What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
I'm going to send messages in the form of Luchador commentary to people I beat using this costume...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This was just posted on Injustice's facebook page

How do you guys feel about this skin? Glad it's free because i hate it
Hate all you want but that thing is so ridiculous how can it NOT be my go to outfit for when I use Bane? I love how ridiculous it is to see him all lucha-ed out in this manner instead of in another badass manner. So glad I made Bane my backpocket character to backup Green Arrow now because lose a match as GA then comeback and wreck house in this means so much hilarious justice for me.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i think i found a bane mix up it helpped me win alot of matches try 22 venom upper cut and when they come down its right in front of you so do a body press or you can do more pressure but if you mix up pressure and the body press they wont know what is coming and the body press is unblockable because its a grab so its free damage if they think pressure is coming its a 50/50 kind of thing

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Yeah , I like the venom upper fisnish... The combo I do most is Jd3-B23,123,venom upper..... then you are in a perfect range to choose to body press or to do a Jump in , and yesterday I found that from that position you can :
-Jd3 it do crossup
-Ji2 it NOT crossup
Also if you think he will jump or backdash try the double punch

P.D: "PEÑA" in spanish means "big rock" and "DURA" means "hard"

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm probably the only one who thinks the TDKR rises look is terrible lol.
I like it on that Bane. It would look horrible on this Bane.

That said, we need the trench coat look in the concept art. That shit is too amazing. (#7 of the concept arts I think, #1 and #6 are also great)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Doombawkz
PND_Mustard
To other Bane mains

Didn't want to make another thread but I want to get down what I feel is Bane's strengths and weaknesses at the moment.

Pros:
- Strong oki
- Armor at the push of a button(with a slight damage boost to boot)
- Great corner game
- Decent set ups with command grab after hard knockdowns
- Frame traps
- Possibility for really strong damage and momentum with Venom
- Long reaching normals and pokes

Cons:
- One of the lowest damage outputs in general(without Venom)
- MB on all his specials are worthless
- Slow on just about everything
- Moves like Charge and f.2 are some of the worst in the game as of now
- AA Grab that's weak at AA'ing.
- Debuffs on higher levels of Venom greatly shadow the reward
- No way to navigate zoning
- Sub-par movement barring backwards dash.

Just to get an idea of what we have right now, I think I left a few things out but I'm too tired to remember. More or less to know what we can handle and what might need minor tweaking, as well as giving small insight to his tools in general.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
100% mid screen level 2 venom combos that need to either be teched in an extremely small window, blocked correctly (one guess), and grab immuned in that order. Resets galore...

So I just found out the hard way that Bane gets smacked in the face when using bf1 by mb b3 >_<
He has like nothing to get in V_V

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
it can be blocked or jumped over entirely. i used to use it with venom when people would projectile but it seems online theyve grown wise to that

haketh

Noob
Doombawkz
PND_Mustard
To other Bane mains

Didn't want to make another thread but I want to get down what I feel is Bane's strengths and weaknesses at the moment.

Pros:
- Strong oki
- Armor at the push of a button(with a slight damage boost to boot)
- Great corner game
- Decent set ups with command grab after hard knockdowns
- Frame traps
- Possibility for really strong damage and momentum with Venom
- Long reaching normals and pokes

Cons:
- One of the lowest damage outputs in general(without Venom)
- MB on all his specials are worthless
- Slow on just about everything
- Moves like Charge and f.2 are some of the worst in the game as of now
- AA Grab that's weak at AA'ing.
- Debuffs on higher levels of Venom greatly shadow the reward
- No way to navigate zoning
- Sub-par movement barring backwards dash.

Just to get an idea of what we have right now, I think I left a few things out but I'm too tired to remember. More or less to know what we can handle and what might need minor tweaking, as well as giving small insight to his tools in general.
Compeltely agree.

One thing people don't talk about ebough is how shit his jump is.

haketh

Noob
The arc is fine, it's the speed that's the problem. Also yeah AA grab sucks dick, the hitbox is horrible, I got lucky sometimes playing against my boys Hawkgirl catchign Mace Charge but it's a crapshoot if she does anything else.

Reactions: RYX

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
might both be things to check out on the lab, with venom you gain a hit of armor so it should beat out most specials. an MB b3 is easier in input and timing and you can lead it into a combo that ends in command grab if you like

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I've been using the Ring Toss to end certain combos strings. One animation leaves them in perfect range for follow ups. I'll post some more info later.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I've been using the Ring Toss to end certain combos strings. One animation leaves them in perfect range for follow ups. I'll post some more info later.
It's perfect range but not enough advantage. For some reason Bane isn't allowed to have good pressure.