What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
id say moves under 20 frames are pretty unseeable. 18 frames is reactable with training. b1 is i16, you aint reacting to that shit.
u can if u automatically block at the first sign of leg movment. but u have to be looking for it. ready for it.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
Zatanna has a teleport.

Why does NRS feel the need to give everyone a ****ing teleport? Might as well give Bane and Lobo teleports too.
Oh, haven't you heard?
Zoning is OP in the game and they need teleports to get around it free because its's impossible to deal with without a strong teleport.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I guarantee with absolute certainty that her teleport is a parry. Although using it against the pig alarms me...

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
You guys think the Dormammu fireball will vanish if we hit her? Since projectiles go though each other in this game, and Quick Fire has incredible missile speed, we may not have to really worry about that move unless Zatanna players find good setups for it.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
After checking, her grounded teleport still looks very much like a parry move to me. Her air teleport is slow as fucking shit, though.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Zatanna has a teleport.

Why does NRS feel the need to give everyone a ****ing teleport? Might as well give Bane and Lobo teleports too.

I've been saying the same thing its seems that pretty much all DLC(except for lobo of course) will be bad MU's for deathstroke

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
At least hers isn't a teleport attack. Basically it's like Raven in demon stance all the time, from what the trailer looks like. I'm a bit more okay with that, but we'll see what happens when I start having to play against her. The only good thing is that the constant addition of more teleporters improves the variety of opponents I'll see. Now instead of Batgirl/Scorpion all day it's Batgirl/Scorpion/MMH/Zatanna all day! Thank you NRS for doubling my matchup experience!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Btw, why is it weird that us DS players dislike teleports more than actual projectile counters? I've never really been bugged by Raven, Aquaman, or WW's projectile shield moves.

drywall

Noob
Btw, why is it weird that us DS players dislike teleports more than actual projectile counters? I've never really been bugged by Raven, Aquaman, or WW's projectile shield moves.
One reason could be that most of the teleports lead into a full combo punish instead of just ~10% here or there. Although the teleports themselves are usually fully punishable, they mess up the footsie game also.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
One reason could be that most of the teleports lead into a full combo punish instead of just ~10% here or there. Although the teleports themselves are usually fully punishable, they mess up the footsie game also.

Basically this. I'm fine with fighting Aquaman's shield since it's only minor damage at worst, vs certain teleports that are more like "Oh, see, you WANTED to try to start something with that B1U2 since it's safe on block, but now I'm behind you, it's unsafe on wiff, and you're gonna have to hold this full combo and this maniacal laughter."

Just my outlook anyway. It also makes zoning THAT much harder. You can sure, try to bait the teleport, but I still find that about half of Deathstrokes game is his zoning, and now you have to play a waiting game. Sure, you have to be patient anyway, but it just makes the MU harder to repeat in long succession.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
It's less fun.
That's really at the heart of it. When I'm patient I can take down most Batgirls I find. But do I have fun knowing that I'm not allowed to jump during the matchup or that I can only use guns as a long range poke at best? No, no I don't. It's a hollow win that feels more like work than playing a game I love.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
That's really at the heart of it. When I'm patient I can take down most Batgirls I find. But do I have fun knowing that I'm not allowed to jump during the matchup or that I can only use guns as a long range poke at best? No, no I don't. It's a hollow win that feels more like work than playing a game I love.

Honestly as DS players... we're not really allowed to talk like this :p

Vagrant

Noob
Duuude we need to talk about DS d2 in footsies. This move is fucking fantastic post buff. Sure the hitbox is improved but its -1 with fantastic range and is great for blowing up highs.

It also works well against crossups. I've used it to AA:

DD body splash
Batman ji2
Joker ji3

Even when it trades you still recover in time to get your combo afterwards.

This tool is VERY slept on by DS players. USE IT!