What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

RYX

BIG PUSHER
f.3 -> 132 jails on all characters. i spent hours today perfecting it and making sure, i was right.

background bounce -> trait -> f.3 132 is a damn dirty set-up

I only tested GA's wakeup though. You can stuff his Savage Blast and with right timing make it whiff completely (otherwise you trade, your favor but trait is wasted.) Funny thing is, he'll actually take less damage by sliding out, which you can only QF punish. Which thanks to the trait "buff," will only do 3% (lol). I imagine a shitty wake-up character like Zod just has to hold that shit.

a deep j.3 also jails like this, just for note

MB QF does 7% chip. Just for anyone wondering. :p

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
f.3 -> 132 jails on all characters. i spent hours today perfecting it and making sure, i was right.

background bounce -> trait -> f.3 132 is a damn dirty set-up

I only tested GA's wakeup though. You can stuff his Savage Blast and with right timing make it whiff completely (otherwise you trade, your favor but trait is wasted.) Funny thing is, he'll actually take less damage by sliding out, which you can only QF punish. Which thanks to the trait "buff," will only do 3% (lol). I imagine a shitty wake-up character like Zod just has to hold that shit.

a deep j.3 also jails like this, just for note

MB QF does 7% chip. Just for anyone wondering. :p

Does it really jail if it can be interrupted?

And testing this, just with Shazam however, Shazam back-dashed out free every time or interrupted...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Does it really jail if it can be interrupted?

And testing this, just with Shazam however, Shazam back-dashed out free every time or interrupted...
you're not doing it fast enough

I was doing it consistently vs characters who have armor moves and reversals didn't even come out. that seems like a jail

it takes practice, but i've got it down

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
you're not doing it fast enough

I was doing it consistently vs characters who have armor moves and reversals didn't even come out. that seems like a jail

it takes practice, but i've got it down
I got it to snuff reversals when they stood after the F3. But if they crouch after F3 or just throw, it was interrupting. And again, backdash was getting out kinda free.

And crouching after F3 isn't ever much of a bad idea for anyone after F3 against DS either, since if they see the 1, they can just interrupt, and if we B2, we're not getting jack shit off it compared to a B1 unless we're by a stage bounce or in the corner.

Just honestly wondering if this is even worth learning if it's just gonna get shut down by them ducking after F3.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I got it to snuff reversals when they stood after the F3. But if they crouch after F3 or just throw, it was interrupting. And again, backdash was getting out kinda free.

And crouching after F3 isn't ever much of a bad idea for anyone after F3 against DS either, since if they see the 1, they can just interrupt, and if we B2, we're not getting jack shit off it compared to a B1 unless we're by a stage bounce or in the corner.

Just honestly wondering if this is even worth learning if it's just gonna get shut down by them ducking after F3.
they're not ducking when i land it though

are you sure you're hitting it perfectly?

edit: you're not. you shouldn't be getting reversals at all. it's even in the frame data; f.2 is +10 on block, standing 1 is 8 frames.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
they're not ducking when i land it though

are you sure you're hitting it perfectly?

edit: you're not. you shouldn't be getting reversals at all. it's even in the frame data; f.2 is +10 on block, standing 1 is 8 frames.
Either way, can't it be escaped by simply ducking after the F3 and then interrupting 132?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Either way, can't it be escaped by simply ducking after the F3 and then interrupting 132?
it didn't do that for me when I had them set to duck

since it's an overhead attack it kind of sticks them to blocking high until the block-stun is over. so since 1 is fast enough to hit during the block stun, it jails. i don't know if this is an NRS exclusive thing or not but that's been done in MK9 too

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Sup guys. Haven't posted here in a while. But all this talk is intredasting. Theoretically, this could end up in 1 of 2 scenarios:

1) Since F3 is +10(i think), the 8f St1 if it reaches should be guaranteed. But it can also be pushblocked, so you would need an alternative to mix it up.

2)However, in this game, blocking doesn't jail you so it's possible to duck the st1. Just like Lex Luthor's 112 into St1 which is also supposed to be a frame trap according to the frame data, but you can duck the following St1 or backdash it.

EDIT: So this interested me enough to actually test it. It doesn't work midscreen. It's duckable. But it's doable in the corner so I can see this being done in like Fortress of Solitude.

But in that case you already have the FoS D2 x Spin set-up.

Last edited:
I thought since F3 has a stagger animation on block that you can't duck during it?

(I approve of @RYX's sig)
It cannot be ducked if done correctly. Let me preface that by saying you might have to be blocked on the later active frames of the move to force them to stand. I have not tested to see if it can be ducked on the first active frame I have generally fucked around with it and noticed it could not be ducked.

J1 or J2 also cannot be ducked if you hit them low enough.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
It cannot be ducked if done correctly. Let me preface that by saying you might have to be blocked on the later active frames of the move to force them to stand. I have not tested to see if it can be ducked on the first active frame I have generally fucked around with it and noticed it could not be ducked.

J1 or J2 also cannot be ducked if you hit them low enough.

Sooo.... F3->D1 is unblockable then?

Crathen

Death is my business
Sooo.... F3->D1 is unblockable then?
No you can block it , they're just put in enough blockstun to not be able to backdash / super , f3 into 132 does jail and can't be ducked even midscreen just takes timing but it's pointless doing that since even if they buffer backdash they'll be able to block it.

If you get a blocked f3 what you should do is either go for b2 / b1 / d1 / throw or read a backdash and act accordingly ( dash forward 323 / b1u2 or forward j3 ) going for other stuff like 132 is pointless.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
Even if you're forced to stand in stagger you could still block lows. I believe it's like this in all FGs. Or at least the ones I play.
Which is why you can duck a high and aren't forced to stand block it is the point I was throwing out there.

I know no other game that forces you to block something a certain way, even if it's a 1f difference. The character animation may not have time to show the duck, but it should still be wiffing when you duck a high.

Just not sure how even in theory let alone practice this is going to jail anyone with 1 being a high....

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Which is why you can duck a high and aren't forced to stand block it is the point I was throwing out there.

I know no other game that forces you to block something a certain way, even if it's a 1f difference. The character animation may not have time to show the duck, but it should still be wiffing when you duck a high.

Just not sure how even in theory let alone practice this is going to jail anyone with 1 being a high....
Which was my point as well. And besides, I already stated that I tested it and unless in the corner, the St1 doesn't reach.

Crathen

Death is my business

Which was my point as well. And besides, I already stated that I tested it and unless in the corner, the St1 doesn't reach.
And yet you guys are wrong , f3 into "just frame" 132 does jail and can't be ducked by most of the cast , it would just take 5 minutes of practice mode to verify it , the blockstun raises their hurtbox and they can't make the s1 whiff , it's the same reason j1/j2 into 132 can't be ducked if done at the right height.

And since talk is cheap here's a brief vid.

AND don't use 132 after blocked f3 , i've said it before and i'll say it again , it's pointless , there's no mixup , buffering backdash Option selects block and certain characters can punish it / avoid it ( WW pushback animation and hurtbox makes the 3 whiff , CW pushback and hurtbox makes the 1 whiff ).

Why is it hard to understand what to do after f3?

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
And yet you guys are wrong , f3 into "just frame" 132 does jail and can't be ducked by most of the cast , it would just take 5 minutes of practice mode to verify it , the blockstun raises their hurtbox and they can't make the s1 whiff , it's the same reason j1/j2 into 132 can't be ducked if done at the right height.

AND don't use 132 after blocked f3 , i've said it before and i'll say it again , it's pointless , there's no mixup , buffering backdash Option selects block and certain characters can punish it / avoid it ( WW pushback animation and hurtbox makes the 3 whiff , CW pushback and hurtbox makes the 1 whiff ).

I can't lie, that shit is just dumb. No idea why it functions like that.

But no, I'm sticking to my mix-ups after F3, no reason to waste time with anything else.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

I tested on Catwoman and whiffed. It's all I cared about.

Crathen

Death is my business
I can't lie, that shit is just dumb. No idea why it functions like that.

But no, I'm sticking to my mix-ups after F3, no reason to waste time with anything else.
It functions like that in more games than Inj , Tekken does have false frame advantage like this on generic fff3 , you are able to block low otherwise you'd get unblockable lows after jump attacks or big frame advantage moves.

And yes post f3 is mixup city.

I tested on Catwoman and whiffed. It's all I cared about.
Gotta test on more than 1 character.