What's new

I am Your Fears Personified- Scarecrow Combo Thread

If you wanna combo into super with a crazy wall/trait combo use

Jump 3, air down back 3, 2, 2, down 2, traumatize, back 3, down 2, super.

Last I tried I think it did 780 default gear

Also, this combo can be used without wasting 4 meters by switching super with f2, dbf3

Last edited:

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
This may be common knowledge, and correct me if this is wrong, but:

Unless you can hit confirm and be sure to launch with the second hit of scythe spin, allowing the third hit to land has been more advantageous for me for a couple of reasons. One being that the third hit will allow you to see if its going to be block and backdash for some extra space.

The second reason, and I think more important reason, is that there's a small gap between the second and third hit of the scythe spin. I took this in to practice and tested against the faster special move reversals (Lantern's Might) fast reversals with weird hitboxes (Batman's Slide), and even some more defensive reversals (Willpower Wall). I found that the gap will allow the opponent's move to start up, but will hit before their active hitboxes start. So, even if your opponent block your string and the beginning of the scythe spin, the third hit will still connect, allowing you to hit confirm that and bounce them for a juggle. Keep in mind that this works better while moving forward during the scythe spin.

Now, your opponent can make a read on this and use MB B3, or armor to get out of this, but this will open up headgames where you can back away during the scythe spin after the first hit if they're blocking and keep in optimal range.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
on the first combo, you can do a 2nd 11 rep, but i dropped it on 3 straight recordings and just said to hell with it.

Last edited:
Cheetah's command grab is impossible to do in her combos for me so hopefully Scarecrow is easier for me.

Can someone write down some general BNBs for Scarecrow? I'm pretty noob, but I rather not watch videos while I practice in training mode. Reading the inputs online is easier. thx

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Cheetah's command grab is impossible to do in her combos for me so hopefully Scarecrow is easier for me.

Can someone write down some general BNBs for Scarecrow? I'm pretty noob, but I rather not watch videos while I practice in training mode. Reading the inputs online is easier. thx
In a nutshell:

F13/B12/12, MBDB1, B3, J3, F21, DBD3

You can end combos in a number of ways. F213 is good for being plus on block and going in. DBF3 does the most damage. mbBF1 is great if you have trait up.

TRVP6GXD

Noob

If this is not optimal can anyone give me advice on how to optimize it further?
I was told to use JI3 instead of JI2 but then it makes the timing for the F21 really strict.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane

I was told to use JI3 instead of JI2 but then it makes the timing for the F21 really strict.
You have to jump late when using J3 to get the F21 to connect at a height that will connect the command grab.
I like to wait until the opponent has reached the top height of the bounce to jump, then hit J3.

You could also end that combo with F213. You get great hit advantage off of it to continue pressure. However, if you're going for damage, command grab is the ender to go with. Basically use whatever you want for the situation.

Also, how the heck do you get the Scarecrow banner under your avatar?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Max damage midscreen bnb with 1 meter

Starter~db1~ff~mb, b3, j3, f13~dbf3

Higher execution than f21 at the end. If you're having trouble getting f13 at the end to connect, slightly delay your b3 and j3. You'll figure it out.

F13 is also the max damage starter for this.

Honestly I just do j2, f13. Super easy to connect, and f13 does more damage than f21, so it helps make up for the damage you lose by not doing j3, f21. I'll take absolute consistency over a small pittance of extra damage any day.

ErmacMKX

Noob
Any tips on hitting b3 after db1mb consistently. It's such an important part of his game and I keep missing it.

Any tips on hitting b3 after db1mb consistently. It's such an important part of his game and I keep missing it.
Same problem, it's so inconsistent I'm thinking about dropping Scarecrow and picking up Swamp thing. Maybe I'm just bad, but that b3 is so hit and miss for me, I lose alot of matches because of it.

@BxA Ragnarök do you think they will give Scarecrow more things to tick throw off of kind of like Kotal Khan had in MKX or do you think they want it to be a little more difficult for the scarecrow player seeing as his range is kinda crazy? I really liked tick throwing fools online kinda wanted a character to give me that feel of satisfaction lol