What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Exactly Mikman, that's what I'm saying. Both Batgirl and Scorpion force you to play the match with a different set of rules - theirs. Scorpion isn't too much of an issue ever since they patched him - the punch hits high now and his damage has been nerfed to oblivion. A Scorp got me with three MB specials and a stage bounce earlier for an 18 hit combo that did 24% damage. Horrendous. But he's still got nasty resets.

Anyway, Batgirl is on a different level because of her ridiculous 50/50 rushdown game, her bolas that give her so much hit advantage you can trade with them full screen and she still gets a full combo for one bar, and the fact that you more or less can never jump. I was a little surprised to not see her represented by anyone in the Evo top 8 this year, but I think that's just because she came in late to the game. I think we'll find out in the next months just how devastating she can be.

Point is, if they fix the air issue by making MM only able to teleport from the ground, but give him a full screen 50/50 with full combo potential, they haven't really fixed anything at all. That's why the uppercut has to be mid, or we're all screwed.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Seriously. I feel like they keep adding teleport characters to help deal with the supposed "projectile oriented" game that this community has come to know, but I feel they've gone too far at this point. Now it feels like they're trying to murder projectiles altogether.

TELEPORTS FOR EVERYONE! LET'S GIVE A TELEPORT TO RED HOOD AND STATIC ALSO! WHY? WHO CARES!? IT'LL HELP COUNTER PORJECTILES! :D

How does Deathstroke fair against Wonder Woman. Can you pretty much pre-empt her air game with guns or is it a problem?
Better than most of the cast.

You can block her instant air amazon punch crouching, then punish with 231 and get a free trait activation.

You can get a full combo punish 323 f23 SF into free trait activation mid screen because she is too far away to punish.

Win clash into trait activation or hit super into trait activation because she is too far away to punish.

Her best wakeup attack lasso spin does not fair well against armor F3 either.

You just need to spend the entire match running away using B23F2 and b1u2 f3 323 f23 SF trait.

You can handle her fairly well armor F3 and chipping her to death.

I use WW a lot and my buddy's Dstroke manhandles her, while my Dstroke beats his Dstroke all the time.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
His combos were so janky too, he could have probably won the match he got eliminated, he got a couple of 27% punishes, but they could have been 34%+ and he would have closed out the match and won.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
His combos were so janky too, he could have probably won the match he got eliminated, he got a couple of 27% punishes, but they could have been 34%+ and he would have closed out the match and won.

He already emphasized a while ago that he likes this game, but believes the controls are muddy and somewhat inconsistent, so he shoots for easy to do and effective combos.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I suck at this game and can hit 323 f23 all the time, even online. O_O and those guys on stream and here are way better than me... :confused:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It was weird seeing Aris play because he's like Chris G to MK9 of Injustice. He has very good fundamentals and know his character stage well, but he has difficulty with some MUs as well as doing the simplest things like optimal BnBs.

He didn't know that you were supposed to Forward dash Doomsday's Supernova and he was burning 2 meters in corner combos for like 30~%

MoldMan

Noob
Aris my favroite player now lol

I have turrible with GL since the patch what does you gues suggest doing. I trying blocking but I still get forced ducked

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Motivational post of the day.

Has anyone ever stopped to think about how great DS' wakeup game is? Ever since Flip was buffed to be a legit wakeup, there probably has been no attack that DS cant deal with on wakeup. Sure it's not BA or KF in which they have a single all purpose wakeup move, but it's pretty darn good.

Both of DS' wakeups are 7 frames on startup (Flip and Spin). If the opponent is grounded in front of you, Spin wakeup is safe. If they are jumping in on you, Flip is still a godly anti-air with a huge ass hitbox that hits on both sides of DS and way above him. The opponent just can't really pressure him on wakeup with any move.

A few other silly things. Both Flip and Spin have 2 hits. Screw you MB F3/B3. Flip puts him in the air, so Solomon Grundy players trying to use Walking Corpse on us? Psh, get outta here wit dat. Oh and is Scorpion trying to be clever with his teleport? Lol, Flip and Spin hit on both sides and knock him out of the teleport.

Oh, and if someone tries to jump over you and confuse you with a crossup, Flip and Spin both share the same button command, so you'll get an invincible wakeup either way.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Motivational post of the day.

Has anyone ever stopped to think about how great DS' wakeup game is? Ever since Flip was buffed to be a legit wakeup, there probably has been no attack that DS cant deal with on wakeup. Sure it's not BA or KF in which they have a single all purpose wakeup move, but it's pretty darn good.

Both of DS' wakeups are 7 frames on startup (Flip and Spin). If the opponent is grounded in front of you, Spin wakeup is safe. If they are jumping in on you, Flip is still a godly anti-air with a huge ass hitbox that hits on both sides of DS and way above him. The opponent just can't really pressure him on wakeup with any move.

A few other silly things. Both Flip and Spin have 2 hits. Screw you MB F3/B3. Flip puts him in the air, so Solomon Grundy players trying to use Walking Corpse on us? Psh, get outta here wit dat. Oh and is Scorpion trying to be clever with his teleport? Lol, Flip and Spin hit on both sides and knock him out of the teleport.

Oh, and if someone tries to jump over you and confuse you with a crossup, Flip and Spin both share the same button command, so you'll get an invincible wakeup either way.

Yep, we got Braindead shit. Still rather have old LowShots than a better wake-up though. But I appreciate that we can get out of interactable set-ups with a dumb ass wake-up.

Well, BA and KF has one too so fuck them lol.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Lol, I still felt like stating how amazing DS wakeups are. Idk why it took me so long to notice. It's really quite hard to pressure a downed DS if he knows what he's doing.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Better than most of the cast.

You can block her instant air amazon punch crouching, then punish with 231 and get a free trait activation.

You can get a full combo punish 323 f23 SF into free trait activation mid screen because she is too far away to punish.

Win clash into trait activation or hit super into trait activation because she is too far away to punish.

Her best wakeup attack lasso spin does not fair well against armor F3 either.

You just need to spend the entire match running away using B23F2 and b1u2 f3 323 f23 SF trait.

You can handle her fairly well armor F3 and chipping her to death.

I use WW a lot and my buddy's Dstroke manhandles her, while my Dstroke beats his Dstroke all the time.
are u sure u get a free trait on wonder woman on knockdown?

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
The only MU I feel really hopeless in is, WW/Sinestro/BA/Supes/Batman. They are just all over the screen, minus Sinestro who has a better zoning game than us. BA wrecks me with low lightning and if I try to punish and he is in the air, MB DK and I'm done for.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i really hope they give deathstroke something in the next patch, his rush down is fine as is, his zoning just needs a few tweaks here and there, i believe his MB shots should be safer than they are...i mean c'mon ur spending a bar for a move that isnt even a combo starter, it should be much safer than regular gunshots.

i gotta get used to using DS f23 every time i hitconfirm a d1, its guaranteed unless ur opponent has a super fast move like a parry or something. and the cool thing about f23 is that u don't even have to do the 3 at the end, u can probably do another f2 since there usually gonna expect the 3 at the end

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
The only MU I feel really hopeless in is, WW/Sinestro/BA/Supes/Batman. They are just all over the screen, minus Sinestro who has a better zoning game than us. BA wrecks me with low lightning and if I try to punish and he is in the air, MB DK and I'm done for.

Those are all even matchups if you play them properly, barring Superman.
i gotta get used to using DS f23 every time i hitconfirm a d1, its guaranteed unless ur opponent has a super fast move like a parry or something. and the cool thing about f23 is that u don't even have to do the 3 at the end, u can probably do another f2 since there usually gonna expect the 3 at the end
D1, F23 is something I've been wanting to try, but I've gotten MG to come out on accident before >.<
F2 alone can be dangerous since it's negative though.