What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

MoldMan

Noob
The thing I like about stages like Ferris against Batgirl is that you have a bunch of extra tools with which to bait Smoke Bombs. If you're just chilling out next to the gas cannisters or rocket launcher, the threat that the interactable poses to her grounded approach and the fact that she can punish it with Smoke Bomb makes it really tempting for her to just throw a Smoke Bomb out, and then get punished when you don't use it.
pretty much

Coddfish

Noob
What is the best punish for blocking batgirl and scorps tele? I usually scrub it out and try to sword spin, lol, but it always gets blocked.

The best punish for Batgirl tele is 132 into a combo. I'm not sure about online, but offline at least you have all day to hit 132 before she can block. Scorpion is a bit harder, because you only have a couple of frames where is standing and still recovering, so I think that 323 xx SF during his little flip might be your best option there. Although, you could possibly connect a F3 or B3... I'm not sure, maybe worth looking at.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
What is the best punish for blocking batgirl and scorps tele? I usually scrub it out and try to sword spin, lol, but it always gets blocked.

Both are optimally answered with a 132 combo.

Scorpion's teleport is retarted and has like .1 vulnerability frames after he lands. Getting 132 to hit has a tight window, I'd just go with 323 while he's airborne still.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Don't judge but the Red Son deathstroke outfit makes me Kreygasm.
I will be picking up DS as a sub and will play him as long as there is a red son alt.
Good day gents.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Guys, i'm still new, but I have a question regarding a combo set up. Now I can hit the b1u2 f3 323 f23 swordflip all day long if I time the 323 right, as if I were only doing a 323 f23 swordflip. But often online, due to lag, my imput hits the 323 at a point where DS appears to almost be slashing the enemy way above his head. When that happens I can never hit the f23 swordflip.

In the lab i've been practicing these juggles where DS 323's the target higher above his head, but I can't figure out at what point to input f23 for the life of me. It appears that if I wait for the target to enter the normal motion for the f23 input to connect, it's too late and misses. I'm having a hard time here. Can anyone help me out?
Well thats a new one. Never heard of a guy having ease with F23 but not 323. Lol but im not judging.

Get 323 as low as possible. If you get them too high with 323, F23 will be impossible to connect. I dont really know what else to say other than be a little patient with it, because without waiting a tad bit, you will drop it.

If this feels nicer, you can do B1U2, F3, 1, 323, 12 xx Flip.
The 1 before 323 makes it always connect at the right height. It does the same damage.

Well thats a new one. Never heard of a guy having ease with F23 but not 323. Lol but im not judging.

Get 323 as low as possible. If you get them too high with 323, F23 will be impossible to connect. I dont really know what else to say other than be a little patient with it, because without waiting a tad bit, you will drop it.

If this feels nicer, you can do B1U2, F3, 1, 323, 12 xx Flip.
The 1 before 323 makes it always connect at the right height. It does the same damage.
Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if it was possible because it seemed to be always miss no matter how i timed it according to the screen's motions. I'll start incorporating 1 before 323 as you mentioned. that should be nice! I'll just have to pay more attention with my timing when i'm online as well to avoid a bad 323 juggle.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I love how WNF proves that nobody still knows how to play their matchup against DS. Continued, unabating hate explained, I guess.

drywall

Noob
Does anyone know the total frames on dashing or jumping? I've got 13 frames for forward dash, 18 frames for back dash and about 24 frames for startup on super.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Random realization that I've been getting too darn autopilot lately - I forgot that b1d3 was actually a string. Being -25 on block means I didn't forget anything useful, but hey!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Random realization that I've been getting too darn autopilot lately - I forgot that b1d3 was actually a string. Being -25 on block means I didn't forget anything useful, but hey!

That string may be the most useless one DS has. The only time I think it'd be useful is if you did B1 xx MB F3 to condition your opponent into blocking a low-high mixup regularly, then you decide to whip that string out to throw them for a loop lol.

drywall

Noob
That string may be the most useless one DS has. The only time I think it'd be useful is if you did B1 xx MB F3 to condition your opponent into blocking a low-high mixup regularly, then you decide to whip that string out to throw them for a loop lol.
You can whiff the B1 and tag them low with the D3. It has about as much range as F3. It also looks like a hard knockdown so no one has teched it, but I don't use it more than once per person if that. I wish it was a better move because it's awesome when slade pulls out his sword.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yeah, but 323, Flip, and Spin are all so useful, it really doesn't feel like Slade isn't using his sword enough, at least for me.

B1D3 isn't a hard knockdown though (even though it should be).

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
B1D3 isn't a hard knockdown though (even though it should be).
It's a pretty horrible string, haha. I suppose if it was good he'd have even better mixup, since it'd make MB cancel mixups a lot more legitimately threatening. He probably doesn't need that in his game too...

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I feel like DS players should incorporate MB cancels more into their gameplay. It has a lot of very good options...

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I find I use up most of my meter on MB guns and don't get opportunities for cancels. Makes them a lot harder to get around and the threat of doing it makes people a lot more hesitant to move. Not exactly optimal for damage, but if they never get in...