What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Hey sorry I haven't been able to help much. I work ALOT. But I have six days off paid vacation now so yeah. Prob a stupid question but with my wtf Kratos find and the recent equally wtf Kano find by JAP did anyone actually confirm/deconfirm DDDD+3 for Freddy/other DDD chars? I mean I tend to over press when I do shit ALOT which is why I have difficulty with alot of the advanced combos and sometimes (though rarely) even the fatalties, lol. Just curious and thought it may lay some things to rest sorry.

And is Kano CONFIRMED to be FFB3 now??

Check Dude... that... BLOWS. Best of luck getting that fixed soon without spending an arm and a leg bro. I sincerely hope it's an easy fix and not something really bad.

EDIT: I just did FFB3 for Kano myself so that is one more person to vouch for it being confirmed.

EDIT2: I just tried DDDD3 for Freddy and no.. no. Maybe BFD3???

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
^^ This, seriously wtf?

JAP nice find

This means that Jade MUST be something like DDU3.

DUD3
DUU3
DDD3

or hell... even fucking DDU3

Try it again folks.
I've tested these several times each since they're the closest to what it's supposed to be and no luck. I'll test them again, what the hell.

I still say the way to find Jade's is to use a keyboard and mash DU

EDIT - Let me rephrase that. If it was possible to mod a controller so that left was down and right was up, i truly feel Jades TB would get found using my mashing method.

Reactions: JAP

JAP

Combo maker
I still say the way to find Jade's is to use a keyboard and mash DU

EDIT - Let me rephrase that. If it was possible to mod a controller so that left was down and right was up, i truly feel Jades TB would get found using my mashing method.
replace L1 or L2 x 3

replace L1 or L2 x 3
There may be times where you hit one of the other 2 directions though. The mashing doesn't just cover 2 directions. When i say "mash DU", that includes another direction. It's very possible as well that even if you hit that 3rd direction on accident that if a TB is just DU or UD you will still get the Toasty Boost.

It's fail safe. That's my theory.

You could mash:

DUDUDU then squeeze a directional in there. Every once in a while. I have the method down. I don't know if anyone else here has tried it, but it works well.

EDIT - You could even add a 4th directional in every once in a while. I've noticed it happening in practice mode with the button log on. Sometimes Up gets pressed (rare, but it happens).

JAP Other methods can include tapping one directional twice in a row before/inbetween mashing. Really, unless a TB is the same direction for the first 2 inputs i believe that mashing the right way works.

TBs with Up = mash down/up
TBs with Back = mash back/forward

mashing will at least get you the face button and possible input once you get the hang of it.

With 2 people on the same controller, one person could do the tapping of one direction on the analog while the other person does BF or DU mashing.

Reactions: JAP

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
There may be times where you hit one of the other 2 directions though. The mashing doesn't just cover 2 directions. When i say "mash DU", that includes another direction. It's very possible as well that even if you hit that 3rd direction on accident that if a TB is just DU or UD you will still get the Toasty Boost.

It's fail safe. That's my theory.

You could mash:

DUDUDU then squeeze a directional in there. Every once in a while. I have the method down. I don't know if anyone else here has tried it, but it works well.

EDIT - You could even add a 4th directional in every once in a while. I've noticed it happening in practice mode with the button log on. Sometimes Up gets pressed (rare, but it happens).
I tried mashing du+3 and analog directions+3. I've had no success. Maybe you should try it too.

I tried mashing du+3 and analog directions+3. I've had no success. Maybe you should try it too.
Na, i'm an analog noob. I have a better chance on just the dpad. I have a rhythm for it.

It would REALLY help if Dan Forden popped out more often.

I've mashed with her before, but nothing as advanced as using both dpad and analog at the same time. That's why i feel like a keyboard could help. Maybe it's possible to map DF to one button, and just create all these different patterns to mash together. Aren't there things like programmable controllers that can do that?

EDIT - 10 minutes till my PS3 reformatting is done.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Just to update everyone, my PS3 is still freezing. I'm doing a full format restore on it, so hopefully it works out by the end.

Any tips please help me out.

If all else fails, i will try and get another PS3 by Christmas. Financial Aid check should be here any day now.

Thanks to everyone for all the support on Youtube and TYM for the Sub Zero combo. The freezing starting happening right after i landed it. Go figure.
dam man that sux. i hope the format fixes it for you..

Update on the PS3:

I went through Arcade Ladder with Sektor. No patches or anything installed.
The loading times have pauses in them now, but they are working. It feels like it wants to drop, but doesn't.

Not sure if any of the patches fixed loading times.

Even the startup time for the game took longer. All the stuff from the beginning.

And got a TB in the ladder! lol

We'll see what happens.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Good to hear you're somewhat back online, Check! I'm on my iPhone so I can do it myself but tag winter warz in regards to getting a keyboard to work with ps3

Just to confirm. It's 2.5 seconds, as JAP said.

This is 2.5 seconds in total from the first frame he starts to appear.

Good shit, JAP. It might even be slightly less than 2.5

So in reality, you have 1.5 - 2 seconds depending on soon you can input the Toasty.

EDIT - Actually, it's 2.5 seconds from the first frame the uppercut connects.

Really not 100% sure on everything. But just figured i'd bring the discussion to the table.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Anyone been able to make any new progress on remaining Toasty Boosts? I've tried whatever I can think of on the rare occasions when I could get Dan to come out and nada. I have absolutely no idea what to try, lol.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Anyone been able to make any new progress on remaining Toasty Boosts? I've tried whatever I can think of on the rare occasions when I could get Dan to come out and nada. I have absolutely no idea what to try, lol.

Here's where we stand. Freddy is not DDD3, but possibly something along those lines. I've been working on Rain a little here and there. If you want to help me eliminate rain's possibilities, or eliminate an input, like UUD4, that would be awesome.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Here's where we stand. Freddy is not DDD3, but possibly something along those lines. I've been working on Rain a little here and there. If you want to help me eliminate rain's possibilities, or eliminate an input, like UUD4, that would be awesome.
and what I mean by eliminate an input - we check UUD4 for every character left to make sure nobody has it.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Update on the PS3:

I went through Arcade Ladder with Sektor. No patches or anything installed.
The loading times have pauses in them now, but they are working. It feels like it wants to drop, but doesn't.

Not sure if any of the patches fixed loading times.

Even the startup time for the game took longer. All the stuff from the beginning.

And got a TB in the ladder! lol

We'll see what happens.
Did you install the game? Maybe pausing during disc access?

Did you install the game? Maybe pausing during disc access?
It froze again for me just before.,,, first time since reformatting.

I ran the game again just now and it was fine.

This time it froze in game as i was dashing to the corner. Recorded it.

Game and PS3 was on all day. Was fine. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the post, Rip.

Bloodfang - na, i haven't been. i tried already for all 4. seems kinda hopeless for now. gotta go through all inputs 1 by 1. will take a few weeks. it took me 5 days to go thru all of kenshis inputs, but even then was probably only half cuz half were done late etc

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Alright. I've got my homework for later today as it's like 5 am here so I may finally decide to try getting sleep, lol. I will start with testing and eliminating every green square on RipTorn's chart whenever the hell I get up and update with progress reports as long as Dan Forden decides to be more social tomorrow/later today than he was tonight/lastnight (days, nights, weeks... hard to tell when you have really bad insomnia, lol, it all blends together and feels the same).