What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

drywall

Noob
I don't think a buff to low shots is necessary except for the meter gain DS lost as a result of low guns doing less chip damage. I don't usually spend meter on guns or pushblock. But even conserving meter I usually only have enough for the decisive clash in a round. I've started to accept eating combos just to have enough meter to close out the match. So maybe a buff to DS' meter gain in general.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
MG isn't great but it still has its niche. It'll usually win full-screen trades that normal guns won't. I wouldn't bother changing anything about it.

I honestly want DS's trait totally redone.

How about when you activate trait you get faster recovery time and more chip on QS, LGS, MGS.

Or when you activate trait only your next gun shot is unblockable without a timer when activated and a cooldown after the shot.

The tradeoff for the nerf is a faster startup time.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I like the idea of a reworked trait, but it's not gonna happen. The best shot it's got is a lower startup time.

Honestly, I would prefer it not be a keepaway oriented trait at all. It's called "Enhanced Reflexes" why is it making bullets unblockable? It should be increasing his gawd **** melee games efficiency.

Enhanced reflexes should increase his damage, chip damage, reduce the pushback of his normals on block, and leave him more positive on block.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
what do you guys think about DS vs MMH. so far it looks pretty free. seems like most of the shit that can blow up guns actually can also get interrupted by guns pretty free

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Has Flip always been as fast as Spin, or is the game lying to me? I coulda sworn Spin was faster by 1 frame.

(I still need to purchase MMH...)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Anyone realize how DS resembles Noob waay too much? I mean, I've said it before but just think about it:

Shadow Charge: MB MachineGun
Shadow Slide: LowShots
Shadow Upknee: Sword Flip
Ghost Ball: Trait
Portal Set-ups: DS's vortexes
B1: St3
Teleport: AirGS/StGS

The moves I listed above don't have the same properties but carry the same purpose.

There are obvious differences though like the playstyle, DS is much superior due to better tools, Noob has more depth, etc.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Well actually I was under the impression that Flip was 8 frames. But yes, a 6 frame Spin would make it a godlike defensive move.

Yea fuck it, make Flip 8f IDC, it'll be less scrubby. But that extra frame faster on Spin would make his defensive game much better. I can see the potential already. But I guess before all that fancy stuff fix its hit stun first. A corner standing reset against chars like Frost or Adam would be a great +.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i just hope they buff DS trait a bit as well as his guns, his rifle in particular.

Axel_Redd

Yea fuck it, make Flip 8f IDC, it'll be less scrubby. But that extra frame faster on Spin would make his defensive game much better. I can see the potential already. But I guess before all that fancy stuff fix its hit stun first. A corner standing reset against chars like Frost or Adam would be a great +.
altho then we'd just end up with another version of batgirl or somethin o-o, wouldn't we? i mean, if were gonna have a standing reset.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
altho then we'd just end up with another version of batgirl or somethin o-o, wouldn't we? i mean, if were gonna have a standing reset.

They are not comparable. You're not gonna see Deathstroke as a ghetto pre-patch Scorpion jumping around, keeping you in blockstun and killing you for guessing wrong twice.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

If Batgirl can do it midscreen for no meter at all, I think it's okay to let DS have one in the corner.

If DS corners you you're pretty much dead anyways. Between CoD, B22 xx MB Sword Spin, and B1, there's just too much to worry about.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
If Batgirl can do it midscreen for no meter at all, I think it's okay to let DS have one in the corner.

If DS corners you you're pretty much dead anyways. Between CoD, B22 xx MB Sword Spin, and B1, there's just too much to worry about.

call me an idiot but whats this call of duty thing you speak of

Axel_Redd

actually in the corner ur probably gonna wanna use d1 i n place of b1, ya know, since its faster and all that.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Someone else please explain this, because I'm not going to be able to keep my temper trying to do it myself.