What's new

I am Your Fears Personified- Scarecrow Combo Thread

Not a combo but a cool little setup in the corner. This obviously isn't in a practical combo, but I'm sure some of you guys could fit in 123.

NOTE: Since 123 does not end in a hard knockdown, they can tech roll this and use a invincible wakeup. However you could also just not attack after the teleport, and then punish setting up a bit of a mind game.

UPR_Nova

Noob

Not a combo but a cool little setup in the corner. This obviously isn't in a practical combo, but I'm sure some of you guys could fit in 123.

NOTE: Since 123 does not end in a hard knockdown, they can tech roll this and use a invincible wakeup. However you could also just not attack after the teleport, and then punish setting up a bit of a mind game.
Also try ending combos with 22f3. It has some good timing that works pretty well. I would assume that the f1 is basically a corpse hop and the hit box on that beast coupled with the active frames allows this. I haven't explored all of the knockdown options personally but I thought I should share the string I've been having success with. Great find BTW!!!

UPR_Nova

Noob
Unrelated to the above, the MB db2 shenanigans are ridiculous. Catch them once trying to poke or armor out with the MB db2 into f2 command grab and then you're free to command grab after the plus frames. Standing 3 stuff in the corner, f2, d3, ability to cancel the chain spin for pseudo safety and on and on. Awesome character and loads of fun!

Alright, so I have been using.

Meterless

F21~11 DB3 (For hitting the 11s after the pause, I find it helps to hold back for a little and then let go to hit the neutral 1s)
F21~11 DBF3 (when I can hit it geez)
D2-F21-BF1
12-DB1

1 Meter
B221-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1
F13-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1 (Good distance attack)
B12-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1 (Starts off with a fast low)
11-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1 (Fast, safe on block lights)

2 Meter
B221-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F21-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1
F13-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1
B12-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1
11-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1

I highly recommend you use your trait before using these 2 meters because MB the BF1 gives you so much trait.
But here is a kicker though.

B221-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1 MB
F13-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1 MB
B12-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1 MB
11-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1 MB

This pattern of mixing up your lows and fast attacks and attacks with reach, for 2 meters gets you your entire trait bar in a short combo. It's pretty insane.

Ah and for shits and giggles.

X-Ray

F21-X-Ray

Yeah...Scarecrow doesn't seem to have a whole lot of good X-ray combos. Since he only has like one knock up combo and the primary one uses the meter so. You shouldn't have meter anyway, the hook is insane.

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8

Ji2.b221.Traumatize.trait.b12.db3.MB.ji1.db3.11.11.dbf3

Little corner juggle, was looking to peak damage while keeping trait active. For fun.
Of course this isn't optimal and could be tweaked.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Do you guys know how to konvert F13 when you hit them as they are starting up their jump? I've gotten that enough times but I don't know what the better thing to do is...

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
2 Meter
B221-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F21-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1
F13-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1
B12-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1
11-DB1 MB-B3-J2-F12-BF1 MB-F3-F21-BF1
Doesn't the BF1 MB end the combo? It's the gas restand from the hook grab, what's the F3 after?
Is it on block? Because F3 on block is -18 or smth.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
You may be able to get a j3 instead of a j2 for more damage, been watching some combo videos and it seems that's what most are doing.
youre right, but i feel like the j3 in 3 rep combos leave a lot more room for error compared to j2, also i dont know why i got such high damage, on that with no gear on when i restarted practice it went back to regular numbers again.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Do you guys know how to konvert F13 when you hit them as they are starting up their jump? I've gotten that enough times but I don't know what the better thing to do is...
I've gotten that a few times as well. Mid match, I simply went with two d1s into command grab because I didn't expect that. I know in the corner, some pretty decent damage comes from multiple standing 2s so I would venture to guess that, if you hit then with the f13 and they end up right above your head, something like 2, 2, 123 xx bf1 or dbf3. I'm gonna take this into the lab. Thank you for bringing this up!

UPR_Nova

Noob
Thanks! And after messing around with it more, I think can also do this off of other strings, it just relies on your ability to meaty F1 like you mentioned. I'll definitely want to try some of those HKD strings when I get home and see if it works with any of those, cause that could make this SUPER scary to deal with.
I've noticed 123 provides potential in the corner as well!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I've gotten that a few times as well. Mid match, I simply went with two d1s into command grab because I didn't expect that. I know in the corner, some pretty decent damage comes from multiple standing 2s so I would venture to guess that, if you hit then with the f13 and they end up right above your head, something like 2, 2, 123 xx bf1 or dbf3. I'm gonna take this into the lab. Thank you for bringing this up!
Yeah.. D1 into dbf3 is what I've done too as a follow up. I think it seems the most natural. I tried to see if I kan do other stuff but sometimes they're above my head and other times they're in front of me.

Doesn't the BF1 MB end the combo? It's the gas restand from the hook grab, what's the F3 after?
Is it on block? Because F3 on block is -18 or smth.
I thought it reset at the time, but I was wrong lol. You can just say it's an example of how to get a full trait bar. You basically can do one of your One Bar combos and then MB the BF1 and it will give you almost a full trait bar after one combo. Massively useful.

I also managed to be able to start using the crow move on my scarecrow, which is massively useful as well. But I don't know if it changes any combo mechanics, but gives you a nice projectile that you wouldn't have otherwise

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
Toying with some MidScreen Combos utilizing Traumatize.

B12 - Traumatize - F - Trait - b12 - db1- MB - b3 - Ji2 - f13 - dbf3 (590.91)

Rinse repeat with different starters

F13- Traumatize - F - Trait - b12 - db1- MB - b3 - Ji2 - f13 - dbf3 (604.22)

B223 - Traumatize - F - Trait - b12 - db1- MB - b3 - Ji2 - f13 - dbf3 (575.59)

B223 feels a little inconsistent, but was able to land on a smaller frame character. However the dummy lands to far to connect with the first Death Spin Hit.

Damage could be further optimized with ji3 instead of ji2

JI2 is easier if you're trying to B3 and combo into Traumatize. It can be done with JI3 however, just requires a later jump.

Overall, Ji3 is going to net you the most damage so I'd recommend just practicing with that.

UPR_Nova

Noob
I've noticed that ending combos in f2 xx dbf3 rather than f21 xx dbf3 is more consistent and only results in a loss of around 1%, depending upon the combo. Just a thought for those that don't like the f21 ender.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Toying with some MidScreen Combos utilizing Traumatize.

B12 - Traumatize - F - Trait - b12 - db1- MB - b3 - Ji2 - f13 - dbf3 (590.91)

Rinse repeat with different starters

F13- Traumatize - F - Trait - b12 - db1- MB - b3 - Ji2 - f13 - dbf3 (604.22)

B223 - Traumatize - F - Trait - b12 - db1- MB - b3 - Ji2 - f13 - dbf3 (575.59)

B223 feels a little inconsistent, but was able to land on a smaller frame character. However the dummy lands to far to connect with the first Death Spin Hit.

Damage could be further optimized with ji3 instead of ji2
Awesome combos.
I'm loving Scarecrow right now. So much fun.

Just a note, if you're fighting a zoner and wanna keep things midscreen with a HKD end with F213 over F21xDBF+3. What I've been doing against Deadshot & Fate.
I like F213 as an ender, period. It's enough frame advatage+spacing where you can ambiguously back off/go in or trait.