What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Spent time in the lab doing something different for once:
Recording the CPU doing my block strings and set ups and trying to find holes in it. Now we already know that D12 xx Close Ground Blast can be jumped out of on block, leaving us with our pants down. Once people catch on to this, we're gonna have to settle with D12 xx Phantom Strike on block.

A better alternative may be 22 xx MB Close Ground Blast. It's safe on block against anything without armor, can't be reversal'd out of, can't be D1'd, can't be jumped out of, and unless they pushblock early, they take the chip or they get hit. Need to use this more.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Spent time in the lab doing something different for once:
Recording the CPU doing my block strings and set ups and trying to find holes in it. Now we already know that D12 xx Close Ground Blast can be jumped out of on block, leaving us with our pants down. Once people catch on to this, we're gonna have to settle with D12 xx Phantom Strike on block.

A better alternative may be 22 xx MB Close Ground Blast. It's safe on block against anything without armor, can't be reversal'd out of, can't be D1'd, can't be jumped out of, and unless they pushblock early, they take the chip or they get hit. Need to use this more.
try d1 mb laser
b2 mb laser

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I just got home from my sailing trip and I thought I would find some new tech for you guys..

What I came up with wasn't really that revolutionary, but I think you might find it interesting.

First I confirmed my suspiscioun that 22 xx laser charge dash trait grab cancel would combo. This probably isn't that useful but fun non the less:

After this I thought I would get to the bottom of the tech that @DarKNaTaS posted a thread about a while ago: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/general-zod-free-50-50-game-breaking-glitch.36032/

After some tinkering I found out how do do this consistently: Bascally you cancel the animation of the trait grab if you grab the opponent during the recovery frames of a jumping normal (on hit or whiff). You will need to press d4 or db4 while in the recovery frames after you land (For those familiar with trip guard, you will know what I mean). Darknatas might have tried to explain this at one point, but I didn't understand how it worked before checking this out myself, so sorry if I am repeating an explanation already available.

As far as I can see, this animation cancel let's you reset the opponent during the grab and also let's you move during MB laser, wich also leaves a "flame carpet" with an active hitbox on the floor for a long time (This is also stuff that Darknatas has explained to some degree and there has also been posted a video of it without an explanation at one point). If you do another MB laser after placing the flame carpet on the floor , it will cancel it out (Some times not), but it seems like you have the ability to place a new one by simply doing another MB laser after this again. Details on when this ability runs out is unsure for now:

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@STORMS
@CrimsonShadow
@GamerBlake90
@Relaxedstate
@NY_Jailhouse
@Johnny2d
@Konqrr
@DarKNaTaS

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
Hey guys, I do not know if you have realized this yet, but MB F3 is Really good in the corner.

1 hit of armor.
Slow but still and overhead.
good damage.
+12 on block, leads to really good frame traps and mix ups.
Use this after a good knockdown and I know you will enjoy it.

Also, B12 on hit leads to really good mix ups, cancel it into trait, mix up with trait grab and another B12, then B12 into ground laser and you can cancel that too, it may sound a little impractical since B12 is already a launcher, but this would be just to fuck the opponent`s mind. Also, I do not know if it can be done, but B12 or B1 into trait grab could help this mix up a lot.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I couldn't sleep, so I made a concept video on how to utilize Zod's flame carpet (Note: the flame carpet always seems to end up in the center of the stage, and on some stages it doesn't appear at all, just the shaking)

Here are the notations and explanation for what I am doing:

Activate trat, f21u2, up forward 1 (on the way down to let me grab the opponent in my recovery frames when I land. Note: You can do trait slash jump 2/3 too, but I find this more consistent), d4 (As I land), Fully charged laser (This is blockable since it is a reset, but I am just trying to show of the concept on how to use the flame carpet so w/e), f3, dash (to position myself), 12 xx MB laser, dash (The animation cancels itself mid way so you can dash/attack/jump), 22 (to push the opponent in to the flame carpet for a standing reset), j2 (I would assume this is as a very hard to blockable as you land with your overhead jump as the opponent is being attacked low with the flame carpet), f21u2 xx fast fireball, j2 xx normal fireball, dash, 12 xx MB laser. dash, 123 xx bf2.

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@STORMS
@CrimsonShadow
@GamerBlake90
@Relaxedstate
@NY_Jailhouse
@Johnny2d
@Konqrr
@DarKNaTaS

Pig Of The Hut

Hey guys, I do not know if you have realized this yet, but MB F3 is Really good in the corner.

1 hit of armor.
Slow but still and overhead.
good damage.
+12 on block, leads to really good frame traps and mix ups.
Use this after a good knockdown and I know you will enjoy it.

Also, B12 on hit leads to really good mix ups, cancel it into trait, mix up with trait grab and another B12, then B12 into ground laser and you can cancel that too, it may sound a little impractical since B12 is already a launcher, but this would be just to fuck the opponent`s mind. Also, I do not know if it can be done, but B12 or B1 into trait grab could help this mix up a lot.

Jesus

Dat moment when you realize this guy didnt watch one video or read a thread anywhere to be found

Pig Of The Hut

I couldn't sleep, so I made a concept video on how to utilize Zod's flame carpet (Note: the flame carpet always seems to end up in the center of the stage, and on some stages it doesn't appear at all, just the shaking)

Activate trat, f21u2, up forward 1 (on the way down to let me grab the opponent in my recovery frames when I land. Note: You can do trait slash jump 2/3 too, but I find this more consistent), d4 (As I land), Fully charged laser (This is blockable since it is a reset, but I am just trying to show of the concept on how to use the flame carpet so w/e), f3, dash (to position myself), 12 xx MB laser, dash (The animation cancels itself mid way so you can dash/attack/jump), 22 (to push the opponent in to the flame carpet for a standing reset), j2 (I would assume this is as a very hard to blockable as you land with your overhead jump as the opponent is being attacked low with the flame carpet), f21u2 xx fast fireball, j2 xx normal fireball, dash, 12 xx MB laser. dash, 123 xx bf2.

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@STORMS
@CrimsonShadow
@GamerBlake90
@Relaxedstate
@NY_Jailhouse
@Johnny2d
@Konqrr
@DarKNaTaS

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@STORMS
@CrimsonShadow
@GamerBlake90
@Relaxedstate
@NY_Jailhouse
@Johnny2d
@Konqrr
@DarKNaTaS
Goddamn that is badass!

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
GUYS, LANDING A TRAIT SETUP IS THE MOST REWARDING THING EVER.

combo to trait setup - zod charge,4,f2,d4
combo to trait setup - zod charge,4,21 xx charged close ground blast, backdash cancel to trait grab

I will be using Zod in a tournament this Saturday here in the Philippines. Hope I do well with him.

Thanks to the guys who constantly share info here, specially to @AK Pig Of The Hut and @SimSim

the f2, d4 thing still needs to get utilized a lot more than it is imo. I gotta start jumping around a lot.

2 good setups for it:
after mb bf3: trait summon, zod charge whiff to get in, 4, neutral jump 1 4, f2 d4
after 123 trait summon: jump forward 1 4, f2d4

the problem is mostly getting the range right to use his horrendous jump in moves while the trait is up and getting to do the setup in time because of the short length of the trait. the jump in 1 is by far the longest reach and you have to use it in order for the above things to connect

SaJa

FH_FenriR
They didn't fix zod in the mmh's patch yet ?..

As long as they didn't fix him I don't even know how he can be tournament allowed.

Pig Of The Hut

GUYS, LANDING A TRAIT SETUP IS THE MOST REWARDING THING EVER.

combo to trait setup - zod charge,4,f2,d4
combo to trait setup - zod charge,4,21 xx charged close ground blast, backdash cancel to trait grab

I will be using Zod in a tournament this Saturday here in the Philippines. Hope I do well with him.

Thanks to the guys who constantly share info here, specially to @AK Pig Of The Hut and @SimSim
I kinda pop a bone everytime i hit the 22 or 21 cancel laser into grab :)

feel free to do same

Pig Of The Hut

the f2, d4 thing still needs to get utilized a lot more than it is imo. I gotta start jumping around a lot.

2 good setups for it:
after mb bf3: trait summon, zod charge whiff to get in, 4, neutral jump 1 4, f2 d4
after 123 trait summon: jump forward 1 4, f2d4

the problem is mostly getting the range right to use his horrendous jump in moves while the trait is up and getting to do the setup in time because of the short length of the trait. the jump in 1 is by far the longest reach and you have to use it in order for the above things to connect
uh weird

ive never thought of doing nj 1 after whiff

so that works well?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
to be clear it has its uses but i think it isnt his best
Yeah, but it lasts forever and is at a superb angle, as well as having a superb hitbox.. It recovers fast enough that, you can still use Zod Charge naturally in some instances, and because of it's low stun I can get jump in grabs very easily. Plus I really hate all his other jumping moves.