What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It's not a bad idea. I use 12 xx mbb3 after air to air j1s, but tend to use more d2 after j3. Heavy combo on hit, safe on block and meter less, its better option for j3 followups IMO. Still I use mbb3 after 12 so I like the thouht of it!
Certainly it's VERY situational, you have to hit J3 deep so you can get 12 xx MBB3 early. And D2 is good for every situation. But I think this is a great option to get a good life lead when you're still on round 1. Thanks for the feedback!

Crathen

Death is my business
Also another thing I'm implementing in my game is the use of 12 xx MBB3 after a JI3 confirm.

Did you know, J3 , 12 xx MBB3 , J3 , 323 , 12 xx SF does 50% I think it's a good follow-up after a Flying Ninja knockdown.

For example: 132 , J2 , 123 (25%) Flying Ninja J3 , 12 xx MBB3 , J3 , 323 , 12 xx SF (50%) you just took out 75% for 2 bars and a set-up. On a blocked J3 , 12 confirm, you can still cancel into MBF3 for another 50/50 with B2 or B1.

Good use for 2 bars? I think so. What do you guys think? @Crathen @GGA Slips @KingHippo @RedRaptor10 @karaokelove
j3 12xxMBb3 whiffs way to much imo and is height dependent ( it also never connects on "slim characters" ) , i honestly never use it.

The only time i use the MB cancels is :

1 Last lifebar finishing punish to not make them clash w f2xxMB b3 f3 trait and quickfires , does 27% + the gun damage

2 Against 1 hit wakeup characters on the last lifebar , either b2xxMB b3 or b1xxMB b3 / f3

3 Hit confirming b22xxMB f3 if i really need the damage , this one is good as it is hitconfirmable so you won't waste meter on a guess and you get beefy damage ( 41% ) , on slim sized characters like GA , KF , CW , NW + others b22xxMB b3 connects ( unlike medium and big sized characters ) and you can get 46% or easy 44%

4 If i need the damage in a combo to bring them near the sword flip / lgs chip zone , most of the times i use these : 132 j2 f2xxMB b3 j3 323 12xxSF ( doesn't work on slim characters ) or b1u2 12xxMB b3 j3 323 12xxSF or 323 f2xxMB f3 323 12xxSF ( this is harder than most )

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao

Some tech i think it's worth mentioning , it adds up to the layers of yomi 1 ( the crossup f3 threat or the 50 50s ) and throws off people adapting to those mixups , some of the tech like the jump back 3 weird arc i still am undecided if it's worth using , so i wanted to share it so you guys can think about some other uses of it.

Thoughts?

@RedRaptor10
@KingHippo
@GGA Slips
@Vagrant
@G4S J360
@anyDSplayer

@RedRaptor10 i think the 323 after the FOS spaceship won't connect because they lowered the advantage on that , the metropolis machine gun always had to be hit low to the ground after 323 , you can press the interactable button only when you recover from the move
I can't get the mid screen f3 to cross up. I only did it once out of a lot of tries.

Crathen

Death is my business
I can't get the mid screen f3 to cross up. I only did it once out of a lot of tries.
Vs what character? Big bodies are harder to crossup.

Otherwise you're probably timing it wrong , after the f3 splat you want to dash forward and take another little step then f3

ryublaze

Noob
So...is there no way DS can corpse hop dash an opponent in the corner? Would be useful for interactables.
he can forward dash after a sword flip knockdown then use the interactable from the other side but IMO i don't think it's worth it because it has strict timing and it takes them out of the corner. could be useful for unclashable damage at the end of the match maybe.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
he can forward dash after a sword flip knockdown then use the interactable from the other side but IMO i don't think it's worth it because it has strict timing and it takes them out of the corner. could be useful for unclashable damage at the end of the match maybe.
Not on bomb interactables. Like for example, after a Corner Sword Flip you can XJ3 , car bomb interactable and double dash back into corner pressure. But they can back dash or wake-up through the XJ3 so I'm looking for a way to make it guaranteed.

ryublaze

Noob
Not on bomb interactables. Like for example, after a Corner Sword Flip you can XJ3 , car bomb interactable and double dash back into corner pressure. But they can back dash or wake-up through the XJ3 so I'm looking for a way to make it guaranteed.
oh i'm not sure if there's a way to do that. i've tried looking for one before but had no success. i usually just use the bomb interactables when it's me in the corner.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Hi everyone, so I have a pretty large project I want to work on soon and I was hoping to get some of your guys' input. My guide is to put together a guide for Deathstroke, with mainly written segments complimented by video segments. Now I know we have all sorts of assorted tech in video form on the forums, so what do you guys think would be absolutely critical for any person new to Deathstroke to know? My plan is to re-record all these segments in a crisp format and give credit to all original tech guys, so please let me know!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hi everyone, so I have a pretty large project I want to work on soon and I was hoping to get some of your guys' input. My guide is to put together a guide for Deathstroke, with mainly written segments complimented by video segments. Now I know we have all sorts of assorted tech in video form on the forums, so what do you guys think would be absolutely critical for any person new to Deathstroke to know? My plan is to re-record all these segments in a crisp format and give credit to all original tech guys, so please let me know!
I'd say block-strings and specific MU's, mostly. Knowing what to do after a blocked b1u2 or f23, etc.

ryublaze

Noob
f3
d2
mix-ups
low guns
crathen's videos

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
Found some watchtower specific tech.
The bomb setup is guaranteed on some characters but I haven't tested every character yet. I've tried this setup on every other interactable that allows you to bang there head but it only works on watchtower.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
F3, post-F3 game, D2 , punishes , corner pressure , spacing and counter-zoning. IMO these are the most crucial parts of his game and knowing these is the key to winning with DS

Crathen

Death is my business
@KingHippo i'd say the most important things to write about are frametraps , 50/50 b1/b2 , corner pressure , combo enders , crossup / fake crossup with f3 setups , counterzoning with guns , jumping normals and background bounce usage for damage or setups.

I'd help but i'm working on a lenghty matchup project in the little free time i have , if ya have any doubts ask right away.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Here's a question I have, guys.

My secondary is Deathstroke. If ever I give Batman up, I would be a full-time DS main. I love his guns, his d2, his space control, etc. I just think he's a very boss character. I'm particularly a huge fan of his oki/knockdown pressure. He's awesome.

Lately though, as I've been developing as a player and as my Deathstroke has been developing, I've been running into a problem. Against some characters with tiny hitboxes, like Batgirl or Killer Frost, my go-to punish combo doesn't work.

So if I block say, a Batgirl teleport, my combo punish is:

132, j2, 323, f23 xx Sword Flip.

If there is a background bounce, I do:

132, j2, 3 xx background bounce, j2, 323, 12 xx sword flip.

However, against some characters the j2 after 132 misses every time. Why is this? How do I prevent this from happening? Should I be using a different punisher?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Here's a question I have, guys.

My secondary is Deathstroke. If ever I give Batman up, I would be a full-time DS main. I love his guns, his d2, his space control, etc. I just think he's a very boss character. I'm particularly a huge fan of his oki/knockdown pressure. He's awesome.

Lately though, as I've been developing as a player and as my Deathstroke has been developing, I've been running into a problem. Against some characters with tiny hitboxes, like Batgirl or Killer Frost, my go-to punish combo doesn't work.

So if I block say, a Batgirl teleport, my combo punish is:

132, j2, 323, f23 xx Sword Flip.

If there is a background bounce, I do:

132, j2, 3 xx background bounce, j2, 323, 12 xx sword flip.

However, against some characters the j2 after 132 misses every time. Why is this? How do I prevent this from happening? Should I be using a different punisher?
With the right timing, the J2 after 132 hits universally. But for a BG tele punish, you can do a full B1U2 combo punish

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
With the right timing, the J2 after 132 hits universally. But for a BG tele punish, you can do a full B1U2 combo punish
Should I be delaying the j2 then for smaller hitboxes? I swear, sometimes it completely whiffs and I'm standing there thinking, "...The fuck?"

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Should I be delaying the j2 then for smaller hitboxes? I swear, sometimes it completely whiffs and I'm standing there thinking, "...The fuck?"
You input J2 as the feet of the opponent faces you while they're flipping in the air. That timing is universal, any other timing will randomly hit and miss on all characters.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You input J2 as the feet of the opponent faces you while they're flipping in the air. That timing is universal, any other timing will randomly hit and miss on all characters.
@Rude Yeah this is the best possible info to landing this combo every time. I used to have trouble with it a while ago but just stick to the visual cue that Enuma mentioned.

ryublaze

Noob
so i'm not sure if this has any use but if you were going for a j1 or j2 cross-up or non cross-up you can option select b1u2 cuz sometimes you press it the wrong way on a cross-up and you just get his 12 string. Instead you can press it like b13u2 so if you get the cross-up you'll get the 132 string. If you did b1u2 after a blocked j1 they can jump/backdash out so you would use it only if you've conditioned them with d1. I would also think this would have some use in some neutral jump ambiguous cross-up setups like in the corner or after those weird sword flip knockdowns.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I've been meaning to post after I labbed a bit more but when I was playing with @Syknis god knows how long ago, I was able to reverse AM's wake-up trident rush with F3 after a 123 HKD. I wasn't able to recreate this on any other characters actually not even AM himself. I'm wondering if this was a Lex Lab stage specific thing or what.

Anyways, just uselesss info.

ryublaze

Noob
So I've been ending my corner combos with 12 sword flip instead of f23 sword flip. After doing 12 sword flip if you walk back a little then do a F3 it won't cross up. What this does is prevent your opponent from dashing out. I'm not exactly sure, but if you did f23 sword flip then did a F3 I think your opponent can do some sort of option select where they can dash forward out of the non cross-up F3 and block the cross-up F3 at the same time (by double tapping forward and holding it down). Anyways ending with 12 sword flip then walking back prevents that option of dashing out and possibly MB B3ing out. You lose 1% by ending with 12 flip though.

Also I made a post a few weeks ago about doing an early F3 to make it not cross up, well that was actually false and misleading so I deleted it. The F3 looks like it doesn't cross up but it actually does.