What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Uber

Noob
Are there any good videos of high level banes vs competent players ( not online scrub mashing). I dont see a match video thread.

I heard tom brady talking about a bane player that was going even with 16bit at CEO. Do any vids of this exist?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Playing Bane a bit last night, and I cannot believe how good his d2 is. I think I actually might be better with Bane than with Nightwing now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Basically kinda like the one in my signature, only without the light-down view. Yeah, I use that one for my own banner online.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Never does. Super overrides it every time.
His level three does break super armor, but it wont do shit against a super that has a outward hit box from start to finish(supes, cyborg, ect), though I havent tested level 3 f2 on supers since its hit box also sticks outside of his hurtbox

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Are there any good videos of high level banes vs competent players ( not online scrub mashing). I dont see a match video thread.

I heard tom brady talking about a bane player that was going even with 16bit at CEO. Do any vids of this exist?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
There are a few around here. In the match footage thread there is one featuring pnd_mustard using launch Bane at a tourney in UK. RunwayMafia has posted a few videos as well of Banes who were doing it right, check out his YouTube.

If there is any CEO vids from casuals or rooms it's prob held privately.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
If you manage to be hitting them before it comes out, perhaps. But if theres 2 frames of space, it won't work. You have to stuff in it those 2 frames of start-up. Might've been Lag.
It just happened again. He started running at Level 3, Super'd, pancacked.

I've tried to do it in practice and it doesn't work. Super always wins. Bug?

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
You might wanna check into that
Tested it with another guy online. Waited until he ran to about midscreen just to be sure and the super failed.

I think this shit works outside of practice mode. Might want to test it locally if you still think lag is an issue.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Tested it with another guy online. Waited until he ran to about midscreen just to be sure and the super failed.

I think this shit works outside of practice mode. Might want to test it locally if you still think lag is an issue.
Just curious did you test it with and without Supes trait? He appears to always have it during his super, but doesn't hurt to see. I've always known it to outright bust everything, on-line or off. If it's a practice mode only that's interesting.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
Just curious did you test it with and without Supes trait? He appears to always have it during his super, but doesn't hurt to see. I've always known it to outright bust everything, on-line or off. If it's a practice mode only that's interesting.
Only without. Since his trait breaks armor I figured it'd work but who knows.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
After playing the STAR Labs Bane mission I kind of want to use him.

But I hear he has some reeeeaaaally shit match-ups.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
A useless gimmick, but you can cancel F2D into Super before the punch comes out.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Can someone tell me exactly why Bane is considered to be "bad"?
His design prevents him from ever being top tier. As such, he is written off as bad not because of his problems so much as his lack of strengths. He just doesn't have as many good things going for him as the "good characters" like Superman/Wonderwoman/Batman/BlackAdam that can pretty much do a lot.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Oh yeah that f3 restand stuff is kind of useless for Bane. He's disadvantage on the restand by a few frames. Dummy test jumps the stand 1 by a few frames.