What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Heaton

NO MONEY DOWN
If she jumps any gun and you whiff, you're eating teleport.
If she ducks Quick Fire and you whiff, you're eating teleport.
If you do Air Quick Fire and you whiff, you're eating teleport.
If you get a hard knock down and decide to do Low Shots for "guaranteed" chip, you're eating a teleport.

Don't fucking use guns against Batgirl unless you know without a shadow of a doubt that she is at least going to block your guns. The risk reward is always at least even, and totally skewed in her favor when she has meter.

She can also teleport out of the Flying Ninja and Corner of Death vortexes. With the Flying Ninja, you usually mutually whiff, and I'm not sure if you recover fast enough or in range for a punish. With the Corner of Death, you're just eating a combo because the hitbox of teleport is slightly larger than the entire cast's hurtboxes combined. This is especially a problem with the Corner of Death, because no matter if you decide to cross-up or not, the input of the teleport (down, down) ensures that she's getting teleport regardless of what you do.

In general, chill the fuck out if you get a hard knock down. She has enough invincibility on teleport and shoryuken to beat out anything you want to do, and in the former case, potentially full combo your ass for it. As stated earlier, this applies to vortexes and Low Shot "guaranteed chip" as well.

There are a few caveats. Certain interactibles (Aslyum Ivy Flower, Airfield Left Corner Giant Fucking Metal Pendulum Thing) have really good hitboxes above you, and can be used to make teleporting a less viable option for her. Abuse the fuck out of these when you can.

Something else you can do if you're full screen and have the life lead. Hold back and wait for her to do d,b+1. It's a high projectile that you can Low Shot under on reaction, but I tend to have the easiest time when I'm already holding back and can just press down to have it come out as fast as possible.

Take all of this advice with a grain of salt. Or preferably a few metric fucktons of salt, because this match-up makes me the saltiest man on Earth.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
You can block her than I sword combo her:)
Random smoke bomb is not the problem. Punish smoke bomb into full combo is. Full combo off trade bola. Standing resets. Good mixup. Best wakeups in the game. Excellent mobility. You'll never win a clash against her. She has absolutely everything. Ridiculous character.

MoldMan

Noob
Random smoke bomb is not the problem. Punish smoke bomb into full combo is. Full combo off trade bola. Standing resets. Good mixup. Best wakeups in the game. Excellent mobility. You'll never win a clash against her. She has absolutely everything. Ridiculous character.
True. Luckily ive only met one good batgirl so far

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
It's cus NRS get too exited when designing their characters and end up giving them too many tools. I thought they'd learnt their lesson since MK but sadly, no. We're back to a handful of S tier characters shitting all over 90% of the roster...

Now don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have a full roster of S tier characters (which is what NRS basically said this game would be several months before release - heck it was why I was so hype for this game in the first place) but when they nerf some characters dirt out the game (to the point of ruining the character's metagame) and then release a new one with even greater levels of bull-fuckery (seriously, who thought Bat-girl needed a counter zoning tool AND a projectile AND excellent rush down?), it makes me wonder what the hell NRS is playing at. Either give me full roster of S tier or balance this shit properly and remove everyone's dirt.

This game was fine on release. It's not any more.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It's cus NRS get too exited when designing their characters and end up giving them too many tools. I thought they'd learnt their lesson since MK but sadly, no. We're back to a handful of S tier characters shitting all over 90% of the roster...

Now don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have a full roster of S tier characters (which is what NRS basically said this game would be several months before release - heck it was why I was so hype for this game in the first place) but when they nerf some characters dirt out the game (to the point of ruining the character's metagame) and then release a new one with even greater levels of bull-fuckery (seriously, who thought Bat-girl needed a counter zoning tool AND a projectile AND excellent rush down?), it makes me wonder what the hell NRS is playing at. Either give me full roster of S tier or balance this shit properly and remove everyone's dirt.

This game was fine on release. It's not any more.
Deathstroke's dirt wasn't removed. He still has his vortexes which are the cornerstone of his dirt at the moment.

His zoning sucks though.

I'd also like to point out that every character SHOULD have a lot of tools. The real problem is that some characters have very few tools or have a lot of shitty ones.(see Noob Saibot)

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Deathstroke's dirt wasn't removed. He still has his vortexes which are the cornerstone of his dirt at the moment.

His zoning sucks though.

I'd also like to point out that every character SHOULD have a lot of tools. The real problem is that some characters have very few tools or have a lot of shitty ones.(see Noob Saibot)
I think the groundwork for most characters playstyle is till there in this game, but what those characters need are the right buffs to help them, Im just worried that NRS wont realise what those buffs are

ryublaze

Noob
How do you strokers pressure with DS? I'm trying standing 3 then f3 and mix with b1u2 and some b22. I think they can back dash on reaction after standing 3 into f3 but idk.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
How do you strokers pressure with DS? I'm trying standing 3 then f3 and mix with b1u2 and some b22. I think they can back dash on reaction after standing 3 into f3 but idk.
you can't buff deathstroke x10

(use f.23 to stay positive, try stuff like d.2, 3, b.1 b.2 after f.23 or f.3 etc)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Wtf is this wizardry? Dem dashes into the missile corner hitting are LOL.
I've been doing this with other stages on the bounce away explosive hazards, I have no idea how good it really is though. Ferris stage looks made for Stroking though!

How do you guys feel about his super? Why is the start up so slow? Is it good for kill shots if you can get a situation where you can't clash?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I've been doing this with other stages on the bounce away explosive hazards, I have no idea how good it really is though. Ferris stage looks made for Stroking though!

How do you guys feel about his super? Why is the start up so slow? Is it good for kill shots if you can get a situation where you can't clash?

Are you saying you can do this with satchel bombs? Cuz if that's tru... I got some work to do.

Super is meh. Stupid long startup, average damage, you can get a really tight (tight as in strict timing on the links) combo for 52%, which is some of the highest non-stage damage DS can do, but I dont use it much. The best use IMO is unclashable damage. 32 almost always combos into the super if you ever need to.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Are you saying you can do this with satchel bombs? Cuz if that's tru... I got some work to do.

Super is meh. Stupid long startup, average damage, you can get a really tight (tight as in strict timing on the links) combo for 52%, which is some of the highest non-stage damage DS can do, but I dont use it much. The best use IMO is unclashable damage. 32 almost always combos into the super if you ever need to.
Sort of. I don't know how much time they have to move or counter. If they have no window or a small one this could be huge since he can effectively trap you in the corner with no escape. I think ones like Watchtower might be similar with the fires.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Sort of. I don't know how much time they have to move or counter. If they have no window or a small one this could be huge since he can effectively trap you in the corner with no escape. I think ones like Watchtower might be similar with the fires.

I'm pretty sure the bombs dont knock up if you OTG someone though.
The watchtower fires are most likely the same as any corner interactable. I just hate the flame down by the reactor though. Thing does 3% with no combo opportunity. Waddafack is the point?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Here's a interaction combo with the first part of Watch Tower, it's on the far left side next to the jet, and this starts with a cross up f3.

I'll start with the usual shit into the set up:

b1u2, f3, 323, f23~Swordflip. cross up f3, 1, 3~interactable (34% off the interactable)

So a guaranteed 65% combo in the corner, 66% if you add gunshot chip, or walk in for a free mix up.

Matix218

Get over here!
Just picked up DS and I have a question. When do you want to activate trait? Is there ever a safe window of time to activate trait or is is always risky?

Heaton

NO MONEY DOWN
Just picked up DS and I have a question. When do you want to activate trait? Is there ever a safe window of time to activate trait or is is always risky?

Basically never. I can't think of a time where using trait is a better idea than comboing and getting damage.

Post-patch, the only safe way to activate trait is d+2 ~ 4. But again, you could combo and get guaranteed damage off of d+2, instead of activating trait, maybe getting damage, and then dealing with roughly 5 seconds of having no guns.

Matix218

Get over here!
Basically never. I can't think of a time where using trait is a better idea than comboing and getting damage.

Post-patch, the only safe way to activate trait is d+2 ~ 4. But again, you could combo and get guaranteed damage off of d+2, instead of activating trait, maybe getting damage, and then dealing with roughly 5 seconds of having no guns.
Got it, I was basically never using it because it didn't seem worth it and it sounds like its not.

Thanks!