What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Those are all even matchups if you play them properly, barring Superman.

D1, F23 is something I've been wanting to try, but I've gotten MG to come out on accident before >.<
F2 alone can be dangerous since it's negative though.
well thats why i turned off the negative edge, makes it much less likely to happen. and it is negative? by how much? anyways, in the corner u could do stuff like d1 f23, 3, d1 mb swordspin or u could go for b22~mb sword spin.

drywall

Noob
I haven't found anyone who blocked the F23 after a D1 hit. I don't think they noticed that they got hit by the D1. I don't want to get used to F23flip so I started to just do D1-F2-50/50. That's kinda risky though.

Axel_Redd

I haven't found anyone who blocked the F23 after a D1 hit. I don't think they noticed that they got hit by the D1. I don't want to get used to F23flip so I started to just do D1-F2-50/50. That's kinda risky though.
i think sticking to safe pressure is the best option, altho once in a while a 50/50 could be used if their not expecting it, and by 50/50 do u mean low gunshots and b22?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I'm still pretty sure F2 alone isn't even positive, and F23 doesn't lead to a free 50/50 sadly. It has too much pushback.

F23 is actually overrated :(

Axel_Redd

I'm still pretty sure F2 alone isn't even positive, and F23 doesn't lead to a free 50/50 sadly. It has too much pushback.

F23 is actually overrated :(
f2 will still more than likely give you pseudo advantage since its duration is short.

and in the corner i think a standing 3 will reach after a blocked f23

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yeah F2 alone is -8 on block.

3 on block is positive, but the pushback is too great to be used as a frametrap/mixup setup.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
But it's a matter of "what do I have to gain?"

Sure 3 gets you a couple of frames advantage, but I don't really see what you can do with it. Especially compared to the options of continuing past 3 into 32.

If you do 32, you can buffer it into 323, 12 xx Machine Gun for 29%. If they block it, you're left safe at -6 frames. Or if you KNOW your opponent is smart enough to block the entire string, you can go for 32 xx Spin for extra chip damage.

Axel_Redd

i guess, DS f23 is a lot like raidens f24, only better. still a very good string to use even if it pushes back. And the threat of it after a d1 can give u a free throw.

drywall

Noob
i think sticking to safe pressure is the best option, altho once in a while a 50/50 could be used if their not expecting it, and by 50/50 do u mean low gunshots and b22?
50/50 is B1/B2 followup after blocked F23. B2 is safe against everything but superman's super. B1 will get beaten by 6f moves and is also iffy against characters that float and have a tapered lower hitbox eg Superman, wonderwoman. Against those characters it would be better to do b22xlowshots or even 3.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
50/50 is B1/B2 followup after blocked F23. B2 is safe against everything but superman's super. B1 will get beaten by 6f moves and is also iffy against characters that float and have a tapered lower hitbox eg Superman, wonderwoman. Against those characters it would be better to do b22xlowshots or even 3.

That mixup doesn't work after F23 sadly. B2 works, but B1 doesn't. The opponent gets pushed out of range, and if they are stand blocking, they will walk backwards out of B1s range.

These mixups work after F3 though. B1 timed correctly will trade with even the fastest of special moves (Flying Uppercut, Corp Charge).

Axel_Redd

yeah i forgot to mention doing f3 when you pressure them too, i wonder if that makes doing mb bounce cancel worth doing in the corner.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
i guess, DS f23 is a lot like raidens f24, only better. still a very good string to use even if it pushes back. And the threat of it after a d1 can give u a free throw.

Not better. Raiden after F24 gives him option to whiff punish a reversal or continue pressure. Plus it has awesome range.

F23 on the other hand, I honestly don't even use it outside of combos and corner pressure.

drywall

Noob
That mixup doesn't work after F23 sadly. B2 works, but B1 doesn't. The opponent gets pushed out of range, and if they are stand blocking, they will walk backwards out of B1s range.

These mixups work after F3 though. B1 timed correctly will trade with even the fastest of special moves (Flying Uppercut, Corp Charge).
I only really use the D1-F23-XX sequence when someone is in my face. D1 has minimal pushback so the F23 usually hits point blank. Against characters like Batman that have an extended upper hitbox and a recessed lower hitbox the B1 followup will hit under those conditions even if they are stand blocking. This is all dependent on the opponent's hitbox and distance that F23 makes contact. It might be better to go into pressure loops after F23 depending on the situation. Or just throw.

Anyone find safejumps after a throw yet?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
ACTUALLY

I think I misspoke. I just tested in training mode on Nightwing and B1 was able to land after an F23. I swear last time I tested it, I could walk away from B1 after F23. More testing to be done...

drywall

Noob
ACTUALLY

I think I misspoke. I just tested in training mode on Nightwing and B1 was able to land after an F23. I swear last time I tested it, I could walk away from B1 after F23. More testing to be done...
Which stance of Nightwing's did you test?

Axel_Redd

speaking of safe jumps, can someone explain what deathstrokes known safe jumps are?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Which stance of Nightwing's did you test?

Sticks, and I tested it on Catwoman also. Turns out you CAN get a B1 in, but you have to be somewhat close, and you have to time B1 well so that RIGHT when you recover from F23, you do B1.

So if your plan is to do F3, F23, B1, you might need to do F3, walk a little, F23, B1.

drywall

Noob
Sticks, and I tested it on Catwoman also. Turns out you CAN get a B1 in, but you have to be somewhat close, and you have to time B1 well so that RIGHT when you recover from F23, you do B1.

So if your plan is to do F3, F23, B1, you might need to do F3, walk a little, F23, B1.
I usually go right into 50/50 after F3 and skip the F23. Although at max F3 range you have to take a step to get B1.

Axel_Redd

Mikman360, do u got ps3? we should play if u do, could use another deathstroke player to play against.