What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Are you sure you tested f3 and not b3? I tried it and the timing is really tight but once they blocked the f3, the 113 keeps them stand blocking. And even when they do jump out, 1 comes out so early that you still tag em with a combo.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Pretty sure this is common knowledge, but if you have Alt Controls set to OFF, you can do d2 xx body press using the same motion that you do for d1 xx double punch. Before, I was doing d2 and then inputting dbf3 as fast as possible. But you can do d2 and then bf3 and it works. Can also use with d1 xx body press but of course you only want the buffer if they block d1 so that may not be the best idea.

Still, could be helpful for others who are scrubs like me and have bad execution.

regulas

Your Emporer
Helicopter Intractable on Metropolis Museum is fantastic for Bane. So long as you stand on the right it deals double damage (44%). Venom three and that becomes 66% of unblockable damage.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Not sure if this question should be posted here (or if this information in general is elsewhere), but I'll ask anyways.
Since the game came out I've been trying to find usage for some of banes strings and normals, but some still seem useless to me, even after tons of time in training attempting to find situations to use these moves. Does anybody have any good suggestions for when to use these?
f.1: +7 on block but slow as shit startup...why even use it in combos when we have combos that cause fast stand and far better oki situations?
s.3: not special cancel-able, slowish startup, massive wiff recovery, hit advantage and situational advantage is not as good as our other tools.
f.2: not special cancel-able, highly punishable...we all know the dash cancel in level 3 is its main use...other than that, the only other efficient use is to hold down every time this mistake of a move is about to come out.

Strings
112: other than being his highest damage string, I simply cannot find a use for this in any respect.
223: In the past I used this as a conversion off air confirms or f.3 and b.3 combos but changed to 123 because it is so much easier to land and gives me the same advantages with rising slam tagged on at the end. Although it is -7 on block, it seems to push them fairly far away, and the hitboxes cover more area than 113 and 123...still up in the air on when/where to use this.
f.2d2: not cancel-able, -2 on block while f.2d is 0 and can be cancelled. Not sure when or why you would choose this over f.2d into special.
f.2d3: No use except to use after b.23 in a combo when venom is out, or is about to be out. Even still, we have far better options when venom is out or is about to run out (combo wise) than to ever use this string.

Lemme see dat knowledge, Banes.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
F.1 splats and covers a LOT of area. Also staggers on block so you can use b.21 b.1 f.1 Nd it's decent.

S.3 covers decent air, hits crouching, and does decent damage. Great for checking people who need to be close in on us, able to be tied to the end of a lot of combos, doesn't scale too badly due to it being a single heavy.

F.2 hits farther than a lot of stuff and does good damage on hit. Use it to punish from outside of d.1 against stuff like projectiles and all. It's used to be a big range attack.

112 will hit opponents too low for 113, does good damage, and at certain heights doesn't send them too far.

223... It says it's -7 but if you cancel into double punch it's neutral. Outside of that, scales better due to the lack of a light hit, hits mid so you can use it as a 12 check to your frame traps. Has Great Wall carry with ringtoss as an ender.

F.2d 2 has its uses as a fast armor counter, on hit it gives you a good position and decent advantage to work with. Landing it as part of a combo will do better damage than the alternative of double punch.

F.2d 3 is mostly useless.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
F.1 splats and covers a LOT of area. Also staggers on block so you can use b.21 b.1 f.1 Nd it's decent.

S.3 covers decent air, hits crouching, and does decent damage. Great for checking people who need to be close in on us, able to be tied to the end of a lot of combos, doesn't scale too badly due to it being a single heavy.

F.2 hits farther than a lot of stuff and does good damage on hit. Use it to punish from outside of d.1 against stuff like projectiles and all. It's used to be a big range attack.

112 will hit opponents too low for 113, does good damage, and at certain heights doesn't send them too far.

223... It says it's -7 but if you cancel into double punch it's neutral. Outside of that, scales better due to the lack of a light hit, hits mid so you can use it as a 12 check to your frame traps. Has Great Wall carry with ringtoss as an ender.

F.2d 2 has its uses as a fast armor counter, on hit it gives you a good position and decent advantage to work with. Landing it as part of a combo will do better damage than the alternative of double punch.

F.2d 3 is mostly useless.
f.1: I like the idea for f.1, although situational.
s.3: would you ever even want to put it at the end of combos over our other options? Checking with it sounds like it could be useful though.
f.2: I use it for exactly what you said, but only ever in level 3. And usually out of desperation when I already see the startup of a zoning move.
112: I'm assuming when you mean it hits opponents who are too low for 113, your talking about linking this string (for example) after b.23? Because throwing it out in any other situation seems far too risky and is asking for a full punish.
223: Agree on this. DP frame trap idea seems useful.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
f.1: I like the idea for f.1, although situational.
s.3: would you ever even want to put it at the end of combos over our other options? Checking with it sounds like it could be useful though.
f.2: I use it for exactly what you said, but only ever in level 3. And usually out of desperation when I already see the startup of a zoning move.
112: I'm assuming when you mean it hits opponents who are too low for 113, your talking about linking this string (for example) after b.23? Because throwing it out in any other situation seems far too risky and is asking for a full punish.
223: Agree on this. DP frame trap idea seems useful.
112 is for stuff like b.23 d.2 j.2 where 113 won't hit and 12 CG and 123 ring toss aren't wanted. Situational, but it has it's moments where you want to deny the opponent more meter.

As for s.3, not often but you'll find moments where you'd rather have them be a bit away. The space it creates is pretty nice and it's fast so using it as a check is handy.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Game plan vs Shazam? I can't seem to touch or punish the teleport. Wake up teleports too good with the invincibility unless you find a perfect just frame punish on wake up. Torpedo's so random... it stops in front of me or it goes behind me sometimes.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Game plan vs Shazam? I can't seem to touch or punish the teleport. Wake up teleports too good with the invincibility unless you find a perfect just frame punish on wake up. Torpedo's so random... it stops in front of me or it goes behind me sometimes.
According to Mustard, nothing and we are fools for trying.

IMO, take what you can get and try to read the wake-up what best you can. You get more consistant damage and when he goes torpedo, just block it and punish him with a grab > c.grab set-up.

Uber

Noob
Shazams wakeups do screw with Banes pressure, but Bane's armored wakeups screw up Shazams pressure as well. The matchup basically becomes hit and run. For both Bane and Shazam, Id advise to go for max damage combos instead of setups. Bane should MB his charge on hit, you arent going to get him with a meaty c.grab or super.

You can punish torpedo with 113 i believe, just gotta be fast. He will always land behind you after torpedo, unless you block it when you are in the corner.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
His command grab is so much better than ours too -_-
I guess? I mean it does like what... 9% by itself and 14% with meter with a combo follow-up, ours is an ender and a good meaty set-up.
And it doesn't hit high, which to my knowledge shazam's does. Hence why he needs his low one as well or something.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I was messing with bane a few days ago and a few things happened. BF2 second punch whiffs on Wonder Woman and B23 crossed up Batgirl. Any reason why this happened?
Wonder woman isn't the only one, just don't use Double punch on her in combos.
b.23 is a 0-frame window cross-up. Basically, if they input a direction that's forward, you'll actually go to their other side and cross them up. Great against GL

Hiryu02

Noob
Had a chance to come back at the end there, but frontloaded the venom in the final moments and got fucked by debuff.

Also a mb dp in corner could have gotten him some unclashable grab setups. I liked seeing what he was doing to wakeup cage and backdash after divekick.

Hiryu02

Noob
Probably tourney nerves. Did some effective if risky stuff but he missed the chance to end b112 with command grab and mb to toss Chris back into the corner. And as I mentioned earlier the hasty lvl3 was a bad gamble.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Probably tourney nerves. Did some effective if risky stuff but he missed the chance to end b112 with command grab and mb to toss Chris back into the corner. And as I mentioned earlier the hasty lvl3 was a bad gamble.
Yeah, that missed ring toss after b.112 was crucial.