What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

Nice job JAP. You can squeeze in a 4th input if you use 2 controllers and use the pause method though.

Not sure how Kano ended up being FFB3 since it was tested multiple times by multiple people.

Reactions: JAP
Since I heard that Reptiles EX acid hand makes Forden pop up, I've been thinking of some TB wall combos with him.
321 ex acid hand (toasty boost somewhere from here)4 ex acid hand 4 ex acid hand 4 ex acid hand(until here) 321 ffb 321 xray lol
Haven't actually tried it out though. Thoughts?

Check
Can you input the Toasty Boost during X-Ray start-up? If so then Kung Lao has potential for 80+ combos.
21 spin D2 XRAY (FFB1) XRAY?

Seems plausible. Kung Lao's XRAY does stop the clock.

I've been posting about this lately, but say for instance there's 2 seconds left on the clock and Kenshi hits you with his XRAY. The clock will keep running to 0 instead of stopping when you are hit.

I believe all XRAYs that pop up are the ones that stop the clock.

InFlames

dead
21 spin D2 XRAY (FFB1) XRAY?

Seems plausible. Kung Lao's XRAY does stop the clock.

I've been posting about this lately, but say for instance there's 2 seconds left on the clock and Kenshi hits you with his XRAY. The clock will keep running to 0 instead of stopping when you are hit.

I believe all XRAYs that pop up are the ones that stop the clock.
I saw that Toasty Boost stayed on screen when you did X-Ray, could that also keep Dan on screen and possibly allow you to input it after the X-Ray?

Inputting before X-Ray starts. While he's still spinning.
Doubt it. His XRAY stops the clock, but there may be a few frame buffer window before it officially stops.

I think after the XRAY is the way to go for XRAYs that stop the clock.. just to test and see since we still see the words TOASTY BOOST after Subs XRAY. I'm guessing his stops the clock as well.

Still, i'd like to see if your idea works as well. Both are intriguing indeed :)

On a side note - My PS3 is freezing up at loading screens now. Possibly from all the TB combos. My PS3 is very old. I'm giving the CD a good cleaning and letting my PS3 cool down for a while. But yea, this may be the end of the road for me. Glad i was able to get my 4 favorite characters done (Scorpion, Sub Zero, Kenshi, Raiden).

Reactions: JAP
Just to update everyone, my PS3 is still freezing. I'm doing a full format restore on it, so hopefully it works out by the end.

Any tips please help me out.

If all else fails, i will try and get another PS3 by Christmas. Financial Aid check should be here any day now.

Thanks to everyone for all the support on Youtube and TYM for the Sub Zero combo. The freezing starting happening right after i landed it. Go figure.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just to update everyone, my PS3 is still freezing. I'm doing a full format restore on it, so hopefully it works out by the end.

If all else fails, i will try and get another PS3 by Christmas. Financial Aid check should be here any day now.

Thanks to everyone for all the support on Youtube and TYM for the Sub Zero combo. The freezing starting happening right after i landed it. Go figure.
This happened an hour into MKDC on the 360 when I bought that version. Suuuuuuuuuuuucked.

JAP

Combo maker

Firmware?

JAP I installed all of it and it still happened. Reformatting PS3 now. Will take 5 hours.

Konqrr So i guessed im screwed? I hope theres hope. I bought this PS3 a week before MKDC came out :( Been through a lot.

Might take it over to 9.95 and VSM at The Gamers Edge to see if i can get it repaired.

I think this happened to my brother a few weeks back. He deleted a few save files and it was fixed. Thats why im reformatting now.

Will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the help.