What's new

I am Your Fears Personified- Scarecrow Combo Thread

Same problem, it's so inconsistent I'm thinking about dropping Scarecrow and picking up Swamp thing. Maybe I'm just bad, but that b3 is so hit and miss for me, I lose alot of matches because of it.
After tinkering around with it, the easiest way is to dash and then meterburn the spin on the second hit, by inputting ff+RT as soon as the db1 animation starts. Scarecrow will do a quick half-dash and then immediately meterburn. This gives the least amount of gravity and leaves them the closest to you, which gives you the largest window to hit the b3. You'll sacrifice a small amount of damage by not doing 3 reps on chain spin, but it's only to the tune of 0.5-1% and the b3 timing is much more forgiving.

After tinkering around with it, the easiest way is to dash and then meterburn the spin on the second hit, by inputting ff+RT as soon as the db1 animation starts. Scarecrow will do a quick half-dash and then immediately meterburn. This gives the least amount of gravity and leaves them the closest to you, which gives you the largest window to hit the b3. You'll sacrifice a small amount of damage by not doing 3 reps on chain spin, but it's only to the tune of 0.5-1% and the b3 timing is much more forgiving.
Thanks man, I'll give it a try!

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Just practice the b3 guys, on launch I had the same problem, next day I found the flow of the buttons go. SC is a patient char, you can't mash him. Wait until you're out of recovery for the mb,theyre at the apex of the launch and then b3. Pay attention to all the animations. These are things that helped me. Don't give up on Dr.Crane!

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
Any tips on hitting b3 after db1mb consistently. It's such an important part of his game and I keep missing it.
Db1 - ff - MB
You should be right next to then she the MB hits
Wait for the hook to be back in Scarecrows hand and then b3.
Takes a bit of practice but you'll get it

Reactions: jmt

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
It's kinda hard to get much off that if you're midscreen. The most reliable option is to end in another F213 and go for more pressure on the knockdown.
I should have been more specific; I meant in the corner. I have been doing f2,1 xx DB2 mb, f3, 2, 2, 123 xx schizophrenia.

I was unaware that you could even convert off of that midscreen. I'll give it a whirl. Thanks!

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Is the combo thread gonna be updated?
Anyways, here are two side switch combo's I found.
Viable one:
Best damage I could find for funsies:
Edit:
notations:
starter xx db1 mb (second hit) dash up s2 b12xxdbf3 401,09
starter xx db1 mb (second hit) dash up s2 s2 s1 f2xxdbf3. 409,37
Damage tested on crow with gear off

Last edited:

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Found a way to use 2 Traumatizes in a corner combo, but with the amount of meter spent to do this that it's not really optimal. Nonetheless enjoy!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So... what's the go to bnb for scarecrow? Looking for a secondary and there are only meterless combos listed in the OP. =/

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I should have been more specific; I meant in the corner. I have been doing f2,1 xx DB2 mb, f3, 2, 2, 123 xx schizophrenia.

I was unaware that you could even convert off of that midscreen. I'll give it a whirl. Thanks!
Oh you meant corner,yes that combo you mentioned is really good,but I think it is too soon to limit his damage potential.
Let's see what we can find.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
You can include these meterless combos when you update the thread.
No gear equipped no special ability activated.

Corner

F21 2 2 2 123 dbf3 = 370
D2 2 2 2 2 2 123 dbf3 = 385
F3 step forward F21 1 1 123 dbf3 = 464
B3 (side switch) F21 1 1 dbf3 = 402

Mid screen

F21 22f3 = 217
D2 22 dbf3 = 256
F21 11 dbf3 = 257

Excuse how much of a noob I am but I am having trouble connecting the f21 11 combo starter consistently. Start hitting 11 as soon as I finish the f21 input but they fall right past my punches.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Excuse how much of a noob I am but I am having trouble connecting the f21 11 combo starter consistently. Start hitting 11 as soon as I finish the f21 input but they fall right past my punches.
That's the problem. You're pressing 11 too soon. Delay it a little bit