What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Crathen

Death is my business
AR only use is for covering lotsa space , it being faster means it's easier to catch someone mid dash for a decent chunk of damage , it's also decent to cover air space with the EX version especially against air dash characters like Killer Frost / Superman / Wonderwoman , say that they jump at 2-3 character distance predicting a gunshot , normally they'll combo punish your whiffed gunshot but using AR allows you to react to their jump and hit the MB for the granade that will AA them.

In a way it's similar to Batmans' batarang into EX if they jump it , difference being batarangs on block still give him huge frame advantage and deal 4% chip damage while DS does 2% and it's always at frame disadvantage ( unless on hit ofc ) , if the first 3 hits dealt 0.60 chip per bullet i'd be a use worthy move.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
So has anyone noticed any changes for DS, im just worried they nerfed him again

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
What buff? People keep talking about buffs, but nobody says what they are, aside from a possible AR startup buff

Rumored buffs I've heard so far...

Less recovery time on Air Quick Fire
Less startup on Assault Rifle
Red Son Deathstroke

Coddfish

Noob
Assault Rifle definitely feels faster, although I'm not sure that it is.

It can't reversal punish Scorp's teleport or slide kick, which are both -21 on block.

Frame data says AR is 23 startup, which is what it was before IIRC, but I could be wrong. The rest of Slade's frame data (and presumably others') seems to fixed now - it says Flip is -25, Spin is -6, Low Shots -24, etc. Consistent with what we've been testing, and definitely different to the previous numbers.

EDIT

I hope someone else can confirm this, but it seems like Sword Flip is wakeup invincible now? Or Scorpion's oki attacks are just really really garbage. I'll keep testing.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Assault Rifle definitely feels faster, although I'm not sure that it is.

It can't reversal punish Scorp's teleport or slide kick, which are both -21 on block.

Frame data says AR is 23 startup, which is what it was before IIRC, but I could be wrong. The rest of Slade's frame data (and presumably others') seems to fixed now - it says Flip is -25, Spin is -6, Low Shots -24, etc. Consistent with what we've been testing, and definitely different to the previous numbers.

EDIT

I hope someone else can confirm this, but it seems like Sword Flip is wakeup invincible now? Or Scorpion's oki attacks are just really really garbage. I'll keep testing.

I just wet myself. You're right. Flip has INVULNERABILITY FRAMES NOW.

PRAISE THE DS BUFFS!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Are you sure about this?

100%

I did testing back when I was making my "Knowing Your Arsenal" post about Sword Flip, using Low Shots to see if I could beat out a wakeup Flip. I could. Every time.

I then tested it against Killer Frost's Black Ice, and I couldn't stop her. You get these little sparks telling you you've hit an invincible target, and they were popping up all over KF. I couldn't get them to appear on DS using Flip to wake up.

I just tested this now, I tried Low Shots and Quick Fire, both made those orange sparks appear.

Coddfish

Noob
Dammit.

And the Spin data is still wrong. From our testing, it's -7.

Testing:
3 is -6, can't be punished by Flash's Flying Uppercut
Sword Spin is -7, because it CAN be

Hah, you're right. Oh dear.
At least they fixed MOST of the frame data? :/