What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Well this sucks.

after a blocked f3 if I go to do b23, WW can d2 under it and blow it up. So from now on if you go for this against her consider it unsafe.
ALWAYS condition with B1U2 first. Better reward anyways. In a match I normally wait 'til 2 blocked B1U2s after a blocked F3 before going for B2s.

Besides, even if that is the case, at least it makes the 50/50 more fair so I can have something to downplay about. DS bottom 5

I$AAC

Noob
So what are some of the strats fighting against Doomsday? I got a tourney next weekend I'll be facing at least 3 of them.

Crathen

Death is my business
So what are some of the strats fighting against Doomsday? I got a tourney next weekend I'll be facing at least 3 of them.
Here's some notes i had on the MU:

In the DD mu , you should use f23xxMB SS ( or b22xx MB SS ) when he starts dashing towards you w trait active , this buys 2,5 seconds of his trait and you are safe if the last hit of MB SS hits ( and considering he wants to get hit by the standard SS to punish it's going to hit most of the time ) , 132 is also safe on hit and on block for no meter , MB machine gun is also good when he's over halfscreen away as and he can't punish that.

His wakeup game is whatever in terms of damage but since he has that autocorrect with Venom / Up shoulder ( and upshoulder has plenty of invincibility frames ) it's tricky to use F3 crossups or just 50/50 him on wakeups , that's why i use MB f3 at least once every match i knock him down but don't do it point blank as the Upshoulder will go away from him , instead do it from the max b1 / b2 range and it will absorb the hit and knock him out mid air.

AA his body splash is also tricky as the body splash hitbox wins over d2 but only when he does it from far range , occasionaly try walking forward a bit when he's in that range , if you're under his belly / pants area when he jumps d2 will AA him , otherwise just block.

Another essential thing is when he's 3/4 screen and blocks / ducks a gunshot or a machinegun , most of them do dash in and wait for another gunshot to punish with venom or try getting another dash or jump in especially when you punish them for doing MB Venom with MB B3 ( as in 3/4 screen where only the 2nd hit of the Venom will hit so it doesn't stuff the MB b3 ) , when they start dashing in you dash forward too and 50/50 them or just f23 for frame advantage , it makes pressuring him much easier as when he's in d1 / AA throw range it's way harder getting in.

Basically you want to be aggressive in the MU , stuff as many wakeups as you can and bring him to the corner , try avoiding getting cornered at all costs and don't wakeup if he knocks you down with earthshaker in the corner , it's way better to just block.

@Vagrant Wowo d2 going under b2 isn't that much big deal , she's basically guessing on that while you're +10 , throw in a couple b1u2 or s3xxSS checks and they'll regret mashing d2 , also don't use b23 after f3 or f23 against her if you think she's gonna backdash and switch to b22xxSS , her backdash completely avoids b23 and the whiff recovery on that is atrocious and she can b113 punish it , if you sniff a backdash either guess on an immediate j3 ( wich is kinda riskier than the other option because she can easily d2 if shes waiting ) or delay your dash and 323 / b1u2.

Last edited:

Mattix

Bang bang** KH_Mattix
That's my teammate. You played well KingHippo. Handled a lot of his bad habits I worked on him with. Good match

Mattix

Bang bang** KH_Mattix
Was anyone able to see my match with Zyphox at FR? I was trying to find it but couldn't. It was close but made a few mistakes late that cost me. Beat me 2-1. Was trying to get some criticism/help in the matchup.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Is it worth it to end a combo in sword spin in the corner for a standing reset? It says SS is plus 1 on hit.

Like the combo: f3, j2, 323, SS MB, 323, d1xxSS

ryublaze

Noob
Is it worth it to end a combo in sword spin in the corner for a standing reset? It says SS is plus 1 on hit.

Like the combo: f3, j2, 323, SS MB, 323, d1xxSS
IMO no it's not worth it. i think that combo leaves u negative but there are some combos that give around +10 frames but it costs a bar of meter and another bar of meter if u plan on doing overhead/low mix-up after it so it's not worth it. Just take your meterless f3 mix-up.

Crathen

Death is my business
So do you guys ever use Deathstroke trait for unclashable damage? I've used it w some success on the second healthbar to close matches out or to get them into the "Sword Flip chip zone" , i mostly use it when i'm able to get a b3 into f3 in a combo as the knockdown advantage usually means they can't jump or wakeup out of quickfire ( unless they have an invincible teleport like Ares and Zatanna or traited Raven ).

Most of the time it's from an AA d2 ( d2 b3 f3 trait into MB quickfires ) , b2xxBGB , b1u2 3xxBGB , b2xxMB b3 , he can also get this from stuff like b1u2 f3 d2 f3 or b1u2 d2 b3 f3 or certain interactables.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So do you guys ever use Deathstroke trait for unclashable damage? I've used it w some success on the second healthbar to close matches out or to get them into the "Sword Flip chip zone" , i mostly use it when i'm able to get a b3 into f3 in a combo as the knockdown advantage usually means they can't jump or wakeup out of quickfire ( unless they have an invincible teleport like Ares and Zatanna or traited Raven ).

Most of the time it's from an AA d2 ( d2 b3 f3 trait into MB quickfires ) , b2xxBGB , b1u2 3xxBGB , b2xxMB b3 , he can also get this from stuff like b1u2 f3 d2 f3 or b1u2 d2 b3 f3 or certain interactables.
The only time I would ever use that god-awful trait was when I wanted to close the distance. Activating trait has the entertaining effect of making your opponent lose their shit and try to get in on you, which allows for easy mb.b3/f3, d2, or air-to-air punishes.

Crathen

Death is my business
The only time I would ever use that god-awful trait was when I wanted to close the distance. Activating trait has the entertaining effect of making your opponent lose their shit and try to get in on you, which allows for easy mb.b3/f3, d2, or air-to-air punishes.
Yeah i've noticed that too , most of the time people jump forward either thinking to be able to jump the quickfire and get a punish or to not get hit by every bullet to reduce damage and if you read that you can A2a them w j1 / j3 or d2 for some additional damage but sometimes there are too many variables as certain wakeups can blow you up or them just accepting to take the damage knowing that they can get in while DS is in debuff.

I never use it in the neutral game mostly because it's not worth it but off knockdowns it can work at times , still not that great but it has situational uses.

ryublaze

Noob

yea i use it sometimes depending on the match-up. some wake-ups can get out like you said.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Going to post this in the combo thread too but I feel that it'll get more attention here:

Did you know you can do 132 , J2 , 323 , 123 for 32%? I was practicing Flying Ninja on Raven when I accidentally did this without thinking lol.

EDIT: False alarm, this does NOT lead into Flying Ninja on characters other than Raven. Sorry guys

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Also another thing I'm implementing in my game is the use of 12 xx MBB3 after a JI3 confirm.

Did you know, J3 , 12 xx MBB3 , J3 , 323 , 12 xx SF does 50% I think it's a good follow-up after a Flying Ninja knockdown.

For example: 132 , J2 , 123 (25%) Flying Ninja J3 , 12 xx MBB3 , J3 , 323 , 12 xx SF (50%) you just took out 75% for 2 bars and a set-up. On a blocked J3 , 12 confirm, you can still cancel into MBF3 for another 50/50 with B2 or B1.

Good use for 2 bars? I think so. What do you guys think? @Crathen @GGA Slips @KingHippo @RedRaptor10 @karaokelove

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
It's not a bad idea. I use 12 xx mbb3 after air to air j1s, but tend to use more d2 after j3. Heavy combo on hit, safe on block and meter less, its better option for j3 followups IMO. Still I use mbb3 after 12 so I like the thouht of it!