What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
What are DS best midscreen and corner BNBs without using meter? Off F3 and b1u2...

What are (if any) viable midscreen cross up F3 setups? Likely off hard knockdowns...

midscreen and corner i pretty much do the same thing. do something into 323 f23 xx flip ender. you can do f3 fi2 323 f23 xx flip. midscreen crossup f3s happen sometimes on smaller characters while they are crouching, meaning they have to stand up blocking crossup. so sometimes just doing a f3 from really close will work. or just dash up in footsie range and do a MB f3. you can also just dash in after a flip ender or an anti air flip and go for the crossup at point blank range. also doing it after a juggled 23 works well too if you walk forward a little bit after 23 im pretty sure but i need to test it out again.

NHDR

Noob
An old video I forgot to upload. Just more of me learning DS. Would appreciate comments, critique, insight, and your subscription. :)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Ok im getting my xbl gold back tonight so im down for some long sets. I usually like to play ft 50 lol. I don't know many matchups so it takes a few games to adjust. I keep hearing you're the guy to beat now!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

MoldMan

Noob
How the fuck is it less useful? We now have guaranteed ways to close out matches safely and it's actually possible to use the damn things now without getting blown up. Jesus, it seems like 3/4ths of the people on this site can't think at all. Tell me, how is this worse? Get a knockdown in the first round, activate trait, take em out, round covers you from most of the cool down, bam. And if you wanna use it midmatch we still have a character with solid footsies tools that doesn't need t worry about his guns for a bit.

So tell me how a trait we can actually setup and use now is worse than one we could never fucking use?
It literally does half damage now. Also all your bullets miss when the trait is used up. Anyone will eat the 3 percent or six MB from quickshot. 6% MB .

MoldMan

Noob
Our overhead MB foot stomp , razor edge and sword flip does 30%
Sword spin does 31% at the end of the combo
Our cross up sword flip does 18% instead of 19%

haketh

Noob
Ues it too close out rounds, and oyu make it seem like DS doesn't have a great set of footsies tools to keep people at bay while cooldown is happening.

MoldMan

Noob
Your not going use the trait to do 3 or 6% to close out a round. Pressing B and doing quick shot s till takes a good second. Unless your fighting lobo, bane, catwoman. Its useless.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Your not going use the trait to do 3 or 6% to close out a round. Pressing B and doing quick shot s till takes a good second. Unless your fighting lobo, bane, catwoman. Its useless.

MB B3 , F3 , Trait > MB Machine Gun. 25% + 11%. That's 36% Unclashable. Pretty sure you can close a round with that. If you want to use more meter you can MB the F3 as well and do 29% instead. Which makes the whole thing 40% in total.

haketh

Noob
Yeah, unblockable damage we can actually setup is more useless than damage we could never setup. Sure, yeah, real intelligent.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yeah, unblockable damage we can actually setup is more useless than damage we could never setup. Sure, yeah, real intelligent.

Let's stop this here.

you think Trait changes was a nerf? Fine don't use it, doesn't change his pre-patch play style
you think Trait changes was a buff? Feel free to set it up now that you can

In the end. Zod always wins

ryublaze

Noob
Does anyone do neutral jump 1 and press L1 at the start of the match on Fortress of Solitude? Is it a good idea to do this or can it be punished?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Does anyone do neutral jump 1 and press L1 at the start of the match on Fortress of Solitude? Is it a good idea to do this or can it be punished?

I do this way more often than I really should on maps with hanging interactables at the start lol. I do this on Ferris too. I've been punished like once or twice before online.

ryublaze

Noob
I do this way more often than I really should on maps with hanging interactables at the start lol. I do this on Ferris too. I've been punished like once or twice before online.
In what ways can be it punished? If they dash forward? or if they have a teleport? Do you think it's better to just walk back and react and punish them with air guns if they try going for the interactable?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
In what ways can be it punished? If they dash forward? or if they have a teleport? Do you think it's better to just walk back and react and punish them with air guns if they try going for the interactable?

D2 is a given. I'm pretty sure they can whiff punish Ji1 too. I also never attempt this on GL players since GLM is gonna eff you in da a.

If THEY want to go for it, and you want to defend it, I say crouch. D2 if they just jump onto you, react with SF if they grab the interactable (interactable grabs are somewhat slow).

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Whooooa check this: I'm here testing Crathen's 23 x Flip , Trait corner set-up and it made me want to test something.

132 and 231's damages and scaling don't change whether Trsited or not. This is a cool little tidbit I think.

Also Crathen, 23 x Flip doesn't look like it's going to work. They wake-up before DS recovers from Trait start-up. Want me to test with D2 x Trait or 23 x Trait instead?

Crathen

Death is my business
Whooooa check this: I'm here testing Crathen's 23 x Flip , Trait corner set-up and it made me want to test something.

132 and 231's damages and scaling don't change whether Trsited or not. This is a cool little tidbit I think.

Also Crathen, 23 x Flip doesn't look like it's going to work. They wake-up before DS recovers from Trait start-up. Want me to test with D2 x Trait or 23 x Trait instead?

I posted about that in the patch changes , it's cool so DS doesn't lose damage when hitting 132 or 231.

23xxSF trait is safe in the corner even from Supermans Kryptonian Crush , you must be doing it wrong or outside of the combos i've posted.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I posted about that in the patch changes , it's cool so DS doesn't lose damage when hitting 132 or 231.

23xxSF trait is safe in the corner even from Supermans Kryptonian Crush , you must be doing it wrong or outside of the combos i've posted.

It's B1U2 , F2 , D2 , JI2 , 23 x Flip right? Or B1U2 , F3 , 1 , 23 x Flip? Both get punished by Flying Uppercut. Post the combo again please?