What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well, just based on his reaction so far on twitter, I'm not sure he thinks it was a "joke".
I don't use twitter. What is he saying? :eek:
Nevermind, I found it and took a read. Sheesh, we haven't really kept any of the secrets. I mean honestly most of this you can find in the Dirty Venom thread so its not like we are some kind of actual secret society. Just a bunch of friends talking tech and matches.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i'm not sure what all the fuss is about, there was nothing in the entire conversation that hasn't already been covered in the Bane general discussion / matchups threads. it's mainly been used as a means for Bane players to have matches together etc.

the only "secret" i can recall is when i posted about not being able to talk due to a death in the UKFGC, which was tragic, and had it not been given the okay for Ketchup to make the thread of paying his respects, i would be very upset to be seen leaked online.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
i'm not sure what all the fuss is about, there was nothing in the entire conversation that hasn't already been covered in the Bane general discussion / matchups threads. it's mainly been used as a means for Bane players to have matches together etc.

the only "secret" i can recall is when i posted about not being able to talk due to a death in the UKFGC, which was tragic, and had it not been given the okay for Ketchup to make the thread of paying his respects, i would be very upset to be seen leaked online.
Im sorry this happened to you man. I just found out this went down in the past hour. Its like folks here said, it wasn't really too groundbreaking in terms of tech and it was mainly a way to keep us all from chattering and maybe throwing out misinformation as we bungled through discoveries figuring out their inner workings. It was a place to distill tech before posting it (and most of it was already posted so it was just for matchup fishing most nights). You guys were even collectively using it to build a better guide to post here for everyone to browse easily and brought him in just for it. I can't really figure the logic out on his blow up over it really given that fact.

Ultra David just sort of blew up though and aired everything in it to spite it as if we were the skull and bones society and your personal loss was thrown out against your wishes due to it. I'm sorry for all you went through.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Hey guys, so... let's say...4 or 5 months from now. Where do you see Bane? Where in the tier list do you think he falls into after a few patches are released. Do you think there will be a bane in top 8 of upcoming tournaments? Discuss!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hey guys, so... let's say...4 or 5 months from now. Where do you see Bane? Where in the tier list do you think he falls into after a few patches are released. Do you think there will be a bane in top 8 of upcoming tournaments? Discuss!
If buffs go as planned... yes

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Hey there, back breakers.

So, I'm just a Batman mainer (please, don't break my spine before I finish talking) but I just started to mess around with one my favourite characters from the DC universe: Bane. And I have to say I have a newfound respect for anyone who is maining him: he's hard to use, but also I don't think he's so low tier as everybody claims.

So far, after looking at the threads here, I think I have the fundamentals covered: how to use venom, his great tick throws, b2+3 to keep up the pressure, etc. I love how he practically dominates the wakeup game (both using it and going against it thanks to armor) and I'm feeling very comfortable using him.

So, any "advanced" tips for someone who wants Bane to be his alt?

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
NRS doesn't know how to make games. Bane's going nowhere since they like to give Mortal Kombat characters 2f overheads and invincible teleports Kappa

Idk why but Bane's venom reminds me a lot of Quan Chi's meter from MK9. There seems to be an underlying potential in the math of Bane's Venom to his pressure game (not just his combos). If someone broke this down Under the Mayo style, then maybe there's more than we are currently seeing...

Hiryu02

Noob
Excellent. I knew it worked for charge and double punch but never tested grab. I always end in grab if possible to preserve oki. Thank you.

SUPARNOVAX

It bugs the shit out of me that the frame data is all screwy in this game.

Anyway, Bane's super start up is 20 frames.

There's 3 null frames right after the Super animation close up shot where the stage brightens back to normal from the dimming, you count the frames right after that. This applies to finding everyone else's real start up frames as well.

SUPARNOVAX

im so sad about this i came to the bane forums to cry. as wonderwoman this was my favorite move in the entire game to parry. no other parries were as satisfying, although against good banes you didnt ever get to anyways. :(
Well the overall game design is kind of shitty with long stages and interactives getting in the way of stuff. Yeah you can say the dash is good but overall you will eat a lot of dumb stuff along the way to reach the opponent's face. The charge is a slow move, it's sufficient that it's unparriable.

They still need to remove the venom debuffs to really give Bane a true break. He's still shitty due to this unwarranted design.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
im so sad about this i came to the bane forums to cry. as wonderwoman this was my favorite move in the entire game to parry. no other parries were as satisfying, although against good banes you didnt ever get to anyways. :(
i am going to ass-ram so many clueless wonder womans now

you thought i didn't have fundamentals before? WELL NOW I HAVE EVEN LESS AHAHAHA