What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Yes, life got a lot harder for us. I miss the old gunshots too, but remember that the backbone of his game is still there. People who move intelligently will get in sooner or later, and that's when you start your offense. Use guns as a way to make them leave holes and create exploitable patterns, then combo them.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I like to use B2 in the corner because the overhead leads to a full combo with 1 bar.
Yeah, DS's cornering game can pretty much lead to death on anyone. He's got high-low mixups, crossup mixups, a vortex, and an anti-air that says "screw your jumps, get back in the corner with a hard knockdown."

B2 and D1 are pretty fast and can cancel into MB Spin for good damage.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Yeah, DS's cornering game can pretty much lead to death on anyone. He's got high-low mixups, crossup mixups, a vortex, and an anti-air that says "screw your jumps, get back in the corner with a hard knockdown."

B2 and D1 are pretty fast and can cancel into MB Spin for good damage.
Problem is, online you gotta type in the input early to compensate for lag delay and if they are blocking, you are about to get punished. :(

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Problem is, online you gotta type in the input early to compensate for lag delay and if they are blocking, you are about to get punished. :(

If you mean the MB Sword Spin, normal spin is safe on block, and even online, you can probably react to your opponent getting hit before the window to MB the Spin is over. Just do D1/B2 xx Spin, and hit MB if you notice your opponent getting hit.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Wow, 2 weeks of messing around with other characters messed up my DS game. I played yesterday against Foxy and this morning against Qwark, and it's as if I completely forgot how to play DS.

Although I learned a few things:

Against WW, make sure you react with StGS as much as possible to shut her air game down. and beware of OTG Divekick, punish with StGS or MB

Against Scorpion, teleport on read and reaction can be blown up with Aerial 3 into combo. Don't be afraid to jump a lot vs him because he's not hitting you with his Aerial 3 any time soon with your Aerial 3 outranging him, AirGS and Sword Flip.

Just a few things I picked up on on a set of a few matches. Screw Superman I'm going to stick with DS from now on. For better or worse.

(But I will have Supes on pocket and Scorp as well)

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I love DS so much, but GL is so much easier to play online. I can throw out LM on reaction and if I got a meter that is an easy 30+%. and his slide kick into LM is SO GOOD., but I loveeeeeeeee DS so much more than GL, but I feel that I work 10 times as hard with DS and get 1% of the amount of wins, lol.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Also maybe because my only starters are b3 MB, f3, and j3 that I feel limited, lol, but f23 after 323 is such a pain in the ass to try to link online.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Also maybe because my only starters are b3 MB, f3, and j3 that I feel limited, lol, but f23 after 323 is such a pain in the ass to try to link online.

It takes practice, but it's achievable online, even to a consistent extent.
Add B1U2 to your list of starters, and 132 as a punish. 323 is good for footsies.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Hawkgirl has given me some trouble m right now batgirl is my worst enemy!
Batgirl and Scorp have been a NIGHTMARE for me and since they are both relatively new, everyone picks them and just wrecks my soul. I don't even bother logging on past 12am because all the pros are online and just wreck me, haha.

MoldMan

Noob
Batgirl and Scorp have been a NIGHTMARE for me and since they are both relatively new, everyone picks them and just wrecks my soul. I don't even bother logging on past 12am because all the pros are online and just wreck me, haha.
I can roll scrops easy. Its batgirl...gr.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
One of the big things to beating Batgirl and Scorpion is to make them nervous about chucking teleports at you. It's easier to do against Batgirl than it Scorpion, since MB teleport from Scorpion is still safe, but back off the guns until they actually respect your ability to punish. They're start moving a little more honestly once you make it clear that you're not going to eat random teleport, and that gives you ways to start being obnoxious.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Batgirl may be DS's worst matchup.
By far. He has zero answers for her. If she goes for reset combos instead of knockdowns, she doesn't even have to contend with his wakeups. DS is one of the characters who can't squirrel out of her frame traps, either.

MoldMan

Noob
By far. He has zero answers for her. If she goes for reset combos instead of knockdowns, she doesn't even have to contend with his wakeups. DS is one of the characters who can't squirrel out of her frame traps, either.
Yea i try pick a stage with favorable interatables

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm not sure there are favorable interactables against Batgirl. How are you going to use anything when the bitch can land on your head at will from anywhere on the screen? Armored Atlantis pumps, maybe.

MoldMan

Noob
I'm not sure there are favorable interactables against Batgirl. How are you going to use anything when the bitch can land on your head at will from anywhere on the screen? Armored Atlantis pumps, maybe.
Somtimes i can land those rockets in the ferris stage.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Theorycraft says that Atlantis is your best bet

The problem with Ferris is that it's a zoner's stage, and Batgirl fears no zoners. Missiles, tools, canisters, turbines, you name it, she'll MB smoke bomb your ass.

Coddfish

Noob
The thing I like about stages like Ferris against Batgirl is that you have a bunch of extra tools with which to bait Smoke Bombs. If you're just chilling out next to the gas cannisters or rocket launcher, the threat that the interactable poses to her grounded approach and the fact that she can punish it with Smoke Bomb makes it really tempting for her to just throw a Smoke Bomb out, and then get punished when you don't use it.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
What is the best punish for blocking batgirl and scorps tele? I usually scrub it out and try to sword spin, lol, but it always gets blocked.