What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I feel like MB guns are nice, but not the only use for meter. Honestly, I find myself sitting on a lot of meter sometimes. Using MB guns in combos just doesn't feel worth it sometimes when you see GL MBing for like double the combo damage he would have got without the MB. Same thing with Super, Batman, and Scorpion. DS gets like 3% more, so when in melee range, I don't always know what to do with my meter.

ryublaze

Noob
I use meter for armored b3/f3 after his hard knockdowns or b22 mb sword spin or mb gunshot. Using 2 bars for mb cancel seems kinda pricey but then again I'm terrible at this game.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Meter burn F3 after a hard knockdown is not a bad idea. Armor through wakeups, get a bounce on hit, frame advantage on block, and crosses up in the right situation? Might well be DS's best move.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Meter burn F3 after a hard knockdown is not a bad idea. Armor through wakeups, get a bounce on hit, frame advantage on block, and crosses up in the right situation? Might well be DS's best move.

It's probably his best normal move yeah. If specials are included, Sword Flip and Low Shots are good contenders.

It's a good option, just be aware of multi-hit wakeups (ironically both of Deathstroke's wakeups, MB Venom, MB Cat Dash). Also, remember that wakeups, whiel you may armor through the attacks, still have invincibility. You might just F3 through the opponent. If you charge it, this isn't a problem.

F3 has huge range, leads to good damage, is massively positive on block thus leading to pressure and mixup options, can hit opponents in the air, and can cross up. Gdlk.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I just picked up DS a week ago and it's been...interesting. First off, I didn't realize how badly NRS nerfed him. Did air guns really need to get hit? The only players who are going to use it correctly are players who can instant air well, not online 'spammers'. Also the meter building nerf was bullshit. I think they need to give him back some things, maybe more block stun on guns, idk.

But so far I enjoy actually having projectiles since I usually play Bane. I like how challenging his combos are to hit online, even though it pisses me off sometimes. His f3 is awesome. Deathstroke is a badass.

What I don't like, though, is the fucking ragers. Hooooly shit, every single time I win people gotta bitch. Even when I lose, they still bitch. I enjoy trolly characters just as much as the next guy (Quan Chi) but this is just annoying now. It's also affecting the amount of games I get in because people either suck and can't get in and quit after a match or just barely beat me, call me a [ban incoming], and then quit. When I play Bane I can actually run sets because people don't get butthurt when I win and they don't get cocky when I lose.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I woulda been fine with a combination of 2 of the 3:

1. Air guns nerf
2. Blockstun nerf
3. Chip nerf

But all 3 was sorta overkill.

Based on the way DS can be played, he will always and forever be a target of hatred. Learn to drink from the fountain of salty tears, and enjoy the hatred as much as you can. I feel ya, when people just refuse to play sets, but you've got ranked in which you HAVE to play the guy you find, and even on player matches you get a good sport sometimes. Gotta see through the bad times mang.

drywall

Noob
Getting hatemail wouldn't be as bad as almost everyone rematching as deathstroke and forcing the worst mirror in the game. Almost as bad as everyone waiting for you to pick first so they can bring out their scrubby counterpick (which also ends up being deathstroke half the time). So now I do 1 game no rematch unless I lose and I feel the opponent is competent with their character.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
That's why I hide my cursor every time. And when they mirror DS, it's a free win. I mean seriously, you're a dedicated DS main. Is some online scrub going to beat you with your main?

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I usually get countered by scrubby Batgirl or Scorpion. If they lose after trying to counterpick by taking a character with teleport they rage then. Scorpion is always a pain in the ass though.

I made top 32 at ceo with the stroker, though i did use ww to get by batgirl counterpick. I lost to pig of the hut in pools and a gl on metrorooftop cheese in top 32 though it was extremely close.

Kinda mad cuz sf came out when i tried to execute armor f3 from crouch and ate 40 percent each time it happened vs the gl. Stroke was totally viable at the tourney but you need a counterpick for his bad matchups.. bg and nw come to mind. Ill write a more detailed explanation monday when i get home.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Here's a quick vid about the DS / KF MU , let me know if this is useful and if i should add something more , might continue doing this for matchups that you guys have some problems with.

This is amazing. We need more of this.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Hey anybody know of any option select shit or something against Ares? I think I found something but idk if anyone's said anything about here.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Hey anybody know of any option select shit or something against Ares? I think I found something but idk if anyone's said anything about here.

Are you talking about when dealing with full screen shenanigans or his knockdown into reset game?

Neutral jump 3 for teleports or fireballs, tech rolls+wakeups for the knockdowns.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Are you talking about when dealing with full screen shenanigans or his knockdown into reset game?

Neutral jump 3 for teleports or fireballs, tech rolls+wakeups for the knockdowns.
Basically if you're inputting quick shot and Ares teleports b1 comes out and hits him so you could do quick shots then U2 so if he teleports he gets hit by the string and comboed. If anyone's talked about this already then sorry:b