What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

ryublaze

Noob
Here's something else to discuss, not sure if it is known or if any1 does it but in the corner after a hard knockdown you can dash up then sword flip and it'll reverse their inputs and can stuff wake-ups. I think it's good for ending the match with chip damage (I say match and not round because sometimes it leaves you in the corner if you hit them idk why). Might be character specific and some characters can punish on block if for some reason you didn't chip them out.

ryublaze

Noob
i think this is known, it's not much but in the corner say you do f3 cross-up and it gets blocked well DS doesn't really get a free mix-up because of the pushback but he does get a free sword spin. Again it's not much but it's something, and your opponent has to respect it no matter what cuz you can hit confirm into MB and gun shot. Otherwise it's free meter build and chip for you.

EDIT: I take that back. You can't hit confirm it into MB spin because the 2nd hit of spin whiffs if they try to jump out. They still take 4% off it though so it's usually better for them to block it.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The only time I ever feel comfortable with DS is when I'm in the corner. I feel like I have the opponent at the palm of my hand.

XUP F3 , B22 xx MB Sword Spin , D1 xx MB Sword Spin , MB F3 , B1U2 , Dash-up NJ1 , XJ3 , NJ3 , Throw.

Soooo many options.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Dude King Hippo. Finally I see my vision come to reality. The way King Hippo plays DS is exactly the way I've always thought how he was supposed to.

Offensive defense. Be patient, punish shit. Not YOLO J3 and F3 and being a rushdown FOOL.

I vote Hippo to represent the DS community

Matix218

Get over here!
He just got the jump on me man. Doomsday is someone I don't have a lot of experience with and he adjusted very well.
Hippo

I noticed you used f23 to pressure with very often (many times cancelled into spin)

Do you prefer this string for pressure compared to f3? It seems to me like f3 covers more options and ranges, still grants frame advantage and has option of being armored for a bar of meter, leads to more damage on hit.

What is the reasoning behind using f23 as much as you do? I believe it is + on block which is good but what other feedback/input can you give on this string? It clearly worked for you but I didn't see your pools matches so I didn't get to see you use it in other matches besides doomsday (maybe you only used it like that in doomsday)

Crathen

Death is my business
Hippo

I noticed you used f23 to pressure with very often (many times cancelled into spin)

Do you prefer this string for pressure compared to f3? It seems to me like f3 covers more options and ranges, still grants frame advantage and has option of being armored for a bar of meter, leads to more damage on hit.

What is the reasoning behind using f23 as much as you do? I believe it is + on block which is good but what other feedback/input can you give on this string? It clearly worked for you but I didn't see your pools matches so I didn't get to see you use it in other matches besides doomsday (maybe you only used it like that in doomsday)
I can answer that , it's a doomsday thing for when he traits up to waste time the MB spin is safe if he doesn't block it and you could block or backdash a followup d1 , 132 is also safe on hit vs his trait ( but buys less time and it starts high ).

Besides that it's a +9 7 frame startup string , you can see in his game vs slayer how he hit a fairly high in the air j3 and went for the f23 , Slayer was probably pressing buttons like a d1 to interrupt him and he got caught by the f23.

Matix218

Get over here!
I can answer that , it's a doomsday thing for when he traits up to waste time the MB spin is safe if he doesn't block it and you could block or backdash a followup d1 , 132 is also safe on hit vs his trait ( but buys less time and it starts high ).

Besides that it's a +9 7 frame startup string , you can see in his game vs slayer how he hit a fairly high in the air j3 and went for the f23 , Slayer was probably pressing buttons like a d1 to interrupt him and he got caught by the f23.
I may sound like an idiot here, but I have a question on the frame advantage on block from f23

I was messing with this string with my brother the other day and it didn't seem like I was at advantage? He was able to get d1s out before I could get a b1 or b2 and if it is plus 9 I should beat his d1 right? Am I pressing my b1/2 too late? Can you press it before the f23 animation is finished or something? Or am I just dumb lol

Crathen

Death is my business
I may sound like an idiot here, but I have a question on the frame advantage on block from f23

I was messing with this string with my brother the other day and it didn't seem like I was at advantage? He was able to get d1s out before I could get a b1 or b2 and if it is plus 9 I should beat his d1 right? Am I pressing my b1/2 too late? Can you press it before the f23 animation is finished or something? Or am I just dumb lol
Being +9 means your b1 ( 16 frames impact ) means that 6 frames moves ( 7 frame impact ) will trade with perfect timing on both sides ( try using flash doing reversal flying uppercut ) , the timing to get the b1 / b2 after the f23 is kinda tough too but try watching the animation when DS puts his foot to the ground that's when you start doing your string.

B2 will still beat any mashed normal (14 frame impact ).

Also a good amount of characters have problems anti airing a j3 after blocking f23 if they stand there blocking low.

Also keep in mind they can backdash and whiff punish a whiffed string after blocked f23 so be cautious w it.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Who's a good sub to DS? My current is Scorpion. But I mess around with Batgirl , Aquaman , Green Lantern , Superman , Zod

Should I start working more on the characters I mess with? Should I pick up a new character and take him/her seriously?

No I will not drop Scorpion he's cool and I like having guaranteed resets.

deathstroke is the best!!I am looking forward to watching the new arrow episodes with slade:)
guys,if you like deathstroke check out my new video tribute and support me.thanks!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So I've been messing around with the FNV and have started experimenting with d3 as a combo ender. I haven't seen any mention of it on here, but so far it's working great against MMH's push wakeup. I'm doing b1u2-f3-d3, which leaves them in a hard knockdowb directly next to DS for 21%. J1 and j3 will both cross up easily enough, though there's no way to make it ambiguous that I've been able to find. Anyway, i just started experimenting with it and figured I'd share my findings.

Edit: it also leaves you at the perfect range and advantage for a non-crossup f3.

Edit: it actually looks like you can choose to make the f3 cross up. There is enough advantage to take a slight step forward after the d3. It's almost not even noticeable.

Crathen

Death is my business
So I've been messing around with the FNV and have started experimenting with d3 as a combo ender. I haven't seen any mention of it on here, but so far it's working great against MMH's push wakeup. I'm doing b1u2-f3-d3, which leaves them in a hard knockdowb directly next to DS for 21%. J1 and j3 will both cross up easily enough, though there's no way to make it ambiguous that I've been able to find. Anyway, i just started experimenting with it and figured I'd share my findings.

Edit: it also leaves you at the perfect range and advantage for a non-crossup f3.

Edit: it actually looks like you can choose to make the f3 cross up. There is enough advantage to take a slight step forward after the d3. It's almost not even noticeable.

It's known , you can also crossup from BGB , non techrolled 323 and f23 and f3 HDK , i'll be posting some stuff soon.

Look around my channel maybe there's something you don't know , the Bnb videos have some of that stuff.

ryublaze

Noob
Can anyone help me with some interactable combos? I'm having trouble connecting 323 after I throw them into an interactable (like the spaceship on Fortress). I wasn't sure if this was patched out or not. Another interactable I'm having trouble with is the machine gun on Metropolis. After I do 323 interactable I can't get the guns to hit them at the highest point, usually it only works when they're close to the ground.

@Crathen

Crathen

Death is my business

Some tech i think it's worth mentioning , it adds up to the layers of yomi 1 ( the crossup f3 threat or the 50 50s ) and throws off people adapting to those mixups , some of the tech like the jump back 3 weird arc i still am undecided if it's worth using , so i wanted to share it so you guys can think about some other uses of it.

Thoughts?

@RedRaptor10
@KingHippo
@GGA Slips
@Vagrant
@G4S J360
@anyDSplayer

@RedRaptor10 i think the 323 after the FOS spaceship won't connect because they lowered the advantage on that , the metropolis machine gun always had to be hit low to the ground after 323 , you can press the interactable button only when you recover from the move

Last edited:

ryublaze

Noob

Some tech i think it's worth mentioning , it adds up to the layers of yomi 1 ( the crossup f3 threat or the 50 50s ) and throws off people adapting to those mixups , some of the tech like the jump back 3 weird arc i still am undecided if it's worth using , so i wanted to share it so you guys can think about some other uses of it.

Thoughts?

@RedRaptor10
@KingHippo
@GGA Slips
@Vagrant
@anyDSplayer
wow good stuff. I messed with d2 flip in the corner but i could never land it consistently and they can dash out so i never really bothered with it too much. I like the safe jump 3 setup, might try to incorporate that into my game.

ryublaze

Noob
@RedRaptor10 i think the 323 after the FOS spaceship won't connect because they lowered the advantage on that , the metropolis machine gun always had to be hit low to the ground after 323 , you can press the interactable button only when you recover from the move
ok thanks. When I saw your combo video you hit Superman with 323 then he was really high and u hit him with the interactable so u were able to follow up with like a b3 or dash underneath. The last time I tried it I couldn't use the interctable until they were low to the ground so i couldn't land a b3.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Thoughts?

@RedRaptor10
@KingHippo
@GGA Slips
@Vagrant
@G4S J360
@anyDSplayer

That ambiguous J3 is too fucking dirty!!! If I got hit by that I would fucking smash the monitor.