What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Sa
You know, it'd be cool if they reverted it back, but nerfed it by like, 2-3 frames. Just so it wouldn't be THAT punishable, but I can see why, he covers a lot of horizontal space that most characters can't. He's like Guile on steroids in terms of controlling space. That's the way I see it at least.
he is more like sagat to me, lol.

ryublaze

Noob
Yo stroke buddies I think this is known but in the corner after a b3 or MB b3 they get launched out of the corner but you can still keep them in the corner with b3, jump back 3, 323, f23 sword flip or easier with b3, jump back 3, d2, 323, f23 sword flip. If this is known then nvm, but we should compile all this info into one post.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yo stroke buddies I think this is known but in the corner after a b3 or MB b3 they get launched out of the corner but you can still keep them in the corner with b3, jump back 3, 323, f23 sword flip or easier with b3, jump back 3, d2, 323, f23 sword flip. If this is known then nvm, but we should compile all this info into one post.

I knew this, but it's important to know. Jb1 and 2 works too and is a bit more combo friendly than Jb3, but Jb3 does more damage.

b222
d3
throw
flip
low spin
f3 ( only in a combo )
Super

Fixed it ;)

Ding ding ding. Answer is 10 (if you seperate forward and back throws).

Cookie - :) :) for Crathen

Coddfish

Noob
After another long set vs Batgirl, in which I went 11-70, I've changed my mind. I'm with Killzone, that shit is 10-0.

Not really, but this matchup (and that character in general) is starting to piss me off more and more.

You basically can't fight her at range, at all. The risk/reward on any sort of gunshot is garbage - at most you get 17% damage, if she does something really bad and gets tagged by MB Quick Shot. But this is rare, and generally, it's a trade between 1-2% chip if you guess right, and you eating a Smoke Bomb or Bola if you guess wrong. Even if you trade LGS with Bola (even MB LGS!), she gets a free combo because the bola stun is so long. At range, your only real option seems to be to close in on her safely - not too hard, but don't think even think about trying to zone her. It won't work.

Which would be fine, if she weren't such a pain in the ass up close. Her frame traps seem to be generally really good, and seem to counter pretty much all of DS escape options. If she's really in your face, most of her mixups will tag backdash attempts, so you pretty much have to guess your way out of them, and there doesn't seem to be enough time in most of her frame traps to armor bounce your way out. If you want to jab your way out, her overhead hops over D1, and her low ducks her under 1/F2. Footsie range doesn't seem to work either, because her B1 low has deceptive range, even outranging Stroke's 3. And if you want to play footsies with her, you always have to respect Smoke Bomb, which seems really good at whiff punishing pokes.

If you get some momentum going, it's hard to keep it up thanks to DS lack of standing reset options and Babs' really good wakeup options. You can't really pressure her on wakeup - Flying Bat will beat any non-armored move, and either beat or get her out of the way of most jumpins. If she Flying Bats her way out of a crossup, you can sometimes whiff punish it, but it seems to be quite hard and possibly spacing dependant. Flying Bat will also go THROUGH both B3 and F3, making them whiff completely. You can sometimes catch Flying Bat with armor B3 if you charge it, but again, this seems to be range dependent and kind of finnicky. She also had Bat Wheel, which seems to be invincible on wakeup, and will break armor. Wakeup Smoke Bomb seems to beat most jumpin attempts, and will get her out of vortexes, and even if you cross her up and her inputs get reversed, she'll either get Flying Bat or Bat Wheel, both of them good, invincible wakeups.

I honestly just don't know how to fight her, at any range.

ALSO
She makes me mad because she seems to something of a jack of all trades like DS, but with so many more options. Her zoning is okay-ish, because the threat of Smoke Bomb makes counter zoning and jumping really hard, forcing people to approach her slowly along the ground. Her mixup game is leaps and bounds better than Stroke's, safe 50/50s, meterless reset vortex, good options to start pressure off counterpokes. And then, on top of that, she gets combo extenders on ALL her MB moves (DS gets one, and its corner only), and three really good invincible wakeups. I hate this character so, so much. I'm tempted to play her myself, she just seems like a better version of Slade in a lot of ways :/

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Batgirl is starting to tick me off more. Maybe we can whine and get her nerfed too? :p

Anyhoo, more seriously now, that teleport is SO irritating. Like, it gives her the freedom to jump around coming in. Ya cant do anything about it other than Flip. Don't bother with air guns. If she sees you jump, she WILL smoke bomb MB combo your ass. Stick to ground guns ONLY. And sheesh, if those aren't easy to get around if you can just JUMP AROUND all day.

According to Maximillian, you can wakeup out of her bolo. This is news to me though, I must confirm in training mode.

It also bugs me at how many wakeups she has. I swear, when I wakeup pressure a Batgirl, they literally go "whoops, didn't mean to wake up with that move, but that works!"

Don't ditch Slade though. He does have qualities that she doesn't. Longer ranged normals, better zoning (not counter zoning), and as far as I currently know, more damaging combos. If anything though, Slade is better at making people online throw their controllers at their grandmothers. That's always a nice thing.

But yes, Batgirl is mean to us. Heck, I'm pretty sure NRS went to training mode and picked a CPU DS and said "Let's design a character that counters ALL his moves!" They literally called her "The counter zoner" when revealed. It's gonna be a rough ride.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Definitely DS's worst match. Don't worry, though, she'll get nerfed. Anybody who thinks she's not the best character in the game right now is fooling themselves.

Coddfish

Noob
I'm not ditching Slade just yet, just getting frustrated with Babs and wanted to vent/see if others had found ways around her stuff that I haven't. Counter zoning is fine, Ares and Raven do a good job of that. But like you said, Batgirl seems like she was specifically designed to counter DS. Another reason why balance patches before DLC is out are a stupid idea.

It annoys me that we get told (and assume ourselves) that certain potential buffs to Slade would be too good - like making Flip wakeup invincible, or giving him combo extender MBs - but nobody looks twice when Batgirl gets all this and more.

I think it's hilarious they felt the need to nerf characters (not just DS and not just patch 1.03) and then release something like Batgirl. She's a recipe for top tier in any fighting game. She can do everything. She's Batman with preptime. A standing reset, stagger strings that are way plus on hit and safe 50/50 starters, that all flow together endlessly? What the actual fuck. Why does a character so good up close (too good IMO but w/e) even have a counter-zoning tool, ugh. Apparently people think the range on those 50/50 normals are poor. HA. Cleatly haven't seen our F2. Her overhead is pretty average and her low has good range. Even then range doesn't matter with all those safe jumps and a standing reset. And I'm guessing there won't be a casual shitstorm over her because it isn't as easy as with DS' guns to see why she's powerful. And that jumping 2, oh my shit. NJ2 blows up all of Deathstroke's wakeups (if for some reason you got knocked down that is).

Coddfish

Noob
Weird. I'm fairly certain sword flip just crossed up in the corner on the last hit. Not sure how.
It does this sometimes anywhere on screen if you hit a crouching small character from close range with it. Sadly, the blockstun on it makes it too risky to use as a cheeky gimmick :(

Definitely DS's worst match. Don't worry, though, she'll get nerfed. Anybody who thinks she's not the best character in the game right now is fooling themselves.
I'd like to think otherwise. You can feel when batgirl will go for a teleport. Just shoot your guns a few times and they will bite! Then you can get a mean punish on her. I like to rush her down when I can and bait the wake up teleports. But most batgirls I've played for some reason don't rush and rather wait and try to catch me with a teleport.

I will spit on your tomb!

Weird. I'm fairly certain sword flip just crossed up in the corner on the last hit. Not sure how.
In corner when you get a knock down, before the opponent stands up, do a sword flip and it will cross up. It's a fun cheap trick which you can use to your advantage.

I will spit on your tomb!

ryublaze

Noob
So ji3 is -2 on block right? Is it possible to do ji3 and do standing 3 to whiff punish their low poke if they try to interrupt after ji3? ji3 and 3 seem to have pretty good range. Also another scrubby thing I've been doing is after a blocked ji3 I would crossover into another ji3 which punishes their low poke.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So ji3 is -2 on block right? Is it possible to do ji3 and do standing 3 to whiff punish their low poke if they try to interrupt after ji3? ji3 and 3 seem to have pretty good range. Also another scrubby thing I've been doing is after a blocked ji3 I would crossover into another ji3 which punishes their low poke.
frame disadvantage is height dependent

Coddfish

Noob
She can't, according to the safety chart.
I can confirm this, she can't. I also don't think it's humanly possible to Smoke Bomb out of the way of gunshots on reaction, so the only way she's going to punish gunshot is by reading it. Still, the trade off between your good read and her good read is a pretty good deterrent from using gunshots at all :(