What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Yea. It's nice to see someone play Bane similar to the way I do it. I think that's how he's meant to be played. Relentless rush with venom and not letting the other guy breathe then playing defensive on cooldown if necessary.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yea. It's nice to see someone play Bane similar to the way I do it. I think that's how he's meant to be played. Relentless rush with venom and not letting the other guy breathe then playing defensive on cooldown if necessary.
Yeah but I've seen you play and you have better space management, plus you end combos with something other than double punch.

Honestly, he plays like Polarbear without the grabs.

Yeah but I've seen you play and you have better space management, plus you end combos with something other than double punch.

Honestly, he plays like Polarbear without the grabs.
I'm not going to take anything away from him as he's playing some of the best players out there who are using some of the best characters in the game. Sure, he could have done things better, but I guess he's only been playing live for a short time? I'd be the same way probably.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm not going to take anything away from him as he's playing some of the best players out there who are using some of the best characters in the game. Sure, he could have done things better, but I guess he's only been playing live for a short time? I'd be the same way probably.
I suppose, I'm not saying he is bad but he could easily be better. Just imagine if Grr had mustard's diversity and reads, my tech knowledge, your pressure, Polarbear's grabs...

Hiryu02

Noob
Bane has so many tools that its difficult to use them all in one set. You may never need to use certain ones depending on your opponent or his character.

He is really a character that gets results dependent on the person playing him.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
The quality of players for Injustice at NLBC is like either just the really well known players and then there's just randoms. I don't wanna discredit Grr but he gets mauled off stream and we have spoken about Bane briefly. Bane needs a lotta work if people know how to fight him which many here don't.

The quality of players for Injustice at NLBC is like either just the really well known players and then there's just randoms. I don't wanna discredit Grr but he gets mauled off stream and we have spoken about Bane briefly. Bane needs a lotta work if people know how to fight him which many here don't.
Yea, he got mauled in Bane's worst matchup against arguably the best overall player in the entire FGC :rolleyes:. Twice.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I like to poke fun at him, but really good stuff and I hope he continues to get better and better.
But damn dude, save your winning for after the normalization sweep.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
No idea. His main is Batman according to his Hero Card so I expected a lot of that. It was nice being able to fight a variety tho and he was decent with all of them.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Wow, I haven't been on here in awhile. Good to see the Bane love still going on. One question, if anyone saw Bum's stream yesterday, How did you feel about his Bane? He was wrecking Batman and Killer Frost from what I have seen.

I just watched the Zatanna gameplay video, and felt it would have been a lot better if Bane barged into frame at the end and yelled "Venom is as easy as ONE", and pumped up to Level 1 Venom, "TWO", and then flexed as he pumped up to level 2 Venom, and then "THREE!!!", pumped up to Level 3 venom and then yelled "BACKBREAKER!" as he MB Body Pressed Grundy.

Put Bane in all new DLC announcement videos, is what I am saying.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I just watched the Zatanna gameplay video, and felt it would have been a lot better if Bane barged into frame at the end and yelled "Venom is as easy as ONE", and pumped up to Level 1 Venom, "TWO", and then flexed as he pumped up to level 2 Venom, and then "THREE!!!", pumped up to Level 3 venom and then yelled "BACKBREAKER!" as he MB Body Pressed Grundy.

Put Bane in all new DLC announcement videos, is what I am saying.
I was thinking of using his super for that actually.
"BREAKING BATS IS EASY AS..."
*Gut Punch* ONE
*Uppercut* TWO
*Slam* THREE!
*Back Breaker*

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I can't believe he blocked all those Bane charges with his face. lol C'mon dude

btw in the Aquaman stage, I think the zipline is punishable if I'm not wrong. Just d2 them on reaction when they pass you like that at the end and work it. I'd recommend ring toss but I've had so many whiffs and auto correcting I do it on the wrong side and get smacked

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Hey Bane players, sorry to bug you guys, but can one of you post a link to a channel that features some good online Bane gameplay? I'd really like to see a high level Bane in action against the wild that is the Injustice online world.