What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

ryublaze

Noob
btw doesn't jump 3 give advantage on block? in training mode it's always giving me advantage...so after jump 3 i think you can go for low/overhead mix-up or f3 but usually i just go into 323 cuz sometimes jump 3 will hit and u get a combo.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
btw doesn't jump 3 give advantage on block? in training mode it's always giving me advantage...so after jump 3 i think you can go for low/overhead mix-up or f3 but usually i just go into 323 cuz sometimes jump 3 will hit and u get a combo.
What character are you testing it on?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Another question: F3 looks like it could cross-up on opponents. Are there any set-ups to make this happen? How does Deathstroke's oki pressure work?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Another question: F3 looks like it could cross-up on opponents. Are there any set-ups to make this happen? How does Deathstroke's oki pressure work?
Yea he has F3 cross up set ups , both mid and in the corner. Crathen made a thread for the mid screen sets ups. I only use F3 cross ups in the corner tho, but that's just me.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
My 50/50 is getting stuffed by Lex's charge after a blocked J3

edit: never mind I got it, I gotta do the j3 pretty low.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Alright, how bout tips for landing combos online? I'm hitting 35%+ in the lab, not so much online. Mainly can't get that 323F23 string to actually register, taking out my frustration on randoms with HG as a side effect of this

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Alright, how bout tips for landing combos online? I'm hitting 35%+ in the lab, not so much online. Mainly can't get that 323F23 string to actually register, taking out my frustration on randoms with HG as a side effect of this
It's just a matter of playing a lot online. To me DS feels very stiff online, you just gotta keep using him. Even till this day do I keep dropping his BNBs, online.

ryublaze

Noob
I always drop his BnBs online. For f23 flip I just hold forward while pressing f2 and keep holding it down and press 3 sword flip. I still drop it from time to time.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
@AVN PTH hit the nail on the head. Low Shots are a decent projectile, but a better baiting and mindgame tool.
People stopped talking about DS. This bugs me. Even I have been gone-ish, but that's because work and school have picked up heavily for me. I still lurk this place in search of new tech and discussions. @Crathen's videos never stop being informative.

Flash kills DS sadly. One truly bad matchup.
D2 into B3 is hard sometimes. F3 is more reliable IMO.
Flip has been a godlike anti-air since forever. Once it became a true wakeup, it became more godlike. I always use it.

ryublaze

Noob
@AVN PTH hit the nail on the head. Low Shots are a decent projectile, but a better baiting and mindgame tool.
People stopped talking about DS. This bugs me. Even I have been gone-ish, but that's because work and school have picked up heavily for me. I still lurk this place in search of new tech and discussions. @Crathen's videos never stop being informative.

Flash kills DS sadly. One truly bad matchup.
D2 into B3 is hard sometimes. F3 is more reliable IMO.
Flip has been a godlike anti-air since forever. Once it became a true wakeup, it became more godlike. I always use it.
There's a lot of stuff I'd like to discuss. After watching Slips play in the recent GGA tourney I've been trying to polish up my DS. I encourage all DS mains to watch those matches, there's a lot to learn.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Guys, I recently decided to co-main Deathstroke in addition to my Batman. I'd like to play someone in mirrors so that I may be sternly critiqued and have some bases for improvement.

Also, while The Flash is a very, very bad nmatch-up, I think DS can still win it.

PSN: NRF_Rude

ryublaze

Noob
Guys, I recently decided to co-main Deathstroke in addition to my Batman. I'd like to play someone in mirrors so that I may be sternly critiqued and have some bases for improvement.

Also, while The Flash is a very, very bad nmatch-up, I think DS can still win it.

i'm not that good but i'll play u

ryublaze

Noob

my friends list is getting full. just pm me when u want to play and i'll put up a 0TYM room

ryublaze

Noob

i am online now actually. join blackgate

@milkman360 People stopped talking about Deathstroke because all his easy dirt has been discovered.

I was thinking about CEO last year and my set with @pigofthehut and my DS plays exactly the same nowadays. Other than more developed footsies and better blocking... J3 and F3 footsies are ineffective against good backdashes and D2's. Whereas Sinestro players have developed mid screen and corner resets around their best footsie tools D2 and B1, 3.

When I look at Wonder Woman I am still developing stage specific OTG resets, midscreen Otg resets, and frame trap dirt and the game has been out for almost a year.

You can say the same thing about Flash, Cat Woman, not used by many high level players but a lot of mixup potential that is not explored.

To be honest with you the last unexplored area for the DS character is stage specific bomb resets and character specific safe jump setups. Those flash ones are nice btw. If you want to elevate the character I would focus on those areas.

Vagrant

Noob
His footsies are fine. Here's the basic idea of your footsie/spacing gameplan.

Just outside of jump range
Dash up f3 on hit you get a combo on block you get a mixup. B23f2 after a blocked f3 beats nearly every backdash
when they start trying to backdash or whiff punish that do dash up low guns/ mb low guns
when they start trying to block those go for dash up f3 again or dash up and throw or j3 into 50/50 or dash up d1
If they're trying to d2 a f3 just armor it
If you read that they're going to forward dash in you can f3 or d1 and blow up the dash
If you read they're going to try to jump low guns wait and d2

Up close
jump back 3 is one of his best tools to reset your spacing to catch whiffs
if you think they're going to hit a button mbb3 will give you a free 40 %. gets blown up by quickly multihitting moves.
crossover j3 is also good here and while in the air you can look to see if they're whiffing a move and the move will hit (confirm into combo) or if you think they'll block (take your mixup)

j3 and f3 footsies are some of the best in the game and lead to all his mixup shenanigans.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
okay so a few things people over the course of winter brawl asked me about why i do certain things a lot nd im going to state why

number 1 is the excessive use of F3 in the corner, to the point where literally every single time i get a knockdown i will go for a F3 crossup setup. the answer to that is simple, why the fuck not? i honestly think DS f3 is one of the cheapest moes in the game (at least top 10) and probably top 3 cheapest normals in the game. the cross up setup after a knocdown is 50/50 that a lot of characters can't wake up out of and are forced to guess. if they guess right, you are at +10 and can just go for another mixup and if you guess right, the full combo does mad damage.

number 2 is why i wake up with sword flip over sword spin at times. the answer to that is that it literally beats out anything other than block. sword spin only reliably works against people pushing buttons after they knock you down. neutral jumps and backdashes in particular are things that blow up sword spin pretty hard that sword flip does cover. not only that, it also covers people pushing buttons after they knock you down like sword spin does.i do it more so when i think that they aren't going to block after a knockdown.