What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

ryublaze

Noob
can a mod unsticky that DS sword spin vortex thread? idk why it was stickied. It looks kewl and all but I don't want to mislead people into thinking that that's what u should be doing. The F3 cross-up stuff is better and doesn't require meter. @AK/RM GamerBlake

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
lol i was just trying it out idk if it worked or not...

what do u think the DS vs. Flash MU is?
this is DS's worst matchup IMO. its not because flash can punish guns so much, its more so he gets in really fast and he's just a much better character up close with higher damage output, more things that give him plus frames and he can stay on you easily. the only way you can have any sort of favorable situation in that matchup is if you can get flash in the corner and run DS corner horseshit

macro

Eezeepeezee
I'm sorry guy's but i can't stand to see one more bad DS and i know he's not that bad.
I think i just need to play a good DS plus it would help in the long run so i can learn
the bad matchup.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I'm sorry guy's but i can't stand to see one more bad DS and i know he's not that bad.
I think i just need to play a good DS plus it would help in the long run so i can learn
the bad matchup.
i should be getting my xbox back tomorrow i can help you out

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
the bad matchup.
My buddy got a REALLY good DS after he got tired of Spamstroke shit. He picked him up to show people how to actually play him well, he was scary before he dropped him for Flash\Harley. THEY DO EXIST!

I'm here because I'm officially joining the Deathstroke squad. I guess my main thing is I've been using 3 2 3 1 air shot for my go to combo ender for most strings. Yay or don't do that?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
...So, after a blocked F3 or j3, shouldn't you just go for the 50/50?
F3 yea you can go for a 50/50 if they don't back dash. J3 doesn't give you enough advantage for a 50/50 but a j2 on block gets you a free b1 or b2 . Lex's 6 frame special can't get out of it.

ryublaze

Noob
My buddy got a REALLY good DS after he got tired of Spamstroke shit. He picked him up to show people how to actually play him well, he was scary before he dropped him for Flash\Harley. THEY DO EXIST!

I'm here because I'm officially joining the Deathstroke squad. I guess my main thing is I've been using 3 2 3 1 air shot for my go to combo ender for most strings. Yay or don't do that?
323 f23 sword flip

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
F3 yea you can go for a 50/50 if they don't back dash. J3 doesn't give you enough advantage for a 50/50 but a j2 on block gets you a free b1 or b2 . Lex's 6 frame special can't get out of it.
Wait, it's j2 that grants the hella advantage?

Because I swear the game-frame data has j3 at +10 or something. Unless I'm looking at the wrong move, which is possible.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Wait, it's j2 that grants the hella advantage?

Because I swear the game-frame data has j3 at +10 or something. Unless I'm looking at the wrong move, which is possible.
Yup it's J2. Really good move that isn't abused enough when possible

Rude

Yup it's J2. Really good move that isn't abused enough when possible
Okay, so next DS Newbie question: I see a lot of talk about using jailing strings after f3, etc, etc.

Why not just go for DS' 50/50 every chance you get? Why do anything else?

For overhead, you could do b222, or b22 xx low guns, or b22 sword flip (overhead version) or b22 (on hit) MB rifle, or if you want to stay (i think, I could be wrong) safe, do b23f2.
For low...just use his low. or D1 into f23 into 50/50. I don't know. I could be over simplifying it.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Okay, so next DS Newbie question: I see a lot of talk about using jailing strings after f3, etc, etc.

Why not just go for DS' 50/50 every chance you get? Why do anything else?

For overhead, you could do b222, or b22 xx low guns, or b22 sword flip (overhead version) or b22 (on hit) MB rifle, or if you want to stay (i think, I could be wrong) safe, do b23f2.
For low...just use his low. or D1 into f23 into 50/50. I don't know. I could be over simplifying it.
It really just depends on you to be honest. I use a little of both. I also prefer going for the 50/50 after a blocked f3, midscreen. And in the corner I keep the pressure going. I also prefer b23f2 over b222 since its safer and sends your opponent full screen.

Rude

It really just depends on you to be honest. I use a little of both. I also prefer going for the 50/50 after a blocked f3, midscreen. And in the corner I keep the pressure going. I also prefer b23f2 over b222 since its safer and sends your opponent full screen.
I can see that. Good talk.