What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
But that's what Pig first thought though, then he said that it wasn't the case anymore. btw I like your username. It may be a different Gil but Gil is Gil no matter what.
Except my Gil is not your Gil. Mine is more red and gameish rather than animeish

Don't even get me started on demigod Gil or the fruits of project Gil's labor, Bane

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
So yeah, I haven't used Zod much because of his absolute tit of a design; is his parry viable?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Mine is the FF one. The other Gilgamesh's are his actual IRL origin story and apparently coming up with Venom was called Project Gilgamesh in DC.

Best thing ever: Parrying Superman's f23 at the start of a match and stealing his meter away.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Speaking of parry, do we have a list somewhere on popular strings that have gaps in them? It'd be nice to know to scout those for parrying.

Try that neutral jump setup and see what you think pig. If they decide to block on wakeup they're probably getting hit by it

And the f2d4 is easy just do it fast you can buffer it if you time it properly. Just have to know the point where the ghost leaves blockstun

NHDR

Noob
Got the game yesterday, using Zod. Is he difficult to use in terms of execution? I'm very new to Injustice as a whole and have limited experience with MK-type fighters.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Got the game yesterday, using Zod. Is he difficult to use in terms of execution? I'm very new to Injustice as a whole and have limited experience with MK-type fighters.

Im sorry but I dont really recommend Zod to beginners. But if you really want to learn him deep, you would have to work hard. Execution is not that easy as compared to other characters like Superman, GL, Aquaman etc.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I feel like Zod has so much weird, badass and somewhat glitchy tech at this point, that I am thinking about making a combo/set up video that uses all of this with the sole purpose of making Zod look godlike. Would anyone be interested in that even if I don't have access to screen capture quality footage?

Edit: Or I could make a video and pass it on to some of you who does have a capture card so you could remake it (If it isn't to hard to execute for you;P)

Edit2: I had enough and ordered an avermedia live gamer portable so I can get the high quality footage myself. Anyone have any good free video editing software to recommend?

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
What makes Zod's execution harder? Is it the instant-air krypton rifle?
-Instant air rifle
-A bnb string that requires a forward and up motion (f21u2) - Get's a little weird if you aren't on point with your buffering, but not a big issue
-Slash - normal xx trait grab tech (Requires very specific timing that you might find awkward at first. I still can't do it off of d1 for example). Also laser charge dash cancel trait grabs.
-Combos and pressure with his trait slashes (4), that basically needs you to fit the 4's in between your normal attack, so it's like controlling 2 characters at once, but the other character only has 1 button.
-He has to use range spesific lasers (db2+back/neutral/forward/up) and speed specific fireballs (df1+back/neutral/forward)
-He also have a lot of combos that requires dashes to be buffered at the end of juggles to make them come out fast enough

I am sure there is more, and I am sure not all of it is that big of a problem, but when you put it all together, I would say it makes Zod a character that requires decent execution.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I feel like Zod has so much weird, badass and somewhat glitchy tech at this point, that I am thinking about making a combo/set up video that uses all of this with the sole purpose of making Zod look godlike. Would anyone be interested in that even if I don't have access to screen capture quality footage?

Edit: Or I could make a video and pass it on to some of you who does have a capture card so you could remake it (If it isn't to hard to execute for you;P)

Edit2: I had enough and ordered an avermedia live gamer portable so I can get the high quality footage myself. Anyone have any good free video editing software to recommend?

Consider me subscribed to your page.