What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
And also on a sidenote, Even FT20 means nothing, I go with the TRASH OF TYM aka tom brady mentality when it comes to matchups. I don't want to play 5 games, 10 games, 20 games to learn a matchup. I like to play hundreds of games to really determine what i feel the matchup is. Once there are no more shenanigans all that is left to know is favorable and unfavorable situations, that is when you can determine a true match up number, as of now it just what we know vs the unknown. Most situations haven't been ironed out in most matchups as of yet.

Vagrant

Noob
That thread shouldn't have been sent to the Netherealm just because one person was butthurt.

Except it was my thread.
I was the creator
Hence the name:

Vagrant's Living DS matchup chart.

I asked to have it closed because it got to a point where it was more about bickering and less about learning. Which was not my intention when I made it. There's still a matchup thread here in the forums. Feel free to use it bro.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Except it was my thread.
I was the creator
Hence the name:

I asked to have it closed because it got to a point where it was more about bickering and less about learning. Which was not my intention when I made it. There's still a matchup thread here in the forums. Feel free to use it bro.

If you're referring to Duck Nation's, he ragequit Slade a while ago.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Except it was my thread.
I was the creator
Hence the name:

Would you like for me to clean it up and re-open it?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
J360, this forum feels like a real mess to me.

I quit Injustice very shortly after release... I just wasn't feeling the game and went on to play things I liked more. I've decided, post-patch, to give the game another shot. Deathstroke is the only character in the game that I've enjoyed playing, so I'm going to give him one more go-round.

Looking through the forums here though has been very trying. Is there a current, go-to thread with a good summary of all of the important, current Deathstroke stuff?... a thread where the OP is actually maintaining the original post? I've been having trouble finding a good resource to use as I attempt to jump back in and get caught up. I'm having to read tons of pages of multiple threads, and half of it is complaining or trolling. =\

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

I quit Injustice very shortly after release... I just wasn't feeling the game and went on to play things I liked more. I've decided, post-patch, to give the game another shot. Deathstroke is the only character in the game that I've enjoyed playing, so I'm going to give him one more go-round.

Looking through the forums here though has been very trying. Is there a current, go-to thread with a good summary of all of the important, current Deathstroke stuff?... a thread where the OP is actually maintaining the original post? I've been having trouble finding a good resource to use as I attempt to jump back in and get caught up. I'm having to read tons of pages of multiple threads, and half of it is complaining or trolling. =\
We have a few who quit the character who no longer operate their original posts. I'll give it a good sweep today.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
There are some things that are just a little beyond his control, don't bag on him specifically. Duck Nation ragequit Deathstroke, DaiHuu who has the "Low Shots Safety Chart" hasn't posted here in ages. karaokelove who runs the guide is a pretty smart guy, but he's been a little inactive, therefore his guide is a tiny bit dated. We also can never seem to get any source of consistency in matchup threads.

So yeah, this board is a bit lacking in a full up to date character guide, matchup thread, and some technical information posts, but it's mostly because while we have some bright minds here on this forum, we're just keeping up with the information poorly.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I'm deleting a few threads and making sure everything has prefixes so that it is easier to navigate. I might just be operating the Matchup thread by editing Ducks original Posts.

this is so fricken funny... i just made a huge post about how unorganized the forums were and got blown up. good to see i am not the only one.

Happy to hear your using him, feel free to contribute.

one thing i have been utilizing a lot is a 123 hard knockdown as a finisher. depending on the juggle deterioration us get a dash cross of 2 (that makes almost all wakeups whiff) then free 50/50

the corner trait setups are indeed viable. the vortex is not legit.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
one thing i have been utilizing a lot is a 123 hard knockdown as a finisher. depending on the juggle deterioration us get a dash cross of 2 (that makes almost all wakeups whiff) then free 50/50

the corner trait setups are indeed viable. the vortex is not legit.

Welcome to 2 months ago

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
this is so fricken funny... i just made a huge post about how unorganized the forums were and got blown up. good to see i am not the only one.

I don't mind input from those trying to navigate the DS forum and are having a hard time. I made a thread for any sort of complaints, i'm here to help make things better for you guys not to get upset. I'd rather everyone voice their opinions then to go around being salty (not referring to you)

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I hope my post didn't come across as too much complaining. I would definitely be down to help in any way I can. I've decided to give this game another serious shot, and since I only get to play, realistically, 2-4 hours a week, completely maximizing my practice and playtime is key for me! That's the reason I'm trying to figure out what is real/current/viable tech and info as of right now! =)

Thanks to everyone here for your contributions.

how about variable block stun on some specials depending on canceled strings or stand/ducking ehhh? would u like to know how to make some plus strings even more plus? no? bc people like Mikman360 will say ohhhhhhhhh we know all that already

Crathen

Death is my business
I guess i'll make a video to show his damage / setup BnB off his main launchers , that'd be nice to have so people don't get confused by the miriads of combos floating in combo threads , there is still some old stuff like my 23 ender stuff wich i replaced with different SF enders or the 123 ender wich personally i find lacking in damage.

And we need more serious discussion on matchups , could be lack of Ds players or just gross overgeneralizing matchups when instead you need very in depth knowledge of matchups in order to win with him.

ryublaze

Noob
I hope my post didn't come across as too much complaining. I would definitely be down to help in any way I can. I've decided to give this game another serious shot, and since I only get to play, realistically, 2-4 hours a week, completely maximizing my practice and playtime is key for me! That's the reason I'm trying to figure out what is real/current/viable tech and info as of right now! =)

Thanks to everyone here for your contributions.
First thing you should know is to ignore everything that PLAYING TO W1N says.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I guess i'll make a video to show his damage / setup BnB off his main launchers , that'd be nice to have so people don't get confused by the miriads of combos floating in combo threads , there is still some old stuff like my 23 ender stuff wich i replaced with different SF enders or the 123 ender wich personally i find lacking in damage.

And we need more serious discussion on matchups , could be lack of Ds players or just gross overgeneralizing matchups when instead you need very in depth knowledge of matchups in order to win with him.

I intend on having the matchups updated especially zod lol. Question, what do you guys think of the DS forums weekly matchup discussion? Here is my idea for it:

I start a thread on monday to discuss a certain matchup, it gets discussed, we compile a list of dos and donts, and at the end of the week we can put up a small video going over the matchup basics.

It will take a while to complete but i think it is a pretty realistic time frame for each matchup. I'd be willing to stay involved and search for new tech vs characters depending on how involved our small community will be.

Crathen

Death is my business
G4S J360 i'm all for that , there's no need for numbers , just talk exensively about the specific things about those MUs like wakeup game , preferred distance , playing defensively / aggressive , what setups work relisticaly and and what not , i'd be cool to have said character good players to give their 2c on the matchup so we can have a different point of view too , many other forums have different approach to how to fight DS and something useful could spark from healthy discussions.