What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Well... I haven't thought of it, even though it's so simple. I always psyche myself out with the teleport and limit my gun usage.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Here's a quick vid about the DS / KF MU , let me know if this is useful and if i should add something more , might continue doing this for matchups that you guys have some problems with.

I just tested it, and she can block the b3 if you try to whiff punish her d1 after a slide.

Crathen

Death is my business
I just tested it, and she can block the b3 if you try to whiff punish her d1 after a slide.
Ops i guess record function messed me up , anyways it's not the better option after a blocked slide personally i'd always jump 3 and let her deal with that since it covers pretty much all of her options , d1xx sword spin is my second choice to make her block low or backdash then when they are afraid to do anything i start mixing up with b2 mixups or f3 for good overhead options , i've included the b3 because i thought it was weird lol.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Ops i guess record function messed me up , anyways it's not the better option after a blocked slide personally i'd always jump 3 and let her deal with that since it covers pretty much all of her options , d1xx sword spin is my second choice to make her block low or backdash then when they are afraid to do anything i start mixing up with b2 mixups or f3 for good overhead options , i've included the b3 because i thought it was weird lol.
Actually after testing further, I noticed it's inconsistent. I recorded the ai to do slide and d1 immediately, and block immediately. Sometimes the b3 would hit, sometimes the b3 will be blocked, or sometimes her d1 would hit me. I recorded the video if you wanna see it.

Crathen

Death is my business
Basically if you're inputting quick shot and Ares teleports b1 comes out and hits him so you could do quick shots then U2 so if he teleports he gets hit by the string and comboed. If anyone's talked about this already then sorry:b
After what kind of knockdown is that? I've tried and can't find anything to option select it , it's either i delay the gunshot wayyy too much and let him get up for free ( wich basically makes it a read to get a b1 ) or i do it too early and he can teleport behind me and punish , besides the idea to quickshot on wakeup isn't that good since if they want to block they'll block low making the gunshot whiff.

Crathen

Death is my business
Actually after testing further, I noticed it's inconsistent. I recorded the ai to do slide and d1 immediately, and block immediately. Sometimes the b3 would hit, sometimes the b3 will be blocked, or sometimes her d1 would hit me. I recorded the video if you wanna see it.

That can be because the d1 isn't probably timed well , noticed that too , the record function actually doesn't make you able to make the opponent block so you gotta "figure out" when to input the d1 to come out in the blockstun at the first possible frame while instead the dummy gets hit and you have to input it in the hitstun , messed up i know.

Tested it now and she can always block the b3 if she times the d1 correctly ( while the b3 will make it whiff )

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
That can be because the d1 isn't probably timed well , noticed that too , the record function actually doesn't make you able to make the opponent block so you gotta "figure out" when to input the d1 to come out in the blockstun at the first possible frame while instead the dummy gets hit and you have to input it in the hitstun , messed up i know.

Tested it now and she can always block the b3 if she times the d1 correctly ( while the b3 will make it whiff )
Good thing we tested this further, it was gonna be my go to punish for a blocked slide cause 90% of KF players like to d1 after a slide is blocked.

Crathen

Death is my business
Good thing we tested this further, it was gonna be my go to punish for a blocked slide cause 90% of KF players like to d1 after a slide is blocked.

Personally i go for J3 like 70% of the time until i figure out their habits post slide , it really beats all of her options and if they start doing dumb shit like pre emptive j1 then they open up to d1xx sword spin , b2 , f23 and so on , meaning they're losing their shit.

Anyways what matchup should i analize for you guys next?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
After what kind of knockdown is that? I've tried and can't find anything to option select it , it's either i delay the gunshot wayyy too much and let him get up for free ( wich basically makes it a read to get a b1 ) or i do it too early and he can teleport behind me and punish , besides the idea to quickshot on wakeup isn't that good since if they want to block they'll block low making the gunshot whiff.
It's not on a knockdown. Both players are standing and deathstroke inputs a gunshot and ares teleports but when ares teleports b1 comes out and hits him. If ares doesn't teleport it's a gunshot. So just input df1 u2 whenever you do a quickshot. If he doesn't teleport gunshot happens, if he teleports then he eats a combo

Breaker

~AKUMA~
It's not on a knockdown. Both players are standing and deathstroke inputs a gunshot and ares teleports but when ares teleports b1 comes out and hits him. If ares doesn't teleport it's a gunshot. So just input df1 u2 whenever you do a quickshot. If he doesn't teleport gunshot happens, if he teleports then he eats a combo
That's actually so key in many ways. Does that work with Scorpions teleport as well? I don't have the game at my place right now so I cant lab it *_*

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
That's actually so key in many ways. Does that work with Scorpions teleport as well? I don't have the game at my place right now so I cant lab it *_*
Maybe. The teleports are pretty close in speed so it should. It ought to work with Raven's too.

I have some new footsie tech for DS players but it doesn't really deserve its own thread.

I came up with it yesterday while playing casuals.

So I just started using dash F3 and dash MB F3 about a month ago as a footsie zoning tool.

Then yesterday after my friend caught on to it I started dashing LGS as a mixup since he was just back dashing or holding back to block or totally avoid F3. Was really messing with his head. I know LGS is punishable from the tip of F3 range so I would delay meter burn to frame trap any punish attempts. Just alternating between the F3, LGS, and MB LGS was enough to keep him off balance with punishes. I believe MB LGS is -18 and safe from a lot of moves at that range as well.

Anyway incorporate it into your game and let me know how it works.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
How does Deathstroke fair against Wonder Woman. Can you pretty much pre-empt her air game with guns or is it a problem?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Quick pointless question...

Do DS' clash quotes changed based on his costume? I swear his "maksed" quotes are different from his "unmasked" ones.

I feel like I've only heard him say "You're easy money!" and "Supervillains annoy me!" when masked, and "Got you right where I want you!" and "I bring you the gift of pain!" while he's unmasked.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Quick pointless question...

Do DS' clash quotes changed based on his costume? I swear his "maksed" quotes are different from his "unmasked" ones.

I feel like I've only heard him say "You're easy money!" and "Supervillains annoy me!" when masked, and "Got you right where I want you!" and "I bring you the gift of pain!" while he's unmasked.

Yes. 'cause Insurgency(Alt) was what I mainly used before until The Red Son(Alt) came out and they definitely have different clash quotes.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I have some new footsie tech for DS players but it doesn't really deserve its own thread.

I came up with it yesterday while playing casuals.

So I just started using dash F3 and dash MB F3 about a month ago as a footsie zoning tool.

Then yesterday after my friend caught on to it I started dashing LGS as a mixup since he was just back dashing or holding back to block or totally avoid F3. Was really messing with his head. I know LGS is punishable from the tip of F3 range so I would delay meter burn to frame trap any punish attempts. Just alternating between the F3, LGS, and MB LGS was enough to keep him off balance with punishes. I believe MB LGS is -18 and safe from a lot of moves at that range as well.

Anyway incorporate it into your game and let me know how it works.
I've been doing something similar, I charge f3 and either let it go, or dash up and do b1u2, or dash up and do a f3. I should start doing LGS for character with good back dashes.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yes. 'cause Insurgency(Alt) was what I mainly used before until The Red Son(Alt) came out and they definitely have different clash quotes.
K thx, that's what I thought.

I've been doing something similar, I charge f3 and either let it go, or dash up and do b1u2, or dash up and do a f3. I should start doing LGS for character with good back dashes.

I do this a lot (at least, if I'm understanding correctly). I charge F3 and dash out of it based on their reaction. F3 is just so threatening on hit or block that the opponent just can't afford to take it. If they're playing evasive, you can really start mindgaming them with charging it, and dashing out of it, Street Fighter style.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
K thx, that's what I thought.

I do this a lot (at least, if I'm understanding correctly). I charge F3 and dash out of it based on their reaction. F3 is just so threatening on hit or block that the opponent just can't afford to take it. If they're playing evasive, you can really start mindgaming them with charging it, and dashing out of it, Street Fighter style.
Yea, I try to see how they react to it. Some people also freeze up when you charge a mb f3 or b3 so you can dash up and grab.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
So Martian Manhunter is confirmed, and he has what appears to be two different full screen teleport attacks. Because the first two DLC characters with teleport attacks were really well balanced, right?

Every new DLC character makes my poor Deathstroke want to gouge out his remaining eye. I'm already drowning in a sea of scrubby Scorpions. I don't need the unholy fusion of Batgirl and Dhalsim to start stretcheporting me all day too.

ryublaze

Noob
Does armor activate on b3/f3 if you delay the MB? If so then after a knockdown u could fake a non-armored B3/F3 then MB it right when they wake-up.

gdf

Noob
So Martian Manhunter is confirmed, and he has what appears to be two different full screen teleport attacks. Because the first two DLC characters with teleport attacks were really well balanced, right?

Every new DLC character makes my poor Deathstroke want to gouge out his remaining eye. I'm already drowning in a sea of scrubby Scorpions. I don't need the unholy fusion of Batgirl and Dhalsim to start stretcheporting me all day too.
From what it looks like in Martian Manhunter's department, is that he might have some vulnerability frames post teleport. It might be that punish combos will be the greatest investment for players following this patch.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Watching the video again, the first teleport kick from above appeared to hit overhead. The second one coming from below came after he meter burned a full screen ground hit, and with his eyes glowing. I'm guessing the eye glow is a trait like Raven, that turns on stretch mode and alters some specials. So if we're lucky, the ground teleport will A) only be available as such on MB, B) only work with trait active, and C) hit mid like Aquaman's From the Deep and not low.

Honestly as long as he can't initiate either of them from the air I'm okay with it. That's the main thing about Batgirl's that makes it a nightmare.

EDIT: Nevermind, he does the tele-uppercut again near the end of the video with trait off and without meter burn. Well...still have option C...

In other news, if you watch the video at 1:34 it looks like he air dashes, then meter burns to do a second air dash. What the heck.

gdf

Noob
It would probably be mid(as you say), because NRS has people who really understand fighting games working on it, otherwise that would be broken.

Air specials in this game seem to be very strange, I can't make an informed decision on the whole.