgamesh

I have a question for you all: If Zod got himself an airdash, what would you say this would do for his gameplay?

Hey guys.

New to the forums here, but been playing MK games since the arcades in the 90s. I play casually, not tourneys usually, but I still like to win. I've mained Catwoman for the most part, but took to Zod after his moves were pure awesomeness.

I totally agree with you guys that I could simply pick another character and get wins, but I really WANT to use Zod, but his timing seems so much more difficult. Since I'm not new to this game or MK games, I feel I should be able to use Zod and hold my own, but my win/loss ratio is not near as good as other characters.

I've read the last 5 or so pages of this thread, some good tips and vids, but I was curious on one term. When you all say "xx" what does that mean? I get all of the other button meanings, but xx was throwing me off. Thanks in advance.

PS - I'm an illustrator, and since Zod was so awesome in MOS and in Injustice, I actually stole the "Kneel Before Zod" motto and used it as my own. Here's the Twitter BG I created for myself, you Zod fans should get a kick out if it.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I've read the last 5 or so pages of this thread, some good tips and vids, but I was curious on one term. When you all say "xx" what does that mean? I get all of the other button meanings, but xx was throwing me off. Thanks in advance.
It means you shoudl cancel out a move to a new one.

For example d12 xx mb laser.. means you should input the laser as soon as you're done with inputting D12.

I can be wrong though, but thats how I read it. And that Kneel before Neil was funny lol

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
N
SimSim what the heck, is that permanent? Is there any way for the opponent to get back up?
Nope, but from about half through the grab, the opponent is free to do whatever he pleases so it's not guaranteed off of a throw. You can do throw in to mix up though.

Oh btw I haven't actually tested if the opponent can get up, but I assume not since I got myself locked like that too. I managed to get both opponents frozen so u have to pick chars over again to get anything to work.

It means you shoudl cancel out a move to a new one.

For example d12 xx mb laser.. means you should input the laser as soon as you're done with inputting D12.

I can be wrong though, but thats how I read it. And that Kneel before Neil was funny lol

Ahh, a cancel, makes sense. Thanks, wasn't catching on with that one.