What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Big question here:
Are any of you guys having trouble with his back forrward moves ex pistol, charge, phantom

I cant how many goddamn times ive lost a game or got combod for 50% for one of these three moves not coming out in the heat of the battle..

it drives me nuts

Yea like what Colonel-Gilgamesh said. Or either I input it so fast that I dont really get to press back. Just train to input all your directions articulately in matches and youlll be good. Ive been better with my inputs now.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The bf(x) input on injustice is weird, and I know about it from my main ^^ but if you play a lot, this probleme will be solved.

You can practice this input just picking up flash, and doing his trait combo : 4, bf2, bf2, bf2, bf2, bf2.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
wot u guys think of using his trait as a restand
somethin like trait active : f213 4 d2 db4 ji2 22 gr. lazer cancelled , advantage off 22 is pretty neat

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
wot u guys think of using his trait as a restand
somethin like trait active : f213 4 d2 db4 ji2 22 gr. lazer cancelled , advantage off 22 is pretty neat
That sounds pretty legit to me. Do you get a free standing jab after the cancelled ground laser? That would make it very useful.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
That sounds pretty legit to me. Do you get a free standing jab after the cancelled ground laser? That would make it very useful.
ive just been using it to set up trait
22 trait f213 (the 1 whiffs) and b12 trait f213 i believe it can be backdashed but its an advancing string so not all dashes would work im not very good at testing stuff , all i did was check its advantage by doing both trait set ups then neutral jump, 22 looks promising :)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
ive just been using it to set up trait
22 trait f213 (the 1 whiffs) and b12 trait f213 i believe it can be backdashed but its an advancing string so not all dashes would work im not very good at testing stuff , all i did was check its advantage by doing both trait set ups then neutral jump, 22 looks promising :)
Oh ok I misread your post I get what you're saying now. Yeah that seems pretty legit, I'm going to have to give it a looking into.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I vote "Where did you learn to have general discussion? ON A FARM?"

Also I'm getting really emo about Zod vs Superman matchup. I feel like if our parry was 1F instead of 3F (to gain breathing room from Supes F23) and if F2/B2 started up in 10F we'd be set. Here's hoping for little footsies buffs in MMH compat pack.

Also, why the hell is our F3 so fucking slow? I feel like the animation and hitbox lend it to be a faster F3 like GL or KF.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
So after more time playing against superior zoning characters, I feel like having MB charge having armour would be desirable, which would mean the MB would need to activate early rather than be a hit confirm.
Also REALLY want faster recovery on Zodballs and want MB Ground Blast to track. And for one of his wakeups to be consistent with invincibility.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I am seriously getting sick of no invincibility wake ups. I have watched Superman F2 straight through Phantom Strike on every possible active frame on wake up. MMH compat pack better fix this. Tweeted Hector Sanchez about it, so hopefully it's at least on their radar now.

On the plus side, getting used to approaching with trait. I love how much everyone and their mother just waits patiently and blocks when trait is out. Zod Charge with Wraith Slash as back up is amazing.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I am seriously getting sick of no invincibility wake ups. I have watched Superman F2 straight through Phantom Strike on every possible active frame on wake up. MMH compat pack better fix this. Tweeted Hector Sanchez about it, so hopefully it's at least on their radar now.

On the plus side, getting used to approaching with trait. I love how much everyone and their mother just waits patiently and blocks when trait is out. Zod Charge with Wraith Slash as back up is amazing.
Not every wake up has full invincible frames but every character does have an invincible wake up.. Sods phantom strike unfortunately isnt the one. Zoe charge is the invincible one so it' is not a bug