What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
So as i've suspected b22xxMB B3 combos on all low hitbox characters while whiffing on medium / large ones , take it for what it is , i know people still like b22xxMB F3 because it's another 50/50 on block but knowing b22 is hit confirmable and can lead to 45% midscreen for 2 bars isn't something to ignore.

For 2 bars, I think it is something to ignore. Personal opinion however.

Crathen

Death is my business
For 2 bars, I think it is something to ignore. Personal opinion however.

It's something to keep in mind in certain matchups , certainly not a staple thing but it can be useful when you have meter to spare especially since b22 is hit confirmable , even just using the MB f3 cancel is good.

I also have a new corner setup wich involves an ambigous j3 without neutral jump , trying to record it now.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
It's something to keep in mind in certain matchups , certainly not a staple thing but it can be useful when you have meter to spare especially since b22 is hit confirmable , even just using the MB f3 cancel is good.

I also have a new corner setup wich involves an ambigous j3 without neutral jump , trying to record it now.

I really need to practice my B22 into MB F3.... I just need something that gets real damage off of B2 instead of just B23F2 since well... When someone's good and not playing HG, sending them full-screen isn't as helpful as getting some actual damage.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I really need to practice my B22 into MB F3.... I just need something that gets real damage off of B2 instead of just B23F2 since well... When someone's good and not playing HG, sending them full-screen isn't as helpful as getting some actual damage.

Sending Green Lantern full screen always makes my day.

I'm trying to experiment more with B1 xx MBF3. The Low-high is bound to catch some people, and even if they block it, free 50/50. Ever since MB bounce attacks got buffed such that they do more damage, I think it's been more worth attempting.

Crathen

Death is my business

The crossup j2 is a safejump and can reverse wakeups depending on when you jump after the backdash even when not delayed many wakeups will go in the wrong direction. J3 will crossup too if done early.

You can also mix it up with f3 after the backdash or backdash -> forward dash crossup f3 ( yeah you have time for that too ).

Sending Green Lantern full screen always makes my day.

I'm trying to experiment more with B1 xx MBF3. The Low-high is bound to catch some people, and even if they block it, free 50/50. Ever since MB bounce attacks got buffed such that they do more damage, I think it's been more worth attempting.

how is it a free 50/50? mbf3 ... any high/low follow up can be backdashed.

Honestly, I don't think DS can get by in any MU relying on guns (except HG, but that bitch is weak in the knees for guns 10-0 all day). However, this is one of those MUs where he does lose one of his strong points as a character for the most part, with the exception of shutting down down her full-screen game, which I will admit, is nice knowing you don't have to honestly deal with at the cost of not being able to use our own.

But I feel too much of the strategies I hear come down to assuming the KF is going to do something dumb like YOLO slide or YOLO Iceberg.

Now, this is definitely a winnable MU because, as I feel I should open with the fact that I have not ONCE said DS has a poor up-close game, we do have a solid close-up game, but I feel KF's gets underestimated.

She can D2 us out of J3 clean, which will lead into vortex, so, we can go for early ones to get the safety of not being AA'd consistently at the cost of losing the frame advantage to actually go for a mix-up without being interrupted by KF for trying to do anything.

The thing that I feel isn't mentioned, but is a huge part of this MU specifically (and a few others) is very tight meter management. MB F3 and MB B3 are solid tools for this MU and are worth the bar, but if you wanna keep her from just going nuts, we do want to possibly keep the extra bar on deck for the threat of MB guns.

However, with our mix-ups comes the fact that if KF guesses right, she gets real damage, where as we do not when guessing right on hers. Yes, D1xxSS is an option, but we get almost nothing off it and MBing the SS when she guesses right nets her a full-combo punish, which is our way to get anything real off the SS. We have B1 as the low, which isn't bad at all, but becomes a bit predictable. Since her 1F parry will fuck DS up for anything else we try (although I do think MB F3 will still go through, but that's more meter we need).

Her vortex fucks us up just like everyone else. yes, we can help lower it's strength by a bit, but not enough for it not to be a devastating vortex. Again, she just gets more from us than we get from her on correct reads, ect.

Or is it really THAT hard to admit that DS doesn't have the up-close game that KF has? Cause if he does, DS Top 5 all day.

However, it's not, so I don't see why it's such an abomination to some to say she has the edge on us in that category... Mind you, I say she has the EDGE, not that we're completely hopeless, just that hers is in fact better. people pick KF for ruching in and doing dumb 50/50s... Not DS. And there is a good reason for that.

And since our zoning gets shut down by her "zoning", and our counter-zoning shuts down her zoning... I feel that's kind of a dead section right there.

So I see nothing wrong at all with saying she has an advantage in this MU... I'm not even saying it's some number like 8-2 or even 7-3 in her favor... But I feel like a 6-4 in her favor isn't at all out of the question...

isn't it sad that DS went from the best zoning in the game to having to rush down... he is not even a zoning character anymore unless your playing scrubs

Crathen

Death is my business
how is it a free 50/50? mbf3 ... any high/low follow up can be backdashed.

Not really , if you're mashing backdash with a character with a mediocre one you get hit by b23 the second hit or d1xxspin wich is a low and doesn't let the backdash come out.

And regardless of what backdash you have a j3 after f3 on block will hit anyone out of their backdash so you can't really be that predictable with backdashes.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
Not really , if you're mashing backdash with a character with a mediocre one you get hit by b23 the second hit or d1xxspin wich is a low and doesn't let the backdash come out.

And regardless of what backdash you have a j3 after f3 on block will hit anyone out of their backdash so you can't really be that predictable with backdashes.

The bolded text is a damn dirty lie. I know for a fact at the very absolute least Shazam blocks free after backdashing. He backdashes B1, B2, and will be able to block J3. Only thing you can catch him with is a QF/MB QF, which is you guess wrong on them back dashing, you eat 40% for your troubles.

Crathen

Death is my business
The bolded text is a damn dirty lie. I know for a fact at the very absolute least Shazam blocks free after backdashing. He backdashes B1, B2, and will be able to block J3. Only thing you can catch him with is a QF/MB QF, which is you guess wrong on them back dashing, you eat 40% for your troubles.

Sorry , Shazam and Bane can backdash it because they have the best backdashes in the game , Zod can't.

They still have to respect ( no backdash ) a d1 wich is enough to build an offensive around , also against those characters you really don't care if they backdash after f3 , more zoning that they can't punish long range.

You can also punish both of them backdashing after F3 on block with a delayed forward dash 323 , the timing is kinda tough but it's doable if you really want to punish it and know it's coming.

not true man..

Crathen

Death is my business
not true man..

Eh?I test all i say before speaking... prove me i'm wrong.

You can't backdash d1 , only Bane and Shazam can backdash and be safe from a j3 and characters with bad backdashes get caught by b23.

Saying backdash nullifies all his options after f3 is not true.

NHDR

Noob
Question: there are no more balance patches coming, right? Just want to make sure this DS is the one I'll be sticking with. Thanks!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
f.3 into a tiny step-->d.1 is a true frame trap

I think this is pretty big. Has it been discovered already?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Lol I find it somewhat interesting that you can play Batgirl nearly identical to DS and with a better success rate.

Bola = cancellable Machine Gun that's +3 on block and gives you a full combo or meterless vortex on hit

Batarangs = Slower QF that can be used to check movement (so covers air too if MB'd)

Cartwheel = A meterless and safe version(on block minus the OH option) of Sword Spin MB. Awesome oki game when hits. So kind of a Sword Flip too

B12, B2D3 and B2U3 speak for themselves minus the frame adv on block and the range. Which is irrelevant due to her other tools that cover that.

Her vortex is actually a guaranteed 50/50 without exception.

She gets more damage

Their dashes are similar

They both are successful counter-zoners. DS not as much as pre-patch but he'll do.

DS has better jump attacks

Teleport/Bola is much scarier than guns

Her Super is better

Their Traits are similar: usable but isn't beneficial to their main game.

I don't know guys. I'm beating my training partners who normally body me when I'm using DS.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

RYX

BIG PUSHER
f.3 into a tiny step-->d.1 is a true frame trap

I think this is pretty big. Has it been discovered already?
Okay, this is kind of weird

the pushback on f.3 seems to vary through characters. maybe it's due to hitboxes, but you don't need to step forward on Zod. However, you will need to do the little step on the Flash, and you'll still get the true block string.

I need to test this on more characters

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Okay, this is kind of weird

the pushback on f.3 seems to vary through characters. maybe it's due to hitboxes, but you don't need to step forward on Zod. However, you will need to do the little step on the Flash, and you'll still get the true block string.

I need to test this on more characters

Walk speeds

Flash walks fast as hell

Crathen

Death is my business
I have to clear this confusion on , as RYX said it's the animation of pushback that is different from character to character , i've tested a couple character and for now only Aquaman and Raven ( maybe flash i can't remember ) can ONLY backdash ( not jump ) a f3 d1 , but it's not a majority of the cast so it's not that much flawed.

Btw @J360 i'm up for a skype "council" thing on the Aqua MU whenever you want , we could brainstorm some things.

I have some new things to explain soon.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
so how long has DS's d2 been godlike? the fact that he now has something reliable as a defensive option against the flash really helps him in this match IMO

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
so how long has DS's d2 been godlike? the fact that he now has something reliable as a defensive option against the flash really helps him in this match IMO

Since the D2 buff. I honestly wouldn't know how it'd be too useful in the MU though.... I need to play against Zyphox more if I can. He really showed how little I have a clue on that MU.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Since the D2 buff. I honestly wouldn't know how it'd be too useful in the MU though.... I need to play against Zyphox more if I can. He really showed how little I have a clue on that MU.

one of my friends plays the flash and i was playing now and it seems that its a reliable way to check him for dashing since you can actually get something out of it. also since its plus you can give him a taste of his own medicine when he used to be able to mash that shit

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
D2 has been pretty good for a while, but I wouldn't call it "godlike."

At least, not while Aquaman, Grundy, and Wonder Woman still have D2s.