Has NRS Gone SJW

• Yes

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 90 78.3%

• Total voters

Resistible

MK fan since '92
Just look at MK11 Skarlet if you want proof that the Sjw's changed NRS's way they design their characters...
What's wrong with Skarlet? Her outfit is form fitting, there's a skin where she has less covered up if you want that, the headwear is completely optional. You have to remember there's more skins and gear to unlock than what was shown, if you have a problem with her face, give her a ninja mask. If you don't like any of those options, don't buy the game, no one is forcing you.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
People bitch for years about women in fighting games looking too slutty.
Now they don't look slutty enough?

Get a fucking life.

Also, some of y'all can eat me with a spoon. hating on Skarlet's new doo like you've been. My fondness for the pixie haircut redhead borders on the insane. I have felt and lost the love of such a woman (although to be fair, she couldn't weaponize blood), and I would ride a steed made of wildfire into the hellmouth itself to wield such fire again. And that's not even mentioning the fact that now she actually has character and pizazz and looks like she just flew a WW2 fighter jet through a dimensional portal with "Flight Of The Valkyries" playing in the background. Are you mad? Did you eat a big bowl of backwards this morning? Sheeeeeeeit...

...anyway, I voted no.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
No, they aren't going SJW.

NRS has been faced with so much criticism, targetted because of violence and gore and they never toned that down I don't see why they would suddenly feel like covering up bewbs because of a few extremists who think it's sexist for a woman to look sexy. To me, it looks like they are just going for a more ninja look for the female ninjas and that's great, Jade looks freaking awesome. Sonya looks like a military leader and has her awesome classic costume that shows her muscle tone and stomach. Not to mention there will be customization options and more skins on the way. This is a non-issue.

4 weeks ago feminists were bashing 'fan boys' for not liking Sonya's face and now anti-sjws are blaming feminism, it's kind of funny to see this happen to be honest as I'm not on side A or B, I'm just anti-BS.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
These are the problems with these kinds of threads, if someone disagrees with someone some users(not all but some) just go straight for the petty insults. I think those are the ones who need to grow up honestly, this thread is open to various viewpoints no doubt regardless of which side of the fence one is on, it's obvious NRS went from one drastic change to another with the last few MK games regarding the female characters wardrobe.

These are the problems with these kinds of threads, if someone disagrees with someone some users(not all but some) just go straight for the petty insults. I think those are the ones who need to grow up honestly, this thread is open to various viewpoints no doubt regardless of which side of the fence one is on, it's obvious NRS went from one drastic change to another with the last few MK games regarding the female characters wardrobe.
I've lurked this thread since it popped up and i feel like most people have been polite and objective even though there's clearly different opinions and feelings regarding the topic.

Don't let one comment dictate the tone of the whole thread.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've lurked this thread since it popped up and i feel like most people have been polite and objective even though there's clearly different opinions and feelings regarding the topic.

Don't let one comment dictate the tone of the whole thread.
Of course, but just pointing out that there's always that one person know what I mean? Sadly, internet so it always happens. Otherwise I agree with you.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Ugh I know, I made a video about that stupid article. The problem is, people take sides without realizing that you can't be objective that way. You need to find balance and at least do research and think logically before making a statement like that.

Bottom line, he's annoying AF, just as annoying as all the people who won't freaking shut up about Captain Marvel and the Rotten Tomatoes score. They took down that system now, let me just take a moment to praise the Lord, we may finally have some peace and quiet.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Ugh I know, I made a video about that stupid article. The problem is, people take sides without realizing that you can't be objective that way. You need to find balance and at least do research and think logically before making a statement like that.

Bottom line, he's annoying AF, just as annoying as all the people who won't freaking shut up about Captain Marvel and the Rotten Tomatoes score. They took down that system now, let me just take a moment to praise the Lord, we may finally have some peace and quiet.
What's with Captain Marvel? Movie's not even out yet, right?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
What's with Captain Marvel? Movie's not even out yet, right?
Yeah, but petty people who say they don't care and won't go see the movie brought the 'will you watch this' score to like 27% and now Rotten Tomatoes took away that system entirely. I mean, they can say all they want about Brie Larson's feminist agenda, they're just as dumb imo.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yeah, but petty people who say they don't care and won't go see the movie brought the 'will you watch this' score to like 27% and now Rotten Tomatoes took away that system entirely. I mean, they can say all they want about Brie Larson's feminist agenda, they're just as dumb imo.
I'm so glad I just go and watch movies without looking at agendas of people.
Brie Larson is the actress, right? What's her agenda?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I'm so glad I just go and watch movies without looking at agendas of people.
Brie Larson is the actress, right? What's her agenda?
Yep same, I judge it AFTER I watched it. I know that marketing strategies can sometimes suck hard but the movie may still be good.

She's saying stuff like she doesn't want white men to review her movie and that people act like women in entertainment don't exist which makes no sense. Not sure what world she lives in, I guess she should play some DOA6 xD

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yep same, I judge it AFTER I watched it. I know that marketing strategies can sometimes suck hard but the movie may still be good.

She's saying stuff like she doesn't want white men to review her movie and that people act like women in entertainment don't exist which makes no sense. Not sure what world she lives in, I guess she should play some DOA6 xD
As long as she plays Carol Danvers correctly, I don't care.
I'll admit I despise the new character design but I knew that Marvel will go streamlined when I heard Disney bought it out so I'm not surprised they turned one of the sexiest superheroines into a watered down version.

I miss her classic look, it was beautiful.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
As long as she plays Carol Danvers correctly, I don't care.
I'll admit I despise the new character design but I knew that Marvel will go streamlined when I heard Disney bought it out so I'm not surprised they turned one of the sexiest superheroines into a watered down version.

I miss her classic look, it was beautiful.

I know, I loved that old look. Now she looks like this:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Feels like SJW has become such a meaningless phrase now. Most people I've seen complaining about SJW's or Femenism don't seem to know what real sociol justice or Femenism is even about. It's like the phrase "fake news". It used to actually mean something, but now it's been co-opted by opponents, and so it's lost meaning.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Feels like SJW has become such a meaningless phrase now. Most people I've seen complaining about SJW's or Femenism don't seem to know what real sociol justice or Femenism is even about. It's like the phrase "fake news". It used to actually mean something, but now it's been co-opted by opponents, and so it's lost meaning.
VERY THAT! I dont even get why people would waste their time trying to be all PC about video games in the first place when there's real life matters that require REAL Justice Warriors.