What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Uhh I don't understand the distinction between cancelling air moves into ground normals as opposed to not. Seems all the same to me. Cancelling air moves into air specials I understand though.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Uhh I don't understand the distinction between cancelling air moves into ground normals as opposed to not. Seems all the same to me. Cancelling air moves into air specials I understand though.
what i mean is, u can do j2 and immediately put in b2 or b1 so that it combos, pretty much what you'd do for a jump in combo, or are u saying that u don't do it the same way u would if u were trying to combo into it? thats what im trying to understand.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
what i mean is, u can do j2 and immediately put in b2 or b1 so that it combos, pretty much what you'd do for a jump in combo, or are u saying that u don't do it the same way u would if u were trying to combo into it? thats what im trying to understand.

All moves are as tightly linked together as possible

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
alright, ur saying j2 gives a lot of advantage on block, but doesnt ji3 give +10?

I tested it, even if Ji3 is +10, Ji2 is more. Also, Ji3s have this weird delay in this game for some reason, something that Ji1 and Ji2 does not (for everyone actually).

Axel_Redd

I tested it, even if Ji3 is +10, Ji2 is more. Also, Ji3s have this weird delay in this game for some reason, something that Ji1 and Ji2 does not (for everyone actually).
maybe because j3 doesnt actually link on block i guess?

what good is ingame frame data when half of it is wrong? x.x ugh. How much is j2 on block really?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
maybe because j3 doesnt actually link on block i guess?

what good is ingame frame data when half of it is wrong? x.x ugh. How much is j2 on block really?

You might be right about the whole "linking" thing when it comes to Ji3. Ji3s just dont flow into other moves well.

Idk how much it is on block, but it's probably equal (or close to) Ji3, but since you can move sooner out of it, it actually gives you a better chance at a follow up attack.

Jump attacks are hard to get the frame data for though, since it can vary depending on how low to the ground you were when you hit them. I can see why NRS screwed that stuff up. If you hit them on the way up, you have little to no advantage.

Axel_Redd

You might be right about the whole "linking" thing when it comes to Ji3. Ji3s just dont flow into other moves well.

Idk how much it is on block, but it's probably equal (or close to) Ji3, but since you can move sooner out of it, it actually gives you a better chance at a follow up attack.

Jump attacks are hard to get the frame data for though, since it can vary depending on how low to the ground you were when you hit them. I can see why NRS screwed that stuff up. If you hit them on the way up, you have little to no advantage.
its just hte way u combo from jump ins is diff from MK, in injustice u have to do the input before u actually hit the ground, otherwise it doesnt actually combo, in MK u don't have to be quite so fast with it.

Axel_Redd

so i was wondering how u were inputting the commands, if u were doing it like that or not.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
When it comes to comboing off of air normals, you input the following attack at the time you HIT, and not when you LAND. It's stupid, but try it. Pick a tall opponent, hit them with Ji1 on the way up, and hit 1. Do NOTHING until you land. DS will punch the opponent as soon as he lands >_>

Axel_Redd

When it comes to comboing off of air normals, you input the following attack at the time you HIT, and not when you LAND. It's stupid, but try it. Pick a tall opponent, hit them with Ji1 on the way up, and hit 1. Do NOTHING until you land. DS will punch the opponent as soon as he lands >_>
yeah, were u talking about doing THAT and getting advantage? or landing frirst and then inputting moves?